US Presidential election 2024 thread. - Page 34 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

ingliz wrote:No, just America.

And I am not alone.

Although 70 percent of Americans say the relationship between Germany and America is good approximately the same percentage of Germans say it is bad.

:)

70+70= 140

Not meaning to be a wise acre , but that is over 100% . I myself would suspect that the segment of the population that is opposed to the role the United States is playing in the world is largely made up of supporters of the Left Party , and maybe some of the Greens , not counting those such as the National Democratic Party , and the AFD , of whom I feel are either marginal , or in the latter case I am not actually sure what their position is . The points I just wanted to make is that Germans have more varied political party allegiances than just for the two largest parties , the SPD , and the CDU , and that third parties , unlike arguably in the United States of America , are more than mere spoilers, as explained by this American expat . And also , for what it's worth , I have watched this one video from a German woman , currently living in the United States , about this very topic .

@Deutschmania

Not if the 70% are American and 70% German are two different sets.

A = 70 + 30 = 100

G = 70 + 30 = 100

That is under 100%.

ingliz wrote:@Deutschmania

Not if the 70% are American and 70% German are two different sets.

A = 70 + 30 = 100

G = 70 + 30 = 100

That is under 100%.

bad news for the Muscovite passives :lol:

Britain will transfer the defense industry to wartime mode - Prime Minister Sunak

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nuclear armed country like the US OR Russia seriously threatened is idiotic. It is like standing waste deep in gasoline and wishing you had more matches.
Drlee wrote:Wishing to see the existence of a massively nuclear armed country like the US OR Russia seriously threatened is idiotic. It is like standing waste deep in gasoline and wishing you had more matches.

Well the Mexican internet commentators are a bit freaked out over some Putin interview where he tells some interviewer that Russia has some nukes and they are more modern and ready to be deployed.

Mexicans are speculating that he might use them in some war. They want this to end fast. Without nukes. Peace has to be reached quickly.

The Mexicans are freaked out over here about this interview. I am wondering if it is all for show? Or if it is a real possibility? Please let us not have nuclear armageddon.

Please.

https://www.youtube.com/live/4xNpZ4coBm ... -xNm3qwiwV
Tainari88 wrote:Mexicans are speculating that he might use them in some war. They want this to end fast. Without nukes. Peace has to be reached quickly.

Mexico, LoL, why would anyone nuke Mexico.

Drlee was talking about wishing for civil war in America.

Defeating Russia in Ukraine doesn't threaten the existence of Russia.

If anything, a Russian victory in Ukraine makes confrontation with NATO more likely.
Rugoz wrote:Mexico, LoL, why would anyone nuke Mexico.

Drlee was talking about wishing for civil war in America.

Defeating Russia in Ukraine doesn't threaten the existence of Russia.

If anything, a Russian victory in Ukraine makes confrontation with NATO more likely.

No one will nuke Mexico. But Mexico is the neighbor of the USA. And the Russians could be into nuking the USA. Even if they nuke some part of Europe or a neighbor the nuclear radiation will reach California first and Baja California Norte and Baja California Sur, both of those Mexican states are close to the Russian side of the Pacific. It is not about Russia nukes someone or some nation and the rest of the world does not have to deal with radiation, nuclear fallout problems.

Everyone hates any possibility of dealing with more environmental problems. They criticize the US severely in Mexico over the US engaging in nonstop wars in places. Mexico signed an agreement with the US of never allowing Nukes in Mexico by any nation and certainly not by Mexico itself. If the US decided to go for a nuclear war with some country Mexicans would have not only the nuclear fallout but the vast majority of the most populated states in the US are close to Mexico, California, Texas, Florida, etc. The Southwest is very populated. They will run to Mexico to avoid either a civil war in the US or a big nuke war with other powers whether they be the PRC or Russia or anyone else.

Then DC moaning about Mexico has to control Middle Eastern Terrorists from using Mexico to springboard into the USA--Mexicans are dealing with a lot of Central Americans fleeing, Narco freaks with huge arms that can only be sold by the USA and no one else, when in Mexico the only shop you can buy guns legally in is in Mexico city and it is tightly controlled and only for hunting and it is not military grade at all.

