Was a bunch of children marching for gun control a success or an embarrassment? - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#14901246
Godstud wrote::lol: is it a revolution? You sure are being melodramatic about a march.

What is truly laughable is when right wing idiots try to make peaceful protest into such a bad thing. is this protest hurting your feelings??

The cause that these people are marching for, is just, even if so many morons cannot see that because their guns are just an extension of their tiny dicks.

Since when is peaceful protest such a threat to you? How cowardly do you have to be to see kids marching as a threat?

No, and I never said that. One day it will be repealed, because soft-headed gun-fucking conservatives will be in the minority, as they grow old and die.

Your accusations of ‘hurt feelings’ is amusingly ironic since you deflected from all my points with emotional nonsense. Conflating ‘peaceful march’ with ‘children’s march’ shows you have no interest in actual discussion. You simply want to defend your position regardless of the arguments.
Do revolutionaries depend upon manipulating the emotions of the young and disenfranchised? Do you honestly believe these children were not organized by adults? Do you believe the views of children on politics should even be considered? Our society does not allow children to vote for a reason.
There are some questions requiring simple answers. Try to answer instead of deflecting with your emotional appeals.
#14901288
Finfinder wrote:It is because this whole argument is dishonest. The left in the United States knows that if they are honest about what they really want, a total repeal of the 2nd amendment, it is political suicide.

Is your last sentence for the dramatic effects? If not please provide some facts to back it up. ( you wont be able).


On the contrary, if you go back a few pages, I discussed that only a few left wingers want to get rid of all guns. Hunting etc is usually limited by location, not by politics. Additionally I acknowledged that, IMHO, any attempt to ban guns a la Australia would be political suicide. But gun laws restricting mag size etc are to the advantage of those being targeted by a shooter. The only dishonesty, or error here is your belief that half of Americans want ablation of guns. They dont.

As to my last sentence, this is true. These teachers and students were in school, as the law will have them be. Cruz, armed, entered the school and pulled a fire alarm. The students left their classroom in response. Cruz shot them. The phuquewit who was supposed to "save" them was outside, and didnt come back inside. I dont know whether or not if he even called the nabs.
#14901333
Stormsmith wrote:On the contrary, if you go back a few pages, I discussed that only a few left wingers want to get rid of all guns. Hunting etc is usually limited by location, not by politics. Additionally I acknowledged that, IMHO, any attempt to ban guns a la Australia would be political suicide. But gun laws restricting mag size etc are to the advantage of those being targeted by a shooter. The only dishonesty, or error here is your belief that half of Americans want ablation of guns. They dont.

As to my last sentence, this is true. These teachers and students were in school, as the law will have them be. Cruz, armed, entered the school and pulled a fire alarm. The students left their classroom in response. Cruz shot them. The phuquewit who was supposed to "save" them was outside, and didnt come back inside. I dont know whether or not if he even called the nabs.


I never said half of Americans. Your last paragraph conveniently leaves out how the system ( comprised of anti gun political players ) completely failed to do anything about the well documented history of this shooter.
#14901343
Finfinder wrote:I never said half of Americans. Your last paragraph conveniently leaves out how the system ( comprised of anti gun political players ) completely failed to do anything about the well documented history of this shooter.


The left in the United States knows that if they are honest about what they really want, a total repeal of the 2nd amendment, it is political suicide.


When you lump Americans in blocks, you are effectively talking about 1/2 the population since the number of left (and right) are very nearly the same.

As to Cruz's personal history, I wrote at length on it. Yes it failed. Abysmally. And it needs overhauling. This isn't politicians. The failure is on the hands of school administers, police and the FBI. If you want to link these folks to anti gun political players i'll require proof.
#14901354
One Degree wrote:Conflating ‘peaceful march’ with ‘children’s march’ shows you have no interest in actual discussion. You simply want to defend your position regardless of the arguments.
Was the march not a peaceful one? Did it not involve children and people of all ages? What I see is a desperate attempt to contradict, without knowing what you are contradicting.

One Degree wrote:Do revolutionaries depend upon manipulating the emotions of the young and disenfranchised? Do you honestly believe these children were not organized by adults? Do you believe the views of children on politics should even be considered? Our society does not allow children to vote for a reason.
Children were, without question, behind the forefront of this March. To dismiss this, is to dismiss the reality. Were people of all ages present. Of course. I'd march with my children if they cared enough, and I was an American.

The 6 most memorable speeches at the March for Our Lives in D.C.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/loc ... es-in-d-c/

Yes, the views of children should be taken into consideration when adults are incapable of rational conversation. The children, in this case, are spurring change that the adults are too daft, and stubborn, to initiate, or even discuss reasonably.

Many of those "children" are a year or two from being registered voters, and there were thousands who actually registered to vote, during the march. Are you ignoring this fact because it's inconvenient? People like you are going to become the minority, and gun laws ARE going to change, because the majority will want it so.

