Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 835 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

skinster wrote:^ :lol:

Isn't it wild how the Slava Ukraini side still think they're going to win in Ukraine?

More from Europe:

If by win you mean taking all the land back from aggressor then may be since we have been in the long marathon for a while now but realistically we already won since Russia didn't achieve any of its day 1 objectives and never will. Kiev government is still there and still fighting and Russia doesn't occupy the main centers.

As for drones and other things, this variety really matters actually. Both sides are producing them in hundreds of thousands nowadays, may be million soon. They are the next iteration of warfare after all.

The war attrition is not something inherently bad since we have dozens of times more resources than Russia. It is a mater of will for us so to speak.
By Rancid
JohnRawls wrote:Are Republicans gonna just keep a blind eye to this?

Yes.

Republicans are scared of Trump.
By paeng
Rich wrote:Just to note that Qaddafi was a leader who could have been toppled. However luckily our wise leaders knew that toppling Qaddafi would be immoral. it would be against International Law and International Law is sacred. So our wise leaders introduced highly restrictive rules of engagement specifically designed to avoid accidentally toppling the regime. Imagine if we toppled Qaddafi. Imagine having that terrible crime on our consciences.

No the better strategy was to allow armed groups, proto statelets in effect to build up in different parts of the country, because as soon as Qadaffi did go they would inevitably put aside their differences to live in peaceness and light in a unified liberal democracy. The destruction of infrastructure and the need to rebuild after a protracted multi factional war would also no doubt help the healing and unifying process.

What Benito Mussolini and Nikita Khrushchev have brought together, let no man split asunder.

From what I remember, he belonged to the group of "young lions" that was part of pan-Arabic and nationalist movements that the West considered an antidote the Iron Curtain incursion After that, the same West screwed around in the region and used Islamic fundamentalists to go against the Russians in Afghanistan, which in turn led to the rise of terrorist groups.

Also, he was calling for the formation of an African oil bourse and the use of a new gold dinar. Like Saddam selling oil to the West in exchange for Euros, this was a no-no for the U.S., which wanted a unipolar global economy dependent on the U.S. dollar, or else the U.S. would no longer be able to continue voodoo economics.
By paeng
Rancid wrote:Yes.

Republicans are scared of Trump.

In general, Trump is more interested in trade deals and doing business, and so do China and many other countries.

In contrast, Republicans prefer neoconservatism while the Democrats prefer neoliberalism. However, both ideologies work together to maintain voodoo economics. The principle instruments are the military industrial complex and onerous policies like structural adjustment.
I find it amusing how these decades-old tropes about the US dollar and "voodoo economics" are still shared by conspiracy nutters and the likes.

The end of the dollar hegenomy is near! :excited: :lol:
By Rancid
Rugoz wrote:I find it amusing how these decades-old tropes about the US dollar and "voodoo economics" are still shared by conspiracy nutters and the likes.

The end of the dollar hegenomy is near! :excited: :lol:

Old habits die hard.

The US dollar as a global reserve will eventually die, but not any time soon. These kinds of people are much like the "end is neigh" crowd. They will just continue say it over and over. Eventually, they may be right, and will ignore all the time they were wrong. "YOU SEE! I WAS (FINALLY) RIGHT!".

Same with "The US is in decline stuff". THis shit has been stated for decades upon decades over and over. Ignoring when it doesn't happen along the way.

It's the intellectually laziest position to take on anything.
paeng wrote:In general, Trump is more interested in trade deals and doing business,

You are clearly not paying attention to Trump in the last 4 years. He's clearly broadcasting far more than this. Clearly.

There are at least 11780 reasons this is full of shit, or rather an obfuscation. Sure, he's interested in business. However more importantly, more dangerously, and more consequentially his actions have shown he is more interested in power and being a dictator. It's pretty fucking obvious.

At this point, people have to be complete retard to not understand this. If not that, then have ulterior motives so strongly that they are willing trade whatever dumb shit they want for authoritarianism. Which of course, is detrimental in the long term.

This is one of the big problems with the morons that support Trump. They continue to try and paint this as normal, ok, politics as usual, etc. etc. Highly dishonest. That said, the bigger disappointment isn't Trump, it's all the Trump cult morons.
By Rich
Rancid wrote:However more importantly, more dangerously, and more consequentially his actions have shown he is more interested in power and being a dictator. It's pretty fucking obvious.

Trump's totally committed to the American democratic system. He lost in 2020 and as part of that democratic system he was totally entitled to stand again in 2024. His problem was that normally no candidate who has lost a Presidential gets another shot from his party. Nixon of course did it in 1968, but now its virtually impossible. Trumps' only real chance of leading the Republican party in 2024 was to not admit that he had lost in 2020. I'm sorry but there was just no other way for Trump to have a realistic chance of getting a second term.

