Politics Forum.org | The international political discussion forum.
Your PostsActive Topics  | Display:DesktopMobile
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Where do UFOs (flying saucers) come from?

[+-]
7% Corrupt
Political cogitations: 151
Ideology: None
7% Corrupt
Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:16 pm
Please choose the answer you most favour.

Let us limit the discussion to the best authenticated cases.

I am very doubtful that humans have been in contact with extraterrestrials, but I am open to persuasion.

I believe that if flying saucers are real, they probably do not originate from within our universe, since they defy the laws of physics. We would have to seek some other explanation.
Red Card
Political cogitations: 3441
Ideology: Other
Red Card
Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:53 am
I would of voted other. The only logical explanation for Unidentified flying objects... Consider the following

-John Titor. or other more advanced time travelers

-Phineas Gage, manifesting image for illusion

-Last guild of Nazi's taking their ol' crafts for a spin from Antarctica

Take your pick for other reasons. I'm sure not one will convince you
For tribal man space was the uncontrollable mystery. For technological man it is time that occupies the same role
We seek to hide in the imbecilic bebop moment, as the tribesman hid in the squat spatial unit
Eye naught nigh naive
Absolutely Corrupt
Political cogitations: 2097
Ideology: Fascist
Absolutely Corrupt
Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:25 pm
Even in the best authenticated cases, flying saucers are misidentified natural phenomena, man-made aircraft, hoaxes, visual hallucinations, &c
Willing Destruction
Absolutely Corrupt (x10)
Political cogitations: 20080
Ideology: Communist
Absolutely Corrupt (x10)
Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:30 am
Quote:
Even in the best authenticated cases, flying saucers are misidentified natural phenomena, man-made aircraft, hoaxes, visual hallucinations, &c

I've known people to make hoaxes. We vastly underestimate the power of suggestion-I've known people in situations where a group of gawking people looking at a UFO and trying to explain what else this metallic thing hovering in the sky could possibly be. Someone else joined and asked why everyone was staring at a crane.

Finally, UFOs are notoriously sighted around top secret Air Force bases. The fact people can't explain why secret aircraft would be around secret aircraft storage units is depressing.
Alis Volat Propriis; Tiocfaidh ár lá; Proletarier Aller Länder, Vereinigt Euch!
[+-]
7% Corrupt
Political cogitations: 151
7% Corrupt
Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:54 am
Section Leader wrote:

I think the most rational position is that of open-minded scepticism. Given that they defy the laws of physics, they cannot originate from within known universe, but it seems premature to dismiss even the best authenticated cases as misidentified natural phenomena, man-made aircraft, hoaxes, or visual hallucinations.
13% Corrupt
Political cogitations: 268
13% Corrupt
Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:55 pm
Wolke wrote:
they defy the laws of physics.

First, they do not defy the laws of physics. We just do not have the materials necessary to create one.
Monopoles, which were created at the moment of the big bang, have only one magnetic pole. Their existence is well established in physics, but they are extremely rare, because of the vastness of the universe. if one created a magnetic net across a wide area (something within the ability of a type III civilization,) relic monopoles could be gathered to create UFOs such described by the most plausible sources.
You see, Mebbekew, satire is fun until the dart strikes at home. -Nafai, The Memory of Earth
Red Card
Political cogitations: 230
Red Card
Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:43 am
I believe they come from black budget military programs. The extraterrestrial angle is fun to think about, but I doubt a sentient species is traveling across the galaxy just to do some trippy air shows and observe humans.
13% Corrupt
13% Corrupt
Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:30 pm
Red_Bull wrote:
The extraterrestrial angle is fun to think about, but I doubt a sentient species is traveling across the galaxy just to do some trippy air shows and observe humans.

So an extraterrestrial species travels across the galaxy, finds another sentient species, and they WOULD NOT want to observe it? Unbelievible.
You see, Mebbekew, satire is fun until the dart strikes at home. -Nafai, The Memory of Earth
Red Card
Political cogitations: 230
Red Card
Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:45 am
Quote:
So an extraterrestrial species travels across the galaxy, finds another sentient species, and they WOULD NOT want to observe it? Unbelievible.

Your arrogance as a human forces you to think we're worth observing. That wasn't really the point I was making. I'm trying to say the black project angle is more likely than aliens.
Absolutely Corrupt
Political cogitations: 3457
Ideology: Conservative
Absolutely Corrupt
Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:52 am
We wouldn't know the mentality or rationale of an alien species that is advanced enough to travel to our solar system.

