Will Belgium dissolve? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Do you think Belgium will dissolve within the next few decades?

Yes
47%
No
43%
Other
10%
By Aekos
With the tensions between Wallonia and Flanders still high, do you think that Belgium will dissolve as a state within the next few decades? I didn't include other options like "Yes, Flanders joins the Netherlands and Wallonia joins France," etc. for simplicity.
By Noelnada
I don't care, as long as Bruxelles région-capitale stays independent from Flanders.
By Noelnada
[quote]Are you French?/quote]

No, Belgian from Bruxelles.
By Nets
I hope so.
By joebobby
There are many factors that each have a slight effect that keeps the country together. When you pool all those factors in, I don't really think something like this is going to happen. The first thing that comes into mind is the Brussels question obviously. Nah... we won't dissolve :p

By the way, most of the yes votes just feel like it's from people who actually "hope" that such a thing would happen (Nets was very honest with it, so thanks). With all due respect why do people want to see something like this happen when it has absolutely nothing to do with them? :?:
By R_G
Dissolve into two even less significant countries?

Really?

So Europe can have like 3 Luxembourgs?

Wait, no, Luxembourg is a fine nation, two small Belgiums would be like two Moldovas.

Not to mention one of the countries would undoubtedly be a muslim nation, yeah that's what we need more in Europe, more Kosovos. :roll:
By Aekos
With all due respect why do people want to see something like this happen when it has absolutely nothing to do with them?

Freedom for the Flemish.
By Einherjar
I hope to see a civil war erupting and the capital of 'Europe' demolished in the process.
By Captain Sam
No, I don't think Belgium will dissolve.
In the unlikely chance that it does though, I hope Bruxelles becomes its own independent sovereign nation (City-state). Bruxelles is pretty much the capital of Europe.

I hope to see a civil war erupting and the capital of 'Europe' demolished in the process.

Wtf?
By Ter
Yes, it is going to happen.
Flanders, if independent, would be the fourth richest country in Europe.
Brussels will get some kind of special status.

Ter
By Nattering Nabob

It would be like a slap fight between two grade school girls... :lol:
By Igor Antunov
It would be like a slap fight between two grade school girls...

Like world wars 1 and 2 were?
By Mazhi
No

Very nice.
By Evald
I guess, dissolving will benefit both sides. And Brussels may get a special status, having remained something like the captal of EU.
By Nattering Nabob
Like world wars 1 and 2 were?

I didn't know that Belgium was that critical to European stability... :eek:
By Mazhi
It's like our DC, only with less crime and more pot.

:hmm:

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]