How do you feel about Keith Olbermann's demotion? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The guy is moderating debates and giving political coverage, officially endorsing Obama and spending 45 minutes on his show talking about Mccain's "lies" and republican crooks. Does anyone on this forum disagree that Olbermann is a partisan hack? I mean come on, this has nothing to do with one's political affiliation, he is giving liberals a bad name.
By Piano Red
Partisan hack. That's about the sum of things.
By Oddity
Hooray! Olbermann really, really annoys me for some reason. He's the left-wing equivalent of the Fox News neocon blowhards.
By peter_co
Much, much overdue.
For a taste, this was the coverage provided by Olbermann and Mathews of Obama's acceptance speech at the Democratic Convention, in their capacity as co-anchors!

By NYYS
Good, if only we can get him off NBC Football Night as well...
By Nets
Paradigm wrote:Probably for the best. Pundits should remain pundits. News anchors should try to be more objective.

Perfectly said. He isn't anywhere close the level of obnoxious spewed by Hannity or O'Reilly, but he is a partisan pundit none the less. I personally don't think he's that bad, but I certainly see where NBC is coming from on this. There are enough screaming angry men on TV already arguing from a set list of talking points, we don't need them on the nightly news as well.

Edit: Jack Cafferty on CNN is almost as irritating as Hannity or O'Reilly, but he's worlds worse than Matthews or Olberman.
By Abood
He's the liberal reaction to O'Reilly.
By NoRapture
He's the left-wing equivalent of the Fox News neocon blowhards.
He doesn't lie through his teeth every time he opens his mouth. That would immediately remove him from the FOXNEWS category.

One liberal pundit available on all of U.S. commercial broadcast news and you'd think the end of the goddamn world was here all ready. If it weren't for Olbermann we'd still be hunting for WMD and Osama Bin Laden in Iraq. And FOXNEWS would still be reporting that "liberal" inspectors hid them.
By peter_co
Edit: Jack Cafferty on CNN is almost as irritating as Hannity or O'Reilly, but he's worlds worse than Matthews or Olberman.

Indeed, I simply can't understand why CNN still keeps him, especially during their news shows (i.e. the Situation Room). Few pundits have such fanatical love of Obama (which actually says a lot), and the man is quite simply a dick.
By Socerer
I began to think some time back that Olbermann was trying to rip off John Stewart’s act. I like John and am completely disgusted with Olbermann. There is a difference between comedy and hate propaganda. Olbermann is a hate propagandist and akin to Joseph Goebbels. This is not news. He should be removed altogether from being called a journalist. He is not a journalist.
By Steven_K
I think Olbermann and Mathews should stick to the role played by Dobbs, O'Reilly, and Hannity - news commentary. Keep them away from anchoring. Otherwise, I think they are both great.
By Nets
Socerer wrote:Olbermann is a hate propagandist and akin to Joseph Goebbels.

Ummm, that is a bit much, no?

He's annoying, but hardly a Nazi.

Ann Coulter borders on Nazi, but not many others come close.
By Lightman
Olbermann gets on my nerves, though I'll watch him on occassion. He should have never been allowed to anchor; he's a paritsan hack, and his coverage of the primaries was anything but unbiased. As to Matthews, he's alright in my view.
By Socerer
I think Ann Coulter is funny.
By Socerer
I used to like Olbermann a few years ago. Then he tried to get funny and became a bore. Then he turned into a raving nut. I think Olbermann is loosing his mind.
By Socerer
What I don’t get is Mathews. Mathews used to kiss John McCain’s butt. What happened there?
By Todd D.
I think Olbermann and Mathews should stick to the role played by Dobbs, O'Reilly, and Hannity - news commentary. Keep them away from anchoring.

This. Very good commentators, even if I disagree with Olbermann a lot, but they shouldn't be anchors if they can't keep their bias in check when reporting the news.
By Zyx
What? Olbermann was demoted?!?

Also, welcome to the 21st century, people. Times change and so does journalism; although, it likely is reverting. This is what happens in a time of division.

And to wit, Olbermann does not report the news, he reports on politics and if someone wanted raw politics then that someone can go to C-SPAN. If someone wanted Olbermann to just repeat C-SPAN then seriously that someone needs to change the channel to C-SPAN or use the internet and look up these sort of issues.
By thejoker
That is an absurd statement, Kumatto. Being a partisan hack is fine during your own commentary show, but during debates and as anchor covering the election for the station, one absolutely needs to keep their personal opinions in check and be objective. As a result of his coverage, MSNBC sunk last into the ratings and became the laughing stock of the media.

@Tainari88 , @Godstud @Rich , @Verv , @Po[…]

Blah blah. If Russia uses nukes, the rest of the […]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]