Conflict in Gaza Deepens as Israel Retaliates - Page 44 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Dempsey
I don't think anybody here has even bothered to use any French tv network as a source to make something out of it.

:?:
By Maas
Um the highlighted portion of my post clearly says Hamas was using the school to fire mortars at the IDF.

which is still not the same as Hamas putting people at some place like you used in your example where the IDF placed people in some place.
By Oxymoron
which is still not the same as Hamas putting people at some place like you used in your example where the IDF placed people in some place.

"If the mountain wont come to Muhammed, then Muhammed goes to the Mountain"
By fanfarecircuit
now israel has hit a u.n. run school because hamas rockets were being launched from the building? right. sure.

:(

my level of anger towards the israeli government increases by the minute. i wonder what the result of this crime will be on the american people in the long run???
Last edited by fanfarecircuit on 06 Jan 2009 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
By Oxymoron
my level of anger towards the israeli government increases by the minute.

Oh no, now Israel in trouble! FanFar is angry.

(I didnt like you before you got angry either)
:p
By skinster
According to Oxymoron's news article -the IDF said Hamas was in the school so...I guess Hamas were in the school :roll:
By guzzipat

Um the highlighted portion of my post clearly says Hamas was using the school to fire mortars at the IDF.

There is no evidence for that apart from an IDF statement. Anyone who believes either side is telling the whole truth is either niave or totally biased.
In either case such posts are worthless.
By Maas
"If the mountain wont come to Muhammed, then Muhammed goes to the Mountain"

It's not the mountains fault that it's get's approachd by Muhammed, nor is it Muhammed that put the mountain there to walk to, now is it? :roll:
By fanfarecircuit
@moron

your attitude towards the death of hundreds is apalling, your faith in israel's ambitions is frightening and your trust in government in general is pure stupidity.

try not to think you are somehow above me because you spew worthless rhetoric while your buddies murder innocent civilians.
By sploop!
The IDF issued a statement saying the school grounds were used by terrorists to fire mortar shells at the troops.

Does it actually matter?

The school is, well, it's a school - no surprise that it has children in it. It's a UN school, so it has some UN personnel in there too. And it is being used as a shelter - the UN have given the exact co-ordinates to Israel.

So, given all this, given the obvious fact that to retaliate against these alleged militants firing from that location would also inevitably kill a huge number of children and non-combatants, why is it so necessary to deal with the situation in the way it was dealt with?

I can only conclude that the IDF is so keen to kill the resistance fighters, that it really doesn't care if other people are going to get hurt. What other reason could there be?

another story about this incident
By noemon
War Angel wrote:I'm always ambivalent, in these matters... on the one hand, he's a self-hating, delirious Jew and has a warped vision of reality. On the other hand, he is lead by his conscience, and I enjoy the same freedom that he does, expressing his opinions.

He lives in la-la-land, no doubt, completely detached from everything that's happening.. but that's his right, I suppose.

War Angel, bad-mouthing his co-national, for saying that Israel should talk to Hamas, and try to reach a solution, for calling for the violence to stop,and for saying that currently the Arab initiative is favorable for peace talks for the past years.

On a similar rant like the one of Ter's, the basic assumption of Israeli myth is retorted:

Ter wrote:Correct. One cannot negotiate with an organization that denies your right to exist and uses violence against your citizens

And I ask, why do you expect from Hamas under the present circumstances to recognize the Israeli government as valid?

Does Israel recognize the democratically elected Palestinian government as valid? No, it does not.

Why do you expect from the so-called "terrorists" to have a charter more courteous than yours?

But lets continue, the Hamas charter calls from the abolition of the Israeli government, and the institution of an Arabic government with equal rights for Muslims and Jews of all Palestine.

Do you give the right of return to Palestinians? No you dont.

In effect the Hamas government is more talkable than the Israeli government, and at it stands it is ready to concede, the right of Jews to live alongside Muslims under her government. A courtesy not given back by Israel.

Hence, it is simply a matter of fact, that Hamas' position is more courteous than the one of Israel's in regards to the relations between each other.

So, where exactly is the high-horse?

And ofc Ter, Israeli violence towards Palestinians goes without saying. So, both parameters of your sentence are fulfilled by Israel as well.