On topic the US airforce did catalogue and try to explain every case of UFO's reported in the US (Project Blue Book) and even they aknowledged a small perentage of cases that they couldn't explain.
- печаль моя светла

- Алекса́ндр Серге́евич Пу́шкин
[+-]
Political cogitations: 6208
Unperson
Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:25 am

Could you have a civil face to face conversation with a two hundred
pound critter that has this general appearance? And what makes
anyone think that their motivations would understandable by us?

But as to where do UFOs (flying saucers) come from I would say most of the come out of a bottle, a baggie full of powerful weed, flights of fancy caused by psychedelic drugs or mental illness, unexplained natural aerial phenomenon, the misidentification of terrestrial aircraft and from the minds of hoaxsters.
KMA
Absolutely Corrupt
Absolutely Corrupt
Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:41 am
UFO's dont necessarily come from space. Assuming they are aliens ofcourse. During the cold war there was a pretty well known (at least in the USSR) underwater phenomenon in the military known as Kvakers (or Quackers because of the quack sound they made on the sonar) These got more and more common towards the end of the Cold War, the Admiral of the soviet Pacific fleet got so tired of hearing about this and got on a sub himself and after a few miles the sonar detected hundreds of these things and they moved much faster than any known submarine. Apparently both sides suspected that these where some sort of weapon and the US staged an entire operation to capture one around the North Atlantic Ocean near Norway, the US sub commander tried to ram one and the sub was destoryed
with no evidence of the Kvaker near the debris. During the 90's all Kvaker activity in the oceans just stopped. I'm not making this shit up btw there is witness testimony by very very high ranking military officials. Scary shit eh?
- печаль моя светла

13% Corrupt
13% Corrupt
Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:51 pm
Holy Shit
Red Card
Political cogitations: 3441
Red Card
Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:38 am
Quote:
I would say most of the come out of a bottle, a baggie full of powerful weed

Shit, I should be reporting sightings every day.
For tribal man space was the uncontrollable mystery. For technological man it is time that occupies the same role
We seek to hide in the imbecilic bebop moment, as the tribesman hid in the squat spatial unit
Eye naught nigh naive
30% Corrupt
Political cogitations: 602
30% Corrupt
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:12 am
The ID. Please excuse the one liner.
Cue sanctimonious do-gooders, stage left!
Political cogitations: 3611
Unperson
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:44 am
Travesty wrote:
UFO's dont necessarily come from space. Assuming they are aliens ofcourse. During the cold war there was a pretty well known (at least in the USSR) underwater phenomenon in the military known as Kvakers (or Quackers because of the quack sound they made on the sonar) These got more and more common towards the end of the Cold War, the Admiral of the soviet Pacific fleet got so tired of hearing about this and got on a sub himself and after a few miles the sonar detected hundreds of these things and they moved much faster than any known submarine. Apparently both sides suspected that these where some sort of weapon and the US staged an entire operation to capture one around the North Atlantic Ocean near Norway, the US sub commander tried to ram one and the sub was destoryed
with no evidence of the Kvaker near the debris. During the 90's all Kvaker activity in the oceans just stopped. I'm not making this shit up btw there is witness testimony by very very high ranking military officials. Scary shit eh?

And thus someone finally gives me the origin of the US fights with sea Vril story i heard years ago. Thank you
Absolutely Corrupt
Absolutely Corrupt
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:41 pm
Quote:
And thus someone finally gives me the origin of the US fights with sea Vril story i heard years ago. Thank you

I have no idea what you're on about bro.
- печаль моя светла

Unperson
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:42 pm
I heard various vaguestories like the one you expanded upon. That's it.
Absolutely Corrupt
Absolutely Corrupt
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:50 pm
By Vril you mean the supposed Nzi secret society that supposedly developed UFO's?
I thought this was a serious discussion.
- печаль моя светла

Unperson
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:58 pm
The Vril aren't nazi's. They come from a book that became a large esoteric work that certain protonazi's adopted.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vril
Log-in to submit your comments.
More Political Forums: The Politics Forum UK. Historical Forums: The U.S.S.R. Forum, The History Forum.
© 2003-2016 Siberian Fox network. Privacy.