Note: Getting rid of the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean getting rid of all the guns(few actually say this with an seriousness), but it would make it easier to enact gun laws that actually protect American lives, without gun-nuts' precious rights always getting in the way.

One Degree wrote:Try to answer instead of deflecting with your emotional appeals.
You're the one who won't present any facts to go along with your argument. You accuse others of emotional arguments, when such is not the case. I've presented facts and studies that support my arguments.
#14901364
One Degree wrote:It is racist today to say so, but the comparison of China and Japan to the US is comparing comparatively homogeneous communities to multi cultural communities. Homogeneous communities are safer. By homogeneous, I mean more the acceptance of community standards over the individual than ethnic diversity though there is currently an accidental overlap of the two. We, in the US, are blinded by the racial makeup and don’t see it is the abandonment of community standards that is the problem. The more we discuss racial differences, the more we destroy community standards. I don’t know why we can’t just say “these are the standards” and exceptions are not made by race, etc. Changing behavior requires EVERYONE knowing what is expected. Though I am not a traveler, I expect people in China and Japan have few doubts of what is acceptable behavior compared to people in the US.

@Godstud Are you suggesting home invasions are rarer than school shootings?

I sort of see what you are getting at. But Japan and China are pretty different. Japan is sort of like you describe it. Japan is also smaller than California and has about 2/5 the population of the US packed into the small area (and about 80% is mountains). China is slightly larger than the US and has over 4 times the population of the US (or possibly more because many babies were not registered under the one-child policy). China is 91% or so Han Chinese, but there are also 55 officially recognized ethnic minorities. In particular the Uigur Muslims who are indigenous to Northwest China differ a lot in appearance and in customs, and are to be seen all over the country. Japanese don't really acknowledge non-Japanese. However, there are minority populations of Koreans, Chinese, and indigenous Ainu, as well as others, although in the minds of Japanese, there is only one true Japanese ethnicity. China also differs in the way of gender equality, being much more equal than Japan (and also more gender-equal than the US). What China and Japan don't have is widespread private possession of guns. China also does have a surveillance system which is perhaps somewhat similar to what you seem to advocate.

Chinese society during the cultural revolution (from 1966 until the death of Mao in 1977) was chaotic as can be. I think that what has held the society together through the hellish periods was perhaps the family ties, which are a very significant aspect of Chinese society. China has been a place with its share of crime through the years, including a lot of petty theft, etc. What it hasn't been is a country with a lot of gun murders. Perhaps this is due to the people not having guns?
#14901375
foxdemon wrote:@Crantag we all know what would happen if the Chinese populace had plenty of guns. For all the talk of the 2nd Amendment in America, the Chinese take the idea of overthrowing an injustice administration much more seriously.

So you are suggesting if the Chinese had as many guns as the Americans, they would remake their country in the image of American hawks?

Not likely.

But the point was that one need not worry about being shot while walking down the street here. I was working in Tampa during the serial killings recently, where a guy was going out at night and shooting people in the back of the head.

I had just left South Texas when I came to Florida, and I was quite close to where the church shooting happened there, soon after I had left town.

So to the original point, indeed I feel safer here where the wack jobs aren't armed with guns.
#14901383
I live in South Texas, guns everywhere. My wife and daughter both have concealed carry permits, me all I ever carry is a pocket knife. I don't know anyone who has ever been shot outside the military. I seldom lock my car, only lock the door at home when my wife bitches. Now, this is not to say there isn't crime and violence in South Texas. Mexicans shoot each other all the time.
#14901384
Crantag wrote:I live in China. Before that I lived in the US for a couple years, and before that I lived in Japan. I am from the US.

Yeah, I feel safer in Japan and China, where wack jobs with guns aren't around.

I feel safer in these places because wackjobs aren't as common, not necessarily because of the guns. The truth is that criminals have plenty of guns in these countries. A drug dealer was shot to death in the parking complex across the street from me awhile ago. The truth is just that I don't expect them to target me. If I expected them to do so I'd definitely want the right to own a gun. Well, TBH I still do, just not badly enough to live elsewhere.
#14901385
Hong Wu wrote:I feel safer in these places because wackjobs aren't as common, not necessarily because of the guns. The truth is that criminals have plenty of guns in these countries. A drug dealer was shot to death in the parking complex across the street from me awhile ago. The truth is just that I don't expect them to target me. If I expected them to do so I'd definitely want the right to own a gun. Well, TBH I still do, just not badly enough to live elsewhere.

How I grew up guns were for hunting and target shooting. I still like these activities. But I don't know that they are so compatible with China. (Vietnam has hunting.) Though I've never bow hunted, I personally prefer the aesthetics of bows and arrows to the banging of guns. I also prefer the aesthetics of axes to that of chainsaws, though the latter are obviously more efficient for felling trees. Bowsaws in fact work too for smaller trees, and less the cost for fuel.
#14901386
Suntzu wrote:I live in South Texas, guns everywhere. My wife and daughter both have concealed carry permits, me all I ever carry is a pocket knife. I don't know anyone who has ever been shot outside the military. I seldom lock my car, only lock the door at home when my wife bitches. Now, this is not to say there isn't crime and violence in South Texas. Mexicans shoot each other all the time.

