'Obama declares Jewish American Heritage Month' - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

JTA wrote:WASHINGTON (JTA) -- President Obama declared May to be Jewish American Heritage Month.

In a proclamation signed Tuesday, Obama writes that the Jewish American tradition "exemplifies the strength of the American immigrant tradition" and that "the focus on preserving traditions is a notable characteristic of Jewish culture."

"Jewish Americans have immeasurably enriched our Nation," the proclamation states. "Unyielding in the face of hardship and tenacious in following their dreams, Jewish Americans have surmounted the challenges that every immigrant group faces and have made unparalleled contributions."

"Among the greatest contributions of the Jewish American community," it continues, "is the example they have set for all Americans. They have demonstrated that Americans can choose to maintain cultural traditions while honoring the principles and beliefs that bind them together as Americans. Jewish-American history demonstrates how America's diversity enriches and strengthens us all."

This is the fourth year a U.S. president has proclaimed May as Jewish American Heritage Month. The U.S. House of Representatives and Senate, spearheaded by Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schutz (D-Fla.), passed resolutions urging that the month honor the contributions of Jewish Americans to the United States.
source

Not the only source but the first one to show up on google news. I am glad to hear this news. Jewish Americans deserve recognition for their contributions to America. Woody Allen, Bob Dylan, Gloria Steinem, Betty Friedan, Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, etc.
By Truth-a-naut
Oh God. First he cancels national prayer day and now this.

A closet Muslim and a closet Jew?! America is doomed.
By Sephardi
I guess he's trying to change the mind of some hard-line Jews who say he's nothing but a Commie Terrorist.

But seriously, do you think this will be celebrated as much as Black History Month? Not even close, most people wouldn't even know May was Jewish Heritage Month.
By Varax
Great, pretty soon every month will be heritage month for some group. Except for whites of course. In fact May is already Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month and Older Americans Month. How many people actually pay attention to this stuff anymore?
By Holding
But seriously, do you think this will be celebrated as much as Black History Month? Not even close, most people wouldn't even know May was Jewish Heritage Month.

There's a Black History Month?

I'll be celebrating Victorianism this month, myself, on Victoria Day.
By Aekos
Great, pretty soon every month will be heritage month for some group. Except for whites of course.

Most Jews are white...And if you're talking about Germanic Americans, their history here is such a large part of the history of this nation that it doesn't need to be overstated with a "heritage month."
By Varax
Aekos wrote:Most Jews are white...And if you're talking about Germanic Americans, their history here is such a large part of the history of this nation that it doesn't need to be overstated with a "heritage month."

I’m aware of that… I was merely pointing out the flawed logic here behind these "heritage months" which it seems pretty much every minority gets these days for practically every month yet doesn’t really mean much of anything. And if the goal was really just to recognize how much a group "enriches our nation" then that would be a great reason for Germanic Americans to get one as well. Not that I think there should be one for that either, my point is I don’t think it makes sense for any group. We have so many that they now overlap and are done to death. It’s just a bunch of feel-good nonsense.
Last edited by Varax on 14 May 2009 06:12, edited 1 time in total.
By R_G
Didn't Bush already declare this last three years?

Anyway I won't acknowledge it just like I don't acknowledge black history month.
By QatzelOk
Didn't the first black president boycott the world racism conference a few weeks ago?

And now he's promoting the killers of Gaza and South Lebanon?

Whatever happened to "I have a dream?" Did it get bought out by "I have an agent?"
By Captain Sam
I guess he's trying to change the mind of some hard-line Jews who say he's nothing but a Commie Terrorist.

Jews overwhelming voted for Obama.

The entire idea of having an ethnic history month is just stupid. Black history month should be abolished because it's just so pointless. Enacting this Jewish history month is equally as stupid.

No more ethnic history months. No one gives a shit and no one wants to deal with an entire month of repeats on the History channel.

Didn't the first black president boycott the world racism conference a few weeks ago?

Whatever happened to "I have a dream?" Did it get bought out by "I have an agent?"

God dammit Qatz...
Quit trying to bring up how evil you think the Jews are in every damn thread.
By Le Rouge

:?: I didn't know all Jews were right-wing Zionists.
By Ter
QatzelOk wrote:Didn't the first black president boycott the world racism conference a few weeks ago?

Yes he did, what a joke ! And he is not black, his Mom is white like milk.

QatzelOk wrote:And now he's promoting the killers of Gaza and South Lebanon?

They were practicing legitimate defense, Qatz, in response to terror.

QatzelOk wrote:Whatever happened to "I have a dream?"

That guy got shot, don't you read the newspapers ?

Ter
By Oxymoron
Jews were right-wing Zionists.

I didnt kill anyone.

:D

In any case that is a positive move in my opinion, Rahm has done a good job pulling the strings :muha1: :muha2: .

I just hope they stop counting me as having Ukrainian ancestry in the census.
By QatzelOk
I wasn't aware that all Jewish Americans were killers

All of this could be construed as being aimed at controlling a less wealthy population (as if they were slaves.)

That's probably one of the advantages of having a "we were slaves once" mythology. It protects you from the guilt you would normally feel from denying others the pursuit of happiness.

One whole month of celebration!
Last edited by QatzelOk on 14 May 2009 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
By NYYS
enjoy your time off Qatz

Anyway, this is stupid. Do we really need a month for everything? I thought the idea of multiculturalism was a "melting pot," we're apparently more interested in dividing people along whatever lines we can.
By QatzelOk
enjoy your time off Qatz

My time off?

This memorial month is like "White Pride Month." It "celebrates" the power of a hegemonic group that has been maintained through media and imposed guilt.

This isn't the same thing as "Black History Month" which might remind everyone of the awful conditions that slave-owners imposed on their human machines.
By Zyx
I am sickened by this gesture of Obama.

As to White pride, you have your Kolumbus Day.

Graphic-- [youtube]f6DVGygFp-8[/youtube]

Obama formally extended this day into a month, despite it being an informal, quotidian celebration!

As to comments here, Kirillov's are most disgusting.
By Sephardi
I wasn't aware that all Jewish Americans were killers, you anti-Semitic streak of manure.

Agreed with this.

I am sickened by this gesture of Obama.

Read above.
By QatzelOk
Donald, seeing potential fuel for his own victimhood, wrote:What about Leo Frank, Qatz?

Never mind Qatz. Let's ask Wikipedia.
Wiki wrote:The manager of a pencil factory in Atlanta, Georgia, Frank was convicted in the rape and murder of a pencil-factory worker, 13-year-old Mary Phagan.

So he sounds like another Dreyfuss/OJ Simpson - a local celebrity who thought himself above the law, and got away with a horrible crime.

NYSUX wrote:...we're apparently more interested in dividing people along whatever lines we can.

Not "we." Our elites like dividing us up to conquer us, and many of these elites see themselves as either Jewish (chosen) or Aryan (blue blood). Racism mainly serves the empowerment of this elite.

So let's celebrate!
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

... rape ... You have mentionned "rape&quo[…]

The importance of out-breeding

DOG BREEDING https://external-content.[…]

Who needs a wall? We have all those land mines ju[…]

Puffer Fish, as a senior (and olde) member of this[…]