Is it time to start discussing the 25th Amendment? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I think it makes more sense for Biden than it did for Trump, but I would not seriously say this man needs to be examined..! if only because it creates unnecesary political turmoil and isn't a serious suggestion.

It is said Reagan was likely suffering from Alzheimers towards the end of his term... The general retrospective on this from sane people is that it all worked out fairly well since his moral judgment wasn't compromised and there were so many people around him it was like there was no real danger...

I certainly would bring these things up if he runs again in 2024, but it's rather ugly to suggest someone is removed this way if it is not absolutely necessary.
Fasces wrote:At some point folks like you need to realize you're a minority within the United States at ~30% of the population, give or take. :lol:

So are the democrats. Whats your point ?

The dominant political group in the USA are independents, apparently now larger than republicans and democrats combined.
Verv wrote:I think it makes more sense for Biden than it did for Trump, but I would not seriously say this man needs to be examined..! if only because it creates unnecesary political turmoil and isn't a serious suggestion.

It is said Reagan was likely suffering from Alzheimers towards the end of his term... The general retrospective on this from sane people is that it all worked out fairly well since his moral judgment wasn't compromised and there were so many people around him it was like there was no real danger...

I certainly would bring these things up if he runs again in 2024, but it's rather ugly to suggest someone is removed this way if it is not absolutely necessary.

So you are concerned about "political turmoil", it being "ugly" , and you believe there's no real danger? mmm kay. :lol:
late wrote:Underlying his concerns, is one for the Rule of Law.

Since you want the country to burn, your lack of interest is duly noted.

Democrats like you should police your own before lecturing others on the rule of law.

With you "progressives" constantly rioting, looting, burning and stealing, it's actually you who wants the country to burn.
BlutoSays wrote:
Democrats like you should police your own before lecturing others on the rule of law.

With you "progressives" constantly rioting, looting, burning and stealing, it's actually you who wants the country to burn.

Lying isn't going to help you.

Of course, your whole world-view is based on lies, so I realise there's no chance of you joining the sane.
Verv wrote:It is said Reagan was likely suffering from Alzheimers towards the end of his term... The general retrospective on this from sane people is that it all worked out fairly well since his moral judgment wasn't compromised and there were so many people around him it was like there was no real danger...

I agree. Reagan would have completely supported the Iran Contra deal and other immoral and undemocratic policies if he had been of sound mind back then.

I still think of his last term as Bush’s first term.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
I agree. Reagan would have completely supported the Iran Contra deal and other immoral and undemocratic policies if he had been of sound mind back then.

I still think of his last term as Bush’s first term.

Reagan was missing the real world skills needed to be president. His math skill was grade school, look at Stockman's first book. He had sweet F all in the way of management skill, so the administration broke into cliques that had next to nothing by way of overview or coorodination. Did you ever see Koops speech about how he got the administration to let him do his job? Epic..

In my distinctly unhumble opinion, Wild Bill cut a deal with Iran to hold the hostages until after the election. Iran/Contra was much too risky to do without a prior relationship that built trust...

While all that insanity was going on, the Koch brothers (who had been funding Reagan) had their hand so far up his butt Reagan could taste fingernails.

There's an entire mythology that has been built around Reagan, but like all things Republican, it's complete and utter BS.
BlutoSays wrote:Image

This is an excellent meme because it tells you that POTUS selection is more about marketing than it is about vision.

Reagan helped Americans "feel better" about the decline of the empire they live in the center of. But he had no ideas or political vision.

Same with Obama, and Biden. All of them are just the marketing tools of corrupt, mass-murdering Banksters.
late wrote:Reagan was missing the real world skills needed to be president. His math skill was grade school, look at Stockman's first book. He had sweet F all in the way of management skill, so the administration broke into cliques that had next to nothing by way of overview or coorodination. Did you ever see Koops speech about how he got the administration to let him do his job? Epic..

In my distinctly unhumble opinion, Wild Bill cut a deal with Iran to hold the hostages until after the election. Iran/Contra was much too risky to do without a prior relationship that built trust...

While all that insanity was going on, the Koch brothers (who had been funding Reagan) had their hand so far up his butt Reagan could taste fingernails.

There's an entire mythology that has been built around Reagan, but like all things Republican, it's complete and utter BS.

Reagan had a degree in economics. He was Governor of California, so he RAN the state. He was even a democrat until the party became nuttier and nuttier and switched parties.

Carter was performing poorly as CICAF and Iran took full advantage of that. There were no "secret" deals that Reagan cut with Iran. That's a myth. That's what you democrats make up to try to continue to hold power. Carter was weak and the Iranians saw that and took advantage of it. Plus his economics sucked. Remember the "misery index"? It skyrocketed under Carter.

While Reagan said NO at reykjavik and eventually caused the Soviet Union to buckle and fall, Biden gave billions in military hardware to the Taliban and CAUSED a disasterous retreat fom Afghanistan by demanding unrealistic timing that the military was not ready for. Biden wanted a press event and gold star for the withdrawal, so he only cared about the timing and not how well it was done. Biden has been a fuckup for his entire time in the Senate.

Meanwhile, we see the skills of Biden at work: everything is turning to shit and his administration and the demtarded party can't hold back the woke crowd from all their fucking nuttiness (unfettered illegal immigrants pouring in, Afghanistan, spiraling inflation, serial shortages, crime breaking out everywhere, Russia rolling in to Ukraine after the show of DNC weakness, the military not making recruitment numbers, a shitty economy, and a raving lunatic of a president who doesn't know where the fook he is, etc., etc. etc.)

Fuck your unhumble opinion and fuck the thieving crooks at the Democrat National Committee.

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]