Barak orders dstruction of Jerusa terrorists' families homes - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By sploop!
Granted, I think that before giving them whatever land, we should make sure it is impossible to live off of it (salt it, use anthrax, etc), and after withdrawing, bomb the shit out of them for every little transgression.

Poisonous. Stupid. And the best argument yet for wiping Israel off the map forever.

What is the matter with you, War Angel? it's like you and some of your buddies want to see Israel fail.
By War Angel
Poisonous. Stupid. And the best argument yet for wiping Israel off the map forever.

How is one man's opinion a good argument for the murder of millions? :hmm:

What is the matter with you, War Angel? it's like you and some of your buddies want to see Israel fail.

I want Israel to stop acting like a little beat-up bitch. We are strong enough to have things go OUR way, and we should start forging our own destiny.
By Donna
Ahhh--pffft! That couldn't be farther from the truth, Donald. Really - the only reasons you don't hear about the West Bank so much, is because the Israeli military's presence there is so effective (Unit Duvdevan and others like it) and there's a big friggin' WALL. That's it - they are not more orderly, loving or accepting. Terrorists are caught daily.

There are several points here I would like to make. The West Bank security barrier is just under 60% complete. The exact effect of the barrier is currently speculative until it is fully functional, and construction hasn't even commenced on over a quarter of the remaining line. As Nets previously mentioned, there is active cooperation between Palestinian and Israeli security. Six weeks ago the PA launched its first encompassing crackdown on Hamas militants in Hevron, a climatic operation using intel shared by Israel and intelligence collected over eight months from smaller raids on militants by the PA.

As for giving territory - I really don't like the idea, but I also don't see another solution. Granted, I think that before giving them whatever land, we should make sure it is impossible to live off of it (salt it, use anthrax, etc), and after withdrawing, bomb the shit out of them for every little transgression. A Qassam\Mortat hits Israel proper? Erase a village. After a while, not long hopefully, they would be either totally submissive and bugger the hell away, or be gone from existence as a whole. Then, we can either march back in, or not - whatever we decide.

I don't think they'll go away.. I mean, they came from all over to begin with.
By War Angel
The West Bank security barrier is just under 60% complete.

Yes, but in many key areas, it means they have to around it - very difficult. It also means that moving ordinance from one settlement to another has become very difficult as well. Coordinating attacks is difficult in the West Bank.

there is active cooperation between Palestinian and Israeli security.

On official matters, yes. But they also aid terrorists 'under the table'.

Six weeks ago the PA launched its first encompassing crackdown on Hamas militants in Hevron,

They are two opposing political entities - of-course they'd crack down on them.

I don't think they'll go away.. I mean, they came from all over to begin with.

They can also perish, I don't care. I just don't want to have to deal with them anymore.
By sploop!
How is one man's opinion a good argument for the murder of millions?

Actually, War Angel, you know the answer to that.

But Hitler aside, if the opinion you express is held by even 10% of your fellows, then Israel will never find peace, and you really are screwed.

I want Israel to stop acting like a little beat-up bitch.

And I would like to see Israel stop the bullying tactics. Strange, isn't it, that the same sad situation can be seen in two completely contradictory ways?
By Donna
WA wrote:On official matters, yes. But they also aid terrorists 'under the table'.

WA wrote:They are two opposing political entities - of-course they'd crack down on them.

These two sentences don't really relate. There aren't any militant Palestinian factions that do not associate closely with Hamas. It does not make sense that the PA/Fatah would assist their own internal enemies.

They can also perish, I don't care. I just don't want to have to deal with them anymore.

This is how a grunt views the greatest challenge of his nation, not a statesman.
By RonPaulalways
Israel is not a nation founded on laws. It is a tribalist nation founded on thuggery.
By War Angel
And I would like to see Israel stop the bullying tactics. Strange, isn't it, that the same sad situation can be seen in two completely contradictory ways?

Yes, but your opinion doesn't really matter - you're not Israeli, you don't live here, and you're of no consequence when making decisions regarding this conflict. :)

There aren't any militant Palestinian factions that do not associate closely with Hamas.

There are, but that's not the point. A terrorist doesn't have to belong to a faction, per ce, and Fatah's men are just people. They are bound to 'slip', as it were, and help their own once in a while, even if officially, they're not supposed to. Even if it's not active help, they can still house them and cover up their actions.

This is how a grunt views the greatest challenge of his nation, not a statesman.

If by 'grunt' you mean 'a person who is actively affected and cares' and by 'statesman' you mean 'a lofty person who is not in close relations with anything and will not suffer the consequences of his stately decisions', then yeah, that's about right. :)
By sploop!
Yes, but your opinion doesn't really matter - you're not Israeli, you don't live here, and you're of no consequence when making decisions regarding this conflict.

Absolutely. But your opinion does matter, and that's the troubling thing. Your opinion will see your country destroyed - still, your funeral.
By Bosnjak
@Nets

Arabs is a Term like Europeans... but they are different Nations, allthough they speak the same language.

I would say that an Palestinian nation exists. The Ethnogenesis happened 1948.

Israel is unpossible to conquer but Jews are leavig Israel, and constant small attacks over decades will force more to leave, because Jews can expect a better life in USA or Europe.

The Palestinians and Lebanese are showing a stronger spirit to fight even to the death. Such Fanatism was seldom seen in last history.
By Nattering Nabob
Barak orders dstruction of Jerusa terrorists' families homes

If there is any evidence that this tactic is working to lower incidents of violence it should be used...

In times of war some laws and norms are suspended...
By War Angel
If there is any evidence that this tactic is working to lower incidents of violence it should be used...