So? Where are all the damn expensive military-grade weapons coming from illegally? THE USA.

Why doesn't the US government crack down on Smith and Wesson, and all the US arms dealers hard? Stop all that trade in arms? The arms dealers are powerful obviously in DC.

They love blaming the Mexican government for shit they are responsible for. The Americans consume drugs like there is no tomorrow. If there are good treatment facilities and serious money in treating druggies in the USA and serious monitoring of drug addiction and people coping with it? There would be less profit for these freaks who love selling drugs to the USA and buying arms from the USA.

Yes you go to war with these narco people they will kill everyone in bloody fights in the street. Lots of civvies dying like flies over these people. Most of the killings, murders, kidnappings, rapes, and women being raped and killed never go to trial or even charged properly. It is a mass injustice that pisses people off very badly in Mexico. 95% no investigation or solution to violent crime of the worst sort. The human traffickers and so on have almost no opposition or consequences for being criminals of the worst sort. They intimidate judges, and the legal system is broken against them.

If they go to war with the Cartels the thing is going to go into the streets and it will be hundreds or thousands of civilians dying every month. They are fucking TERRORISTS. They need to be placed as terrorists and treated like damn terrorists. But the Mexican government needs the USA to not sell them arms, not to consume drugs, and not to play their two-faced shit games about what is wrong in the USA with their own corrupt lobbying in DC that is the reason why all those mass shootings have ZERO effect on policy.
Who sells the most arms in the world?

The United States
The United States was the largest arms exporter between 2018 and 2022, making up 40 percent of all international arms sales, delivering weapons to 103 states.Jan 9, 2024

Who is continuing to sell more arms over time?

Who are the top arms exporters?
ș The five largest exporters were the United States, France, Russia, China and Germany. ș Arms exports by the USA went up by 17 per cent between 2014–18 and 2019–23, while those by Russia went down by 53 per cent.Mar 11, 2024

https://images.app.goo.gl/hjLA6UCqqYuuEFLs7

Who is the dominant force in the US gun market?
Chart: The Dominant Forces In The U.S. Gun Market | Statista
Ruger manufactures the highest number of guns for the U.S.market each year, 1.64 million. Remington Outdoor and Smith & Wesson come second and third with 1.47 and 1.31 million respectively.Sep 15, 2016

https://indepthnews.net/saudi-arabia-un ... d%20States.

Why should they change. Saudi Arabia has an abysmal human rights record. They killed that journalist Kashoggi and got away with it. No one was prosecuted. The 9/11 families sued the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The US government blocked that for YEARS. Why? The above relationship trumps the ability of US victims' families from holding the ones responsible for harboring the ones plotting such an attack.

The Bush family prioritized their deals with the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia over the need of the victims to get justice. Where are these freaks priorities eh?
Rugoz wrote:Nobody sanctioned the US for the war in Iraq, so presumably the entire world supported the war. :roll:

I'm not aware of a single country that seriously opposed it. I'm not aware of a single country that openly supplied arms to Saddam's regime. I'm not aware of a single country that offered a refuge for the Iraqi Baath party to set up a government in exile. In fact is there a single government that has failed to recongise the new Iraqi governments as the legitimate government of Iraq.

Yeah sure there was a bit pointless virtue signalling. I think the French government appointed themselves as International whiners in chief, but there was zero opposition to the US invasion of any substance. Iran seeks to influence the Iraqi political system, but it doesn't seek to overthrow it. The main alternative to the new regime in Iraq has been ISIS and no one gives that diplomatic support.
Last edited by Rich on 25 Apr 2024 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
Drlee wrote:Your characterization of the Russian invasion of a sovereign country as protecting the people of Donbass is idiotic. So I guess you are just trolling as you usually do. Or, and I never rule this out with far right wingers like yourself, just not smart enough to see what is going on.

Russia protecting several millions of ethnic Russians and its 300 year old naval headquarters = "idiotic".
US trying to occupy Russia's 300 year old naval headquarters with Ukranian cannon fodder = not idiotic?

