Favourite Classic Car - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Muck
A friend of mine, who happens to be a bit of a fashion victim, decided he wanted a Sunbeam against the advice of everyone else. After a few months, and thousands of pounds spent keeping it on the road, he sold it. Some bloke turned up for the test drive, said he'd buy it before they had got back to the house, but when they pulled into the drive, the windscreen fell off, straight onto them. There arent many cars Id like to be in less if it rolled.

Anyway, probably this.

By Nets
1964 Metallic Mint Green Buick Skylark *

5 pts. to first person to name the reference
By sploop!
It sounds familiar, but without Googling, I don't know. Is it a Tarentino?
By Infidelis
That's got to be from some comedy...I want to say Tommy Boy, where he thrashes the thing by the end, but I dunno...

EDIT: I just googled...Holy shit, how could I forget that?! I've seen that movie quite a few times.
By Erebus

That Morgan. We used to have one but because the engine was illegal we had to send it back to the owner.
By Muck
We used to have one but because the engine was illegal

How so?
By R_G

1982 Lambourghini Countash.
By QatzelOk

Late 70s Fiat X19.
By hannu
This is one of my favourites called a Bond made in the fifties.

They only had two rear wheels. A turbofan kept the front of the car off of the ground.
By QatzelOk
Two wheels good, four wheels bad?

Subverted by a car company?

Why am I not surprised.
By Thunderhawk
^ - :lol:
By Dave

Duesenberg J Series, Weymann Speedster coach
By em_delarme
Fiat 500 end of story.
even though a friend of mine has a really cool, oh crap i cant remember, but its a really little red two seater. convertible
By sploop!
Yeah - that is cute. The new version is pretty cool, too. Not the bloated mess that is the new Mini, anyway...
By hannu
sploop!

I'm afraid you've been hoodwinked.The new Mini is not a bloated mess, the Cooper S is in fact the dogs bollocks as far as tuggers go.

Various women I've known have driven (& self maintained) 500's from the above model right up to the latest. The latest model is far larger & overweight than it looks.

Anyway, how come you went for the Alpine instead of the Tiger?
By sploop!
Anyway, how come you went for the Alpine instead of the Tiger?

Criteria, I guess. A favourite car might just be judged on looks, or performance or rarity or something - on that basis, I might go for a cobra, or a d-type or something equally exotic. But I appreciate economy as well, which is why little cars like the original mini and Fiat 500 float my boat. High performance cars need a lot of looking after - I kind of assume the Tiger would be more of a pain to own than the Alpine, and expensive to run, so the Alpine gets my vote. In my imaginary world of classic cars, I wouldn't be able to use the extra performance of the Tiger much...

I know a couple of guys have the new Mini - not the Cooper S though. I'm sure its a good car, but it just doesn't do it for me. I think half the problem is that I have had a couple of the original Mini - the last one had a 1300 MG engine in it, twin carbs and stuff, and went like the clappers. The joy is just how small the original mini is. The new one just looks (to my eye) 'fat'.

The new 500 is based on the Panda, isn't it? It should be pretty reliable. You kind of said it for me really - I just like the look of the new 500...
By Erebus
How so?

I'm not quite sure what the exact story was, but apparently the engine was too big or had an illegal device in it which we couldn't take out, so we had to return it. :roll:

Wake me up when you have something to replace it.[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]