Forbes List of Billionaires: Which Billionaire do you really think is a person of high morals? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.
Billionaires are not that common in the world. Think of the total world population and the amount of billionaires in the world?

Who do you think got there legitimately? And who do you think did it lyin' and cheatin' and stealin'?

why does society admire billionaires?

https://www.forbes.com/billionaires/
From what I have heard about Warren Buffett, he seems to be a decent person. He seems to be low key. And he used to work with this company when they were holding an auction to help them raise funds. His prize was win a lunch date with Warren Buffett. The winner of that prize gets to spend an hour interviewing him about his tips and tricks, his business acumen. That is a pretty sweet prize actually.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/18/warren- ... llion.html

Society drools after loads of money. I think most people are shallow and greedy. They measure success by how much a person earns or if they have prestigious awards. But success should be measured by level of happiness and the quality of life...is the person sleeping well and are they content with themselves and their past and present?
Warren Buffett seems like a good guy, but I'm no expert.

People want to be billionaires so I guess some admire them in order to try to be more like them.

I don't personally know any billionaires, but I know a few greedy millionaires and they are basically sociopaths and treat their employees like meat. Some millionaires I know are wonderful people who just worked really hard and tadow are rich from success.

Other successful people i know are successful because they basically have high functioning mental illness and work so hard that it's impossible to emulate them. They kind of have work OCD and hardly ever take any rest for themselves and yet never tire. They would be the extreme end of the distribution types.
MistyTiger wrote:From what I have heard about Warren Buffett, he seems to be a decent person. He seems to be low key. And he used to work with this company when they were holding an auction to help them raise funds. His prize was win a lunch date with Warren Buffett. The winner of that prize gets to spend an hour interviewing him about his tips and tricks, his business acumen. That is a pretty sweet prize actually.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/18/warren- ... llion.html

Society drools after loads of money. I think most people are shallow and greedy. They measure success by how much a person earns or if they have prestigious awards. But success should be measured by level of happiness and the quality of life...is the person sleeping well and are they content with themselves and their past and present?

Buffett's investment strategy is basically don't be greedy, buy at good value and hold for a very long time. Other stock buyers kill themselves on the daily trading.
ness31 wrote:omg. Everyone loves Warren Buffet :lol:

This is a clever thread, well done @Tainari88 .

Thank you Ness31.

My point was to drive home how few human beings on planet Earth get to become billionaires. Most people make much less in terms of income. Yet there are many more geniuses and extreme intelligence humans than billionaires. So it is not about intelligence per se. What is it about? It is about control and management of enormous amounts of wealth, resources and investments.

How does that work? Everyone that is human is limited by certain natural laws. They got to eat, sleep, and have 24 hours in a day. So why do the billionaires have the right to control such enormous amounts of money and or organizational production?

How does the stock exchange work? Why are there publicly traded companies versus privately held businesses? Privately held businesses by the way are way more numerous than the publicly traded companies on the stock exchange. Why?

What qualities of capitalistic production makes something profitable or not?

These sorts of questions should be fully explored?

If you analyze where wealth resides? It is in pooled productive labor and services by vast amount of ordinary workers, who consume, buy and trade and spend most of their hours creating a resource that converts to wealth. But the control is exclusive and the wealth is too. Why?

That is the point of trying to delve into why billionaires exist. There are less than 2,700 or so billionaires in the entire world. But there are billions upon billions of workers. It all the wealth is efficiently used to support life for all people on Earth and not for competing and conflicting interests and loss of access by the most poor to basic needs? You will have always destruction and waste.

There are enormous amounts of evidence to back this truth up. Where there is fighting and the idea of a closed and exclusive system is the one that is adored, worshipped and dealt with? It is not acknowledging the reality that the force of the many will always be the source of any wealth generated. Harness the force of the many for the good of the many. And the standard of living of the many will be raised.

Now, if everyone thinks living like a billionaire is what everyone needs to become? The math says you have a snowball chance in hell of accomplishing it. What should happen that no matter if you are ill, or you have obstacles, and you have needs, and you have problems, and you keep working and you keep struggling and you keep being responsible? Society and all your fellow working people will always be there for you. You are not alone in this world. And never will be.

That is what a person of high morals should be about. How can I live a life where I can help the ones who need me and depend on me? How can I live in a way that reinforces life on planet Earth?

If all we can do is hate any country or people or culture or group that does not share the value of admiring the billionaire class? We will never be able to get to any real balance and any real progress.
Rancid wrote:Curious, I was left out of the list.

You are not a billionaire yet Rancid? I wonder why not eh? Austin is a mecca and Elon Musk is coming your way....

You can become the next billionaire out there Rancid, and sing this song....

AFAIK wrote:Pablo Escobar

He gave money to the poor and built them better housing. He could have done great things for Colombia if they'd allowed him to corrupt the political process and get away with murder.

Indeed. What a terrible missed opportunity.... :*(

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]

@FiveofSwords " small " Humans are 9[…]