Boy fatally shot trick-or-treating - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Abood
Verv, while I agree that that's not an argument to ban guns, I think your logic has a hole in it.

If a boy saw a man approaching with a knife, it'd be more likely that he'd be able to run before the man comes close enough to stab him. A man with a gun can pull the trigger as soon as the boy sees him.
By hadzo
This is sad :*( , makes me so angry – this man does not deserve to live another min. in this world. If I were one of the police officers that were there first I’d shoot him and say he drew a pistol at me …

No, I don’t think that gun control lows would have changed anything in this case …

Does anyone even know if the murder weapon was a registered weapon?

My point is that even if gun lows are implemented, lets face it there are way to many guns in the world to keep a psycho like this at bay. He’d just grab one of the street/ no?
By Galoredk
That is what happens if youre tresspassing! serves them right. :eh:
By Decky
Something else that could have possibly been prevented under my gun control concepts.

One day, the world will bow.

Most of the world has already bowed. It's just backwards third world countrys like the U.S.A. that are persisting with alowing civilians to have more firepower than the military.
By Quercus Robur
If you think you can solve the issues of violence by banning violent tools you are naive and do not take very deep look into things.
well we could make weapons less effective or solve people's problems

which one is cheaper? :)
By Sniperwolfe
The guy was a convicted felon and obtained/held the firearm illegally...

He was also robbed previously by two men in masks.
By Infidelis
Most of the world has already bowed. It's just backwards third world countrys like the U.S.A. that are persisting with alowing civilians to have more firepower than the military.

More than the military? Exaggerate much? :eh:
By Roland
Of course that isn't an exaggeration. It's not like our military has nuclear weapons or anything like that, we're not one of those evil countries like North Korea that build those horrible horrible nukes!

Puffer Fish, as a senior (and olde) member of this[…]

1 The great settlement withdrawal that Israelis […]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]

I (still) have a dream

...Kids don't need to drive anywhere to play with[…]