Going to pre-1967 borders, is something that hails the support of the Arab world, something which will satisfy Hamas, and has expressed so publicly. So your fantasies, that Hamas is not the one to talk, are just that, a well-crafted myth to avoid settlement and continue the occupation in the hopes of grabbing more land for settlers. It is only Israel that does not want the peace deal, while it keeps ranting that it is only Israel that wants peace, when Israel knows exactly what that entails, the return to pre-1967 borders which most Jews allegedly support, but somehow the Israeli government fails to find anyone to discuss it with.

And lastly, saying that your foe is not the one to talk to, then who is if not the very foe?

It is as stupid as saying, i divorce my wife, and take her friend to court for our marital settlement. One has got to have psychological issues to find that sane enough, to assert it time and time again.
By skinster
The Israeli PM's spokesman was just on Newsnight. He now claims the two terrorists the IDF were aiming for (inside the school), their bodies had now "vanished". How convenient :?:

Asked - second Israeli spokesperson I've seen talk today re: this attack - if an independent inquiry would take place. He dodged the question and started blaming Hamas for the death of civilians the IDF kills.

It's just insane how much bullshit is coming from the Israeli government, how much it expects people to eat. It reminds me of this famous quote:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
By noemon
Skinster i think you missed it before, when Dempsey reported the incident, he/she(?) blamed Hamas for using the school to fire mortars by quoting a youtube video from 2 years ago, and when Dempsey saw that the video was from 2 years ago, he/she(?) said that he/she(?) had found the video in the IDF website.

Apparently the IDF, has cited as evidence a youtube video from 2007, that this school housed terrorists. You dont need any more proof than that to realize on what sort of evidence, these excuses are based. And the IDF even published this as evidence. :D This only tells us how dum the IDF actually finds the Western and her own public opinion to be, much like War Angel with his other youtube "evidence".
By Noelnada
We should all work relentlessly together in order to expose the circles working into the shadows to suppress the legitimate aspirations of the Palestinian people.
By ThereBeDragons
Taliban deliberately target school; kill 14 children

War Angel wrote:Hell - we cancelled top-priority operations, whose cancallations cost us LIVES, because there was even a minor risk of harming civilians. Israeli doctrine in these matters is fucking pussy.

No - those buildings are never directly targeted, no matter what, even if the entire Hamas army resided there.

Hmm...

In any case, I presume everybody involved in the above thread responded with healthy shock and horror, as well as contempt for the evil, amoral, heartless terrorists willing to kill innocent school-children in order to strike at their enemies.

And yet when Israel targets an enemy center of operations that happens to be a, you know, fucking school, it becomes A-OK because Israel is good and Hamas is bad. This makes no goddamn sense whatsoever. If you're willing to defend this, what war crimes aren't you willing to defend? If they're found guilty of torturing prisoners or executing them en masse, will you still be cheering them on? What does Israel have to do to discredit itself in your eyes?
By Ter
Noemon:
But lets continue, the Hamas charter calls from the abolition of the Israeli government, and the institution of an Arabic government with equal rights for Muslims and Jews of all Palestine.

It calls for the abolution of the Israeli State, not the government.
It calls for the establishment of an Islamic regime. There will be no equal rights for non-Muslims.

Ter
By Dempsey
noemon

Skinster i think you missed it before, when Dempsey reported the incident, he/she(?) blamed Hamas for using the school to fire mortars by quoting a youtube video from 2 years ago, and when Dempsey saw that the video was from 2 years ago, he/she(?) said that he/she(?) had found the video in the IDF website.

What noemon said. I thought all the vids in the brand new IDF YouTube channel are fresh. Didn't notice the date when pick it
By Truth-a-naut
The only way to really end this war is to have every Jew convert to Islam. No one has a problem with Muslims killing each other.
By Douglas
Civilian casualties are a by-product of modern warfare even more so in an urban environment.

And let's not forget the tactics we used during the Gulf War during the air campaign. This is not unusual or brutal, it is the nature of war.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]

NOVA SCOTIA (New Scotland, 18th Century) No fu[…]

If people have that impression then they're just […]