I get that it is cultural in rural Texas, and the church shooter was stopped by private citizens. Rural Americans have a use for guns. Up in Alaska where I have also briefly lived, you might have to face down a brown bear while trekking in the woods.
#14901435
Crantag wrote:So you are suggesting if the Chinese had as many guns as the Americans, they would remake their country in the image of American hawks?

Not likely.

But the point was that one need not worry about being shot while walking down the street here. I was working in Tampa during the serial killings recently, where a guy was going out at night and shooting people in the back of the head.

I had just left South Texas when I came to Florida, and I was quite close to where the church shooting happened there, soon after I had left town.

So to the original point, indeed I feel safer here where the wack jobs aren't armed with guns.


Nope, that isn’t the point I am making.

China has had many revolutions over its history. America has had one revolution, not against its own government, and one civil war. The 2nd Amendement, the right to bare arms, is supposed to be about challenging tyranny.

So my point is the Chinese are what the 2nd amendment supports like to think themselves to be. If you are around to see the next Chinese revolution, you’ll get to see what I am talking about.
#14901461
foxdemon wrote:Nope, that isn’t the point I am making.

China has had many revolutions over its history. America has had one revolution, not against its own government, and one civil war. The 2nd Amendement, the right to bare arms, is supposed to be about challenging tyranny.

So my point is the Chinese are what the 2nd amendment supports like to think themselves to be. If you are around to see the next Chinese revolution, you’ll get to see what I am talking about.

I suppose that could be why 'civil unrest' is listed next to 'natural disasters' in business contracts as criteria for voiding the agreement...
#14901672
Godstud wrote:People like you are going to become the minority, and gun laws ARE going to change, because the majority will want it so.

Wow! Laws. You mean like border laws? Those things that nobody obeys? The majority don't want anymore illegal immigrants. Does that matter? Law is not a strong instrument these days, due to the people running our country. Guns aren't the problem here. We simply aren't interested in left wing bullshit.

Image
#14901683
blackjack21 wrote:Wow! Laws. You mean like border laws? Those things that nobody obeys? The majority don't want anymore illegal immigrants. Does that matter? Law is not a strong instrument these days, due to the people running our country. Guns aren't the problem here. We simply aren't interested in left wing bullshit.

Image


Ah, it is so nice to see someone else make the connections. Let us tolerate this viciousness in the young and pretend it has no consequences.
#14901691
Blackjack21 wrote:Wow! Laws. You mean like border laws? Those things that nobody obeys? The majority don't want anymore illegal immigrants. Does that matter? Law is not a strong instrument these days, due to the people running our country. Guns aren't the problem here. We simply aren't interested in left wing bullshit.
The discussion is not about illegal immigration. More deflection.... More emotional crybaby bullshit, too, I see.
Note: No one is supporting illegal immigration, and you'd have to me a brain-dead moron to think that, and try to use it as an argument about gun control.

Laws, when enforced work. THE FACTS SUPPORT THIS .There is, however, not enough to make you "FEEL" better about it. Your perception is just more crybaby nonsense about how removing dangerous guns hurts your ability to have a gun so you won't feel like such a loser. :lol:

One Degree wrote:Ah, it is so nice to see someone else make the connections. Let us tolerate this viciousness in the young and pretend it has no consequences.
Yes, he is also an uncaring, melodramatic bigot, who loves guns more than people, just like you...

Posting memes is a real loser thing to do, since it's just you plastering your FEELINGS all over this discussion, so that you can get away from facts, and the reality.

You guys, @One Degree, @Hong Wu and @blackjack21 , think this whole discussion is about your precious guns getting taken away as some perceived punishment. You make yourselves out to be the fucking victims, when it's children in schools getting killed that are the true victims. Pardon me if I laugh at the fucking gall and ego it takes to make yourselves out to be the victims. There are real victims out there, and you guys are not them.
#14901698
@Godstud
You will need to explain how believing schools should not tolerate violence makes me a bigot. You seem to be making a speech instead of discussing with other posters. Your comments have no connection to the posts you are responding to.
#14901717
You are trying to blame the schools for what happened, and divert attention away from the gun control issue. It's dishonest and sleazy. Schools already do not tolerate violence, and bullying is fought, tooth and nail, within the school system. There's no argument to be made here, except to change the topic to blaming the students for school shootings, which you are attempting to do.

You agree with something that has NOTHING to do with the issue. No guns. No school shootings. That's the bottom line that you, and other bigots here, will not discuss, nor even consider. You'd rather blame the kids for being killed, and not accepting it as the norm.
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9

Where is Comrade Stalin now that Russia needs him […]

At the end of May 2018, Prime Minister of Japan Sh[…]

Same with height. Tall people are seldom insecure […]

Looks like Donald stepped in shit. As The Great Bu[…]