Trump has a brutal right wing rough justice trait to him, he's an obvious narcissist,in fact he doesn't make any pretense of not being a narcissist, he's a bit like Boris Johnson or the British MP Alan Clarke in that regard. But he's no dictator. Trump is a performance artist and like the great Andy Kaufman, uncompromising with his performance, trusting to others to negotiate a path back to reality.
By litwin
JohnRawls wrote:If by win you mean taking all the land back from aggressor then may be since we have been in the long marathon for a while now but realistically we already won since Russia didn't achieve any of its day 1 objectives and never will. Kiev government is still there and still fighting and Russia doesn't occupy the main centers.

As for drones and other things, this variety really matters actually. Both sides are producing them in hundreds of thousands nowadays, may be million soon. They are the next iteration of warfare after all.

The war attrition is not something inherently bad since we have dozens of times more resources than Russia. It is a mater of will for us so to speak.

what are they complaining about? it was simply a return-to-sender package. 8)

LNG - gas - oil , Logistic - infrastructure, ok what-else ?

what in Muscovy we´d attack first of all ? 'Ukrainian' Cessna drone blows up factory 745 miles inside Moscow empire

By litwin
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/ivan_8848/status/1775098777310757001?s=20

" Saddam Putsein the Great Loser" is rapidly sending Muscovy back to 15c borders . Drone? That looks like a whole ass airplane :lol:

By Rich
skinster wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbYEUuIpF0U

Russia is not winning hands down. Russia is still significantly down on where it was at the end of August 2022. Yes Russia has made net gains since November 2022, but they are hardly spectacular and made at huge human cost.When Ukraine launched the Kharkov offensive at the end of August 2022, the Russian fanbois said oh ground doesn't matter Russia is smartly preserving its forces, we'll easily retake it later. Well its over 18 months later and Russia has barely recovered any of the ground lost in that offensive.

However Scott Ritter's argument is still fundamentally correct. Putin never escalated with NATO in a major overt way. He did escalate in covert ways, such as supply of weapons and know how to North Korea, Iran, and its clients and I suspect he probably was behind the Baltimore Bridge "accident". But he never escalated with NATO in a major overt way, because he was always confident or at least hopeful of some level of victory. If Russia was really losing badly then it might be a different matter.
By Rancid
Rich wrote: He lost in 2020 and as part of that democratic system

You know he still hasn't' accepted that loss right? No, he does not believe in a democratic system.

This is another one of the many contradictions/paradoxes of the Trump cultists and red pill alpha morons. They support a guy that can't take a loss like a man. Trump is a punk ass bitch. The easiest example of a pussy there is.
Rancid wrote:You know he still hasn't' accepted that loss right? No, he does not believe in a democratic system.

This is another one of the many contradictions/paradoxes of the Trump cultists and red pill alpha morons. They support a guy that can't take a loss like a man. Trump is a punk ass bitch. The easiest example of a pussy there is.

I say he needs to sell another few items. So far he has sold sneakers and bibles.

I say he expands to dinnerware, thermoses, pillowcases, pens, and stationary. Threaten Taylor Swift.

Open up a cleaning company. Sell cleaning products. Gold T soap and disinfectant. Only clean your house and car with Gold T. Subscribe. He should just declare himself Jesus Christ of Nazareth incarnate and have his cult followers give them his life savings. Drop all pretense of political power.

OR ELSE.

Imagine Trump saying I am Jesus incarnate.

They might go for it? :lol:

By Rancid
Tainari88 wrote:I say he needs to sell another few items. So far he has sold sneakers and bibles.

You missed NFTs, and digital trading cards.

You should buy one here:
https://collecttrumpcards.com/

I really really need to see who are the morons buying this shit. :lol:
Rancid wrote:You missed NFTs, and digital trading cards.

You should buy one here:
https://collecttrumpcards.com/

I really really need to see who are the morons buying this shit. :lol:

Would you be surprised if he dropped the pretense and said he was Jesus Christ reborn?

My husband thinks the man is washed up. Too many legal problems.

I got another job offer. I am getting more and more work but I got to pace myself.

Hell, I did not move to Mexico to become a workaholic eh?

As for Russia versus Ukraine I hate to see Ukraine destroyed over pressuring Russia to be conceding in order for what?

No war is worth innocent lives. Ever.

It is tragic.

Well, I like Mexican politics. They discuss on TV and they say? They need to end that war in Russia and Ukraine as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, back in Puerto Rico pro independence protesters started criticizing Kamala Harris and saying she sucks for allowing the genocide in Gaza and they want the war ended as soon as possible. Kamala did not understand Spanish and thought they were cheering her on.

Kamala Harris is the most IGNORANT vice president on Latin America that I have ever run across. She bombed with the Mexicans, the Central Americans, most of South America and now with Puerto Rico. She was there trying to get Latino support for Biden.

She needs to pay attention to the numbers. The independence faction is growing fast.

And we do not like genocide in Gaza or Ukrainian people being used as pawns to expand NATO.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Back to the mass grave at Nasser hospital: The ID[…]

https://twitter.com/lowkeysim/status/178471830369[…]

Would be boring without it though. Yes, the oth[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]