The rest of your argument is even more weird to put it mildly.

You are claiming that Biden will "save" Gaza and Ukraine while Trump will throw both Gaza and Ukraine to the dogs.

So if we want Gaza or Ukraine saved we need to support Biden is where you 're getting at.

But the reality is very different.

Gaza is fucked with Biden or Trump so no substantive difference there.

Ukraine will be saved only by Trump of course, since he will put an end to a pointless war that is destroying Ukraine for no reason whatsoever.

In the scales, Trump is a far preferable option for Europe, the World and Global Peace.
Rich wrote:I'm not aware of a single country that seriously opposed it. I'm not aware of a single country that openly supplied arms to Saddam's regime. I'm not aware of a single country that offered a refuge for the Iraqi Baath party to set up a government in exile. In fact is there a single government that has failed to recongise the new Iraqi governments as the legitimate government of Iraq.

Yeah sure there was a bit pointless virtue signalling. I think the French government appointed themselves as International whiners in chief, but there was zero opposition to the US invasion of any substance. Iran seeks to influence the Iraqi political system, but it doesn't seek to overthrow it. The main alternative to the new regime in Ira has been ISIS and no one gives that diplomatic support.

At the time of the invasion, Saddam was a pariah and Iraq was embargoed by the entire world. Nobody shed a tear over his removal, and nobody was particularly interested in Iraq plunging into chaos (or only to give the US a bloody nose).

Your conclusion that the invasion was unopposed is still wrong.
Rugoz wrote: and nobody was particularly interested in Iraq plunging into chaos (or only to give the US a bloody nose).

As of 2022 Iraq's real GDP had increased by a staggering 700% since 2002 and is forecast to see ongoing robust growth. Regime change in Iraq has been a huge success for the large majority of the Iraqi people. Appeasement is not always wrong, but the demands for appeasement of the Sunni Arabs by leaving a Sunni Arab regime in power in Iraq were disgraceful. Around the world millions upon millions marched in defence of the Saddam regime, demanding that sanctions be given another chance. All those who opposed Bush and Blair's invasion should be utterly ashamed of themselves.
Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake electors plot. Trump is currently described as an "unindicted conspirator". A bit of a surprise for this to be coming from Arizona. That is the state, after all, where it's Republican legislature authorized to spend millions of tax payer dollars to hire some fly by night company (ninja something) to recount ballots to "prove" trump won the state... They just proved Biden won.

Republicans love to talk about how much of a waste of money shit is.... here's one they don't complain about. :roll:
Drlee wrote:Well here is how this is going to work Skinster. Just like this.

Your fantasies are not reality, but they, along with that Trump Derangement Syndrome you're still suffering, were amusing to read. :D

Russia will conquer Ukraine. You will be happy because you never saw a terrorist or despot you didn't like. Your characterization of the Russian invasion of a sovereign country as protecting the people of Donbass is idiotic.

Russia will win against the U.S. and NATO's war against in, in Ukraine. That is obvious to anyone paying attention to what's happening on the ground. It's not my "characterization" but material reality of what occurred, because there was a genocide against the Ukrainians in the east for 8 years following the U.S. coup in 2014. I know Yankees like yourself as dumb AF and even celebrate your ignorance, but despite it, there is a reality outside your ahistorical fantasies.

The election of Trump will be the last gasp of democracy in the US. It will be even more completely ruled by oligarchs than it is now.

:lol:

I guess I will do just fine. I am a white male, financially entitled, and just the darling of the right-wing. I am a republican after all. You? If your careful and do not get above yourself. You have a chance. Just barely. Just don't wear a hijab or spout your opinions in public. That is not where women belong anyway now is it. Stay home and cook for your man. He may just be kind to you.

The butthurt is palpable. :lol:
Rancid wrote:Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake electors plot. Trump is currently described as an "unindicted conspirator". A bit of a surprise for this to be coming from Arizona. That is the state, after all, where it's Republican legislature authorized to spend millions of tax payer dollars to hire some fly by night company (ninja something) to recount ballots to "prove" trump won the state... They just proved Biden won.

