Capitalism is Racist - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#14976792
I think someone had to say it. Capitalism is racist.

Why is it that every single nazi and white supremacist you've ever met will tell you that communism is evil?? Hmm, I wonder. Might it be because they use capitalism to get away with racism and discrimination? I think yes, that's really what's it about.

You see under capitalism they have a way to be totally racist while being able to claim that they're not. This gives them the safety net they need in order to continue white supremacy. They will claim that it's all a matter of the "free market" and that all people have "equal opportunity" under capitalism, because that's what they need to say in order to make it SOUND like they are tolerant and reasonable. But in fact, all the really smart ones know deep down that this a just a way to keep white supremacy going, because they know that under capitalism those who are in power will STAY in power, and that's what they really want. They want to keep and maintain all the power they already have. I mean come on it's obvious.
#14976925
I can't tell if this thread is trolling or not, but I guess I'll engage it anyway.

Agent Steel wrote:I think someone had to say it. Capitalism is racist.


Define Racism. Define Capitalism.

Agent Steel wrote:Why is it that every single nazi and white supremacist you've ever met will tell you that communism is evil?? Hmm, I wonder. Might it be because they use capitalism to get away with racism and discrimination? I think yes, that's really what's it about.


Actual Nazis oppose capitalism too, Hitler openly criticized it in his works; they advocate for a "Third-Way" alternative; those who think that actual Nazis and Fascists are capitalists are usually communist themselves who affirm that fascism is the final stage or final form of capitalism that is restored by Reactionaries led mostly by the petty-Bourgeois.

Either this, or you are using the term "Nazi" and "white supremacist" in a very ambiguous way, or you simply don't know what you are talking about.

Agent Steel wrote:They will claim that it's all a matter of the "free market" and that all people have "equal opportunity" under capitalism, because that's what they need to say in order to make it SOUND like they are tolerant and reasonable.


This sounds like the fallacy of presumption. Attributing motive is not a critique of an argument and it is definitely not a proof that capitalism is ipso facto racist (whatever that even means).

Agent Steel wrote: But in fact, all the really smart ones know deep down that this a just a way to keep white supremacy going, because they know that under capitalism those who are in power will STAY in power, and that's what they really want.


What do you mean by power here? State power?

In any event, weird argument based on the same fallacy.

Agent Steel wrote:I mean come on it's obvious.


Is it?

:lol:
#14977652
I would define racism a system of oppression by those in power (white people). And that's exactly how capitalism works. White people are born with 20 times more wealth than the average black person. This makes white people continue to maintain their power and it makes it almost impossible for blacks to compete with them.

That much is crystal clear.
#15007156
Agent Steel wrote:I think someone had to say it. Capitalism is racist.

Why is it that every single nazi and white supremacist you've ever met will tell you that communism is evil?? Hmm, I wonder. Might it be because they use capitalism to get away with racism and discrimination? I think yes, that's really what's it about.



Why don't you move to a nice Leftist country, say Cuba? You desperately need to read Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams essays and books. Desperately.

Leftists are always pretending that America, of all places, can "get rid of racism". Why can't we "get rid of"... murder, and rape, and armed robbery? Would anyone here rather be murdered, raped, or robbed than called a racist epithet? Call me "cracker" any day. Maybe you've never heard of "sticks and stones can break my bones," junior, but it's true. You talk like a high schooler.
#15007164
Yes, capitalism is racist, but not because it is inherently racist, but instead it is because of how history and economics has happened in the last few centuries.

Colonialism, or capitalism at gunpoint, did not need to use racist ideas about white man’s burden in order to exist and maintain itself, but it did make all the genocide and slavery more palatable to the European public. This way, they could pretend they were “civilising” the rest of the world.

This is still being done by portraying Muslims as savages who need our help to achieve democracy, and it really is just an excuse to take their oil. Or portraying Venezuelans as incapable of protecting their democracy from corruption.

Or the racism directed at undocumented migrants, who have even less opportunity to fight their economic oppression because of said racism.

Or keeping the working class divided by talking about how the white working class is oppressed by everyone else.