I'm not sure. Maybe, maybe not... doesn't hurt to try. :)

Aye - which is why I've said what I've said. As long as it prevents the destruction of my country and protects it, I'm for it. Little else matters, especially not the welfare of my enemy.

Absolutely. But your opinion does matter, and that's the troubling thing. Your opinion will see your country destroyed - still, your funeral.

Haha, as if you care so much. :lol: If you truly thought my stance would be the end of Israel and the Jewish people, you'd support it whole-heartedly.
By Oxymoron
A few points I agree Nets that the Fatah has been more cooperative and are trying to work with the Israelis, but you are missing the part where Gaza is controlled by Hamas. A group which was elected by the majority of Palestinians a group that calls for the destruction of Israel and only promises a 10 year truce in exchange for land not a full fledge peace deal. I dont see a peace deal with out the Palestinians having a unified position and goverment which would then renounce terror and recognize Israel. Then and only then should Israel even think about moving ahead with any land exchanges. Israel has existed for 6 decades I dont see any reason that they should panic and give into the Palestinians without certain conditions being met.
By sploop!

Hopefully you won't whinge then, when some horrific act of terrorism is unleashed on you and your country-folk? After all, it was you who gave the enemy the green light to do whatever they want.

This is utter idiocy.

Haha, as if you care so much. If you truly thought my stance would be the end of Israel and the Jewish people, you'd support it whole-heartedly.

To be honest War Angel, I lost the ability to care what happens to your grubby little country a long time ago. But that doesn't mean I have lost interest. You see, whilst you and your countrymen are busy making life miserable for a bunch of people whose only crime is to have a roof over their head, there will always be people like me taking an interest. As it happens, I seriously do think that behaving like savages is the surest way to see your country dismantled. Bit by bit, you are digging your own graves.
By Sephardi
Maybe you should visit Israel when they are not getting bombed by Hamas and see how "bad" it really is for them. They are, like blacks in the US, or Canada. As in they get these "minority rights" and more people are forced to hire them after a peace treaty.

Arabs is a Term like Europeans... but they are different Nations, allthough they speak the same language.

I would say that an Palestinian nation exists. The Ethnogenesis happened 1948.

Israel is unpossible to conquer but Jews are leavig Israel, and constant small attacks over decades will force more to leave, because Jews can expect a better life in USA or Europe.

The Palestinians and Lebanese are showing a stronger spirit to fight even to the death. Such Fanatism was seldom seen in last history.

Yes that is a good question. How? How do you kill somebody who wants to die? The Japanese were a little bit like this but Uncle Sam stopped them. We need to find a way.
Last edited by Sephardi on 06 Dec 2008 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
By Sephardi
Double posted sorry. Delete.
By sploop!
Please!

Maybe you should visit Gaza, and see just how bad Israel has made life for the people living there?

It's very difficult to feel any sympathy for a state that engages in evil as policy. Really. Go to Gaza, then you can talk about racism with a bit of authority.
By Sephardi
Please!

Maybe you should visit Gaza, and see just how bad Israel has made life for the people living there?

It's very difficult to feel any sympathy for a state that engages in evil as policy. Really. Go to Gaza, then you can talk about racism with a bit of authority.

Please!

Maybe you should visit Saudi Arabia, and see how bad the police and the government have made life for the people living there.

It's very difficult to feel any sympathy for a state that engages in evil as policy. Really. Go to Saudi Arabia, then you can talk about racism with a bit of authority.

Please!

Maybe you should visit Iraq, and see how bad the sunnis and shias are fighting.

It's very difficult to feel any sympathy for a whole people that engage in evil as policy. Really. Go to Iraq, then you can talk about racism with a bit of authority.

Please!

Maybe you should visit Lebanon, and see how bad the Muslims are making life for the Christians.

It's very difficult to feel any sympathy for a state that engages in evil as policy. Really. Go to Lebanon, then you can talk about racism with a bit of authority.

Please!

Maybe you should visit Iran, and see how bad the Social Conservative Party, the ruling party, is making life for people.

It's very difficult to feel any sympathy for a state that engages in evil as policy. Really. Go to Tehran, then you can talk about racism with a bit of authority.

Please!

Maybe you should visit Pakistan, and see how the bad the terrorists and the civil wars are, and see how bad they attack India and Hindus all the time.

It's very difficult to feel any sympathy for a state that engages in evil as policy. Really. Go to Islamabad (that name made me laugh), then you can talk about racism with a bit of authority.

Please!

Maybe you should visit GAZA, and see what happened to these people when they decided to mess with Israel, instead of India, or the US, and see how they are living their lives now.
By sploop!
Please!

Maybe you should visit GAZA, and see what happened to these people when they decided to mess with Israel, instead of India, or the US, and see how they are living their lives now.

Collective Punishment.
By Andres
Nets wrote:These escapades in Hevron have been the last straw for me; fuck the settlements, fuck the settlers. This is not how Jews act.
Does this mean that one can make generalizations as to how Jews do act? Qatz is going to be interested, although it's not like he ever needed your permission to do this before. It's also surprising that it took you all this time to reach the conclusion that the settlers do not 'act like Jews', since the settlers have been causing problems for decades.

One more question, Nets, when Jews do act like Jews, do they communicate through the use of strawman arguments and other non sequiturs, or are some Jews on this forum not acting like Jews?

Israel itself provided proof, including footage an[…]

This is largely history repeating itself . Similar[…]

@FiveofSwords Genes are heritable but phenotyp[…]

@late The best response to a far Right like a Na[…]