Republicans love to talk about how much of a waste of money shit is.... here's one they don't complain about. :roll:

It is the revenge of the women who hate all this draconian go back to the 19th century laws in Arizona. They are winning on one issue only against the Republicans all over the state. One issue women voters are hysterical over this anti abortion ban based on the 1860s.

The other good thing that people may not remember, is that some laws were passed about 2 years ago preventing some of the bad faith attempts to prevent the peaceful power of transfer.

Mainly codifying that the vice president doesn't have the power to not certify the next president ("Trump tried to get Pence to do that, and is why they had a falling out"). Outlining that the vice president's role in this process is 100% ceremonial (i.e. the vice president cannot single handily overturn the will of voters). Also, raising the threshold for congress to object to the electoral voting process to 1/5 instead of just 1 person. Thus helps to shutdown other bad faith attempts Trump used last time around. This is what the fake electors plot was trying to exploit (of which people got arrested over in AZ an I believe MI as well).

Basically, Jan 6th was Trump's Reichstag fire. It's standard practice for authoritarians to create fake emergencies to seize power. Thankfully it failed.
Tainari88 wrote:It is the revenge of the women who hate all this draconian go back to the 19th century laws in Arizona. They are winning on one issue only against the Republicans all over the state. One issue women voters are hysterical over this anti abortion ban based on the 1860s.

QFT.

Now the terrified Republicans in my state are trying to scramble to stop the law from remaining in effect. They know that they are going to get their pp's beaten flat by the women of the state. They are very much like the dog that finally caught the car.

That is if, and this is a big IF, women really do start acting like they give a shit. It is one thing to talk trash to a survey and quite another to get out and vote. Where are the protests? Where are the demonstrations? Women. Get off your deadasses and hit the streets. You are the only thing of which these idiots are truly afraid.

Sadly my friend Tainari, I am seeing very little real inclination to action on the part of women. This issue places them back to little more than chattel property of the men who own them. If they do not claim their political power soon they may as well just give up the vote entirely. I will say this to them Tainari:

But never fear women. I am a man. I will protect you. I will open doors for you. I will fight wars for you. I will even make your lives virtually stress free by making all of your important decisions for you. All you have to do in return is wear makeup and short skirts. Make love to me on demand. (I am rich you know and I hear you are supposed to let me touch you wherever I like. Cool.) Have kids when I tell you to, cook my meals when you get home from work and when I am tired of you take care of those kids all but two weekends a month while working full time to feed them. That's all. I am a republican. Don't let those woke democrats tell you that you are the equal of men. You are not. But don't fret. We got your backside.
Drlee wrote:QFT.

Now the terrified Republicans in my state are trying to scramble to stop the law from remaining in effect. They know that they are going to get their pp's beaten flat by the women of the state. They are very much like the dog that finally caught the car.

That is if, and this is a big IF, women really do start acting like they give a shit. It is one thing to talk trash to a survey and quite another to get out and vote. Where are the protests? Where are the demonstrations? Women. Get off your deadasses and hit the streets. You are the only thing of which these idiots are truly afraid.

Sadly my friend Tainari, I am seeing very little real inclination to action on the part of women. This issue places them back to little more than chattel property of the men who own them. If they do not claim their political power soon they may as well just give up the vote entirely. I will say this to them Tainari:

But never fear women. I am a man. I will protect you. I will open doors for you. I will fight wars for you. I will even make your lives virtually stress free by making all of your important decisions for you. All you have to do in return is wear makeup and short skirts. Make love to me on demand. (I am rich you know and I hear you are supposed to let me touch you wherever I like. Cool.) Have kids when I tell you to, cook my meals when you get home from work and when I am tired of you take care of those kids all but two weekends a month while working full time to feed them. That's all. I am a republican. Don't let those woke democrats tell you that you are the equal of men. You are not. But don't fret. We got your backside.

Would be funny if it wasn't true. One of the main reasons why Hillary lost the election.

If we go by the history, violence will stop when P[…]

Do you get all your hews solely through conservat[…]

I'm trying to figure ot if the opening premise is[…]

I hope Biden is able to win this election. I think[…]