Dreadlock Row Video Investigated By College - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
https://www.facebook.com/skynews/videos/1311246305556630/

A California university has said it is investigating a video which shows a black woman confronting a white man over his dreadlocks.

Black people don't own dreadlocks. They are ancient they just adopted them and trended them. She is a racist pig. Such disrespect, can you imagine if a white person did this to a black person with straightened hair!

http://news.sky.com/story/1669618/dreadlock-row-video-investigated-by-college

Just another ignorant asshole wound up in racial identity nonsense. That being said, and obviously I am not saying all black women are this way, but the only racist people I've ever personally met, one-on-one, in a university setting in my life have been black women. Coincidentally, both were either minoring or majoring in black studies. I chose not to confront/engage with them in any way, as I assumed they probably missed the point about culture, but still.

I've lived in almost every region of the contiguous US, and lived in areas of the deep South, and it's just kind of funny that the only people I've encountered who spouted off racist bullshit were liberals from Portland.
So does this skinny dude actually have dreadlocks? It looks like ratty hair to me.

BTW, he should never have engaged in conversation nor raised his hands, even defensively. He should have politely excused himself and stepped around with his hands glued to his sides. He should consider pressing charges - involuntary restraint is a pretty big no-no.
While I do not think it is racist for white people to have dreads, I found one aspect of this story to be interesting.

White boy gets hassled by black guy for having dreads: international story and extensive debate about how it looks when white people have dreads.

Black boy gets hassled by white guy (usually cop) for having dreads: so uneventful that no one mentions it or cares (unless the young black guy with dreads happens to be a local politician) and no discussion about how it looks when blacks have dreads.
^
Oh be quiet. Although, you are very kind to consider that white people wearing dread locks is not 'racist'. lol

From my experience blacks are the most racist people out there. Mix that with large inferiority complex they have and you have trouble. So it is no surprise this black chick thinks she owns dreadlocks. I also heard them speak about Egypt or something, usually blacks supremacist/nationalist believe Egypt was a black civilization. So I would not doubt she is into the whole black powa thing.
Albert wrote:Oh be quiet.

No. If you do not like my posts, you are free to ignore them.

Back on topic, white kids with dreadlocks are stereotypically seen as leftist university kids with progressive attitudes and a touch of W*****.

Black kids with dreadlocks are seen as criminals.
And in this regard the black girl is definitely a criminal. Guilty of harassment & assault.

Dunno if she is a student, but the man is. So he had a right to be there. If she wasn't a student & didn't have a visitor's pass she had no business being on the premises at all.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Back on topic, white kids with dreadlocks are stereotypically seen as leftist university kids with progressive attitudes and a touch of W*****.

Actually, they are seen as hipsters, i.e. a laughing stock. Your point about the asymmetry of coverage is legitimate. However, it is not out of line to insist that all private citizens are entitled to use public spaces free from involuntary physical restraint.
I am fairly sure the young white man will be fine, despite the "criminal" actions of the young woman.

Whether or not you think it's serious what she did really is a crime in most places, so why the quotes around criminal?

In other news, dreads should be banned for everyone, we are obviously not a mature enough species to be trusted with our own hair.
So if the victim doesn't feel like it was a criminal act it's okay?

Would you say the same about rape victims who decided they deserved it or say that it wasn't really rape because they were married? In that case would you say the rape was "criminal"?

I rather suspect not.

The harm done by this case is certainly far far less, but the principle remains. Why PoD, in this case, do you feel comfortable simply dismissing this when I imagine if the case was reversed and he had done the same to her I very strongly doubt that you would feel the same way.
Incidentally, it's pretty funny that she would target a grunge-kid (a trend since the early nineties). Seeing that they're notoriously anti-establishment and sympathize with the 'plight' of fellow 'oppressed' African-Americans.

A case of in-fighting.

Also, it's pretty amusing that PC hysteria has reached Salem witch hunt levels in high schools. So much for 'ethnic harmony'. Blaming everything on a certain identifiable racial-ethnic group appears to be detrimental for preserving community cohesion after all. Who knew? Certainly not the crazy teachers who are feeding this PC hysteria.
A single incident of someone, somewhere, in the world doing something does not mean that everyone, everywhere, is also doing that.

This type of thing is extraordinarily rare and generally happens with college students at that stage where they know just enough to be extremely confident with their stupidity. No doubt she will look back on this incident in a few years with extreme embarrassment.
Major comedians have railed against the toxic atmosphere on college campuses, including John Cleese, Chris Rock, Seinfeld and many more. College professors have raised alarms about the toxicity on college campuses and many people have been fired due to 'PC-related' non-incidents.
mikema63 wrote:So if the victim doesn't feel like it was a criminal act it's okay?

Would you say the same about rape victims who decided they deserved it or say that it wasn't really rape because they were married? In that case would you say the rape was "criminal"?

I rather suspect not.

The harm done by this case is certainly far far less, but the principle remains. Why PoD, in this case, do you feel comfortable simply dismissing this when I imagine if the case was reversed and he had done the same to her I very strongly doubt that you would feel the same way.

Yes, if the person does not want to press charges because they feel it is not a crime, then it is not a crime except in the technical sense.

The differences between this and someone who has been raped are so many and so significant that it seems like an odd question. This young man will certainly not suffer the same trauma that is normal for someone who has been raped. This young man will never have his sex life aired to the world, or have his credibility questioned, or have anyone suggest he wanted it. This attack also does not perpetuate sexism and misogyny as rape does. This woman's assault does not also help perpetuate the genetics of rapists.

I feel comfortable dismissing this because I am assuming that the young man in question is also comfortable dismissing this. This can be inferred by the fact that no charges have been laid, as far as I know.

mikema63 wrote:....

This type of thing is extraordinarily rare and generally happens with college students at that stage where they know just enough to be extremely confident with their stupidity. No doubt she will look back on this incident in a few years with extreme embarrassment.

I completely agree.

I am more and more convinced that college is actually the best place to make mistakes like this.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
I am more and more convinced that college is actually the best place to make mistakes like this.

Childhood 'mistakes' are now increasingly criminalized, either through actual arrest or administrative procedures. This has become a significant problem in the treatment of children in public schools. Zero tolerance and bureaucratic a**-covering make a toxic combination. Does your kid draw a picture of a gun? The best you can hope for is an intervention, and a school record indicating psychiatric disturbance.

I have never been a member of an insurgency. I wil[…]

The human shields argument has of course [ur;=htt[…]

So one must be "pure" to claim a race. […]

I really dont understand why the french left isnt[…]