The examples are numerous, and all show how racism is used to perpetuate capitalism. But this is merely the opportunism of capitalism, and is not a necessary trait of capitalism.

But it does show how fighting racism and fighting capitalism are mutually beneficial.
#15007215
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, capitalism is racist, but not because it is inherently racist, but instead it is because of how history and economics has happened in the last few centuries.

Right. Capitalism favors the privileged, and privilege is based on power, which has often been unequal between races. The effect is that capitalism favors whichever race has the most power and privilege. In many countries that have significant racial diversity, that race is white (i.e., European) because whites from advanced European colonial powers colonized them centuries ago. But in some places it is not. In Singapore, the Chinese are generally more privileged than whites.
Or keeping the working class divided by talking about how the white working class is oppressed by everyone else.

Even if the working class is not divided, race makes a convenient distraction from privilege.
The examples are numerous, and all show how racism is used to perpetuate capitalism. But this is merely the opportunism of capitalism, and is not a necessary trait of capitalism.

Right.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15007224
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, capitalism is racist, but not because it is inherently racist, but instead it is because of how history and economics has happened in the last few centuries.


This is an important distinction to point out. Your other points are valid as well. However, I want to point out another thing which is a bit more abstract. This doesn't contradict what you stated, it just further explores the topic.

Capitalism is fundamentally different from Communism in the sense that Capitalism was never invented, where as Communism was invented. That is, Capitalism is an emergent property of natural human trade interaction. Capitalism wasn't invented, it was discovered. Whereas Communism is an idea and invention. This fundamental difference is basically why Capitalism has taken root so easily. It's more "natural" and more inline with natural human instincts.

Now, this is why Capitalism is racist. It's not that Capitalism is inherently racist, it's that people are naturally racist, or more precisely, people are tribal. As we know tribalism is at the core of racism. Thus, to end racism in capitalism, you have to end racism in people. I would say, in order to have socialism/communism, we would also need to eliminate racism in people.

I wonder, what would a non-racist capitalism look like? WOuld it be any better than it is today? I think no. :lol:
User avatar
By Julian658
#15007231
Agent Steel wrote:I think someone had to say it. Capitalism is racist.

Why is it that every single nazi and white supremacist you've ever met will tell you that communism is evil?? Hmm, I wonder. Might it be because they use capitalism to get away with racism and discrimination? I think yes, that's really what's it about.

You see under capitalism they have a way to be totally racist while being able to claim that they're not. This gives them the safety net they need in order to continue white supremacy. They will claim that it's all a matter of the "free market" and that all people have "equal opportunity" under capitalism, because that's what they need to say in order to make it SOUND like they are tolerant and reasonable. But in fact, all the really smart ones know deep down that this a just a way to keep white supremacy going, because they know that under capitalism those who are in power will STAY in power, and that's what they really want. They want to keep and maintain all the power they already have. I mean come on it's obvious.


By definition capitalism is not racist. Capitalism seeks profit and if profit is higher with black then capitalism goes with black. Why are NBA teams owned by white men nearly 100% black?
#15011854
Agent Steel wrote:I think someone had to say it. Capitalism is racist.

Why is it that every single nazi and white supremacist you've ever met will tell you that communism is evil?? Hmm, I wonder. Might it be because they use capitalism to get away with racism and discrimination? I think yes, that's really what's it about.

You see under capitalism they have a way to be totally racist while being able to claim that they're not. This gives them the safety net they need in order to continue white supremacy. They will claim that it's all a matter of the "free market" and that all people have "equal opportunity" under capitalism, because that's what they need to say in order to make it SOUND like they are tolerant and reasonable. But in fact, all the really smart ones know deep down that this a just a way to keep white supremacy going, because they know that under capitalism those who are in power will STAY in power, and that's what they really want. They want to keep and maintain all the power they already have. I mean come on it's obvious.

No. It's because capitalism understands and is based on hierarchy and inequality.
And it's not true that in capitalism those in power always stay in power. Many wealthy people lose their wealth, and many poor people manage to acquire wealth and power.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15032929
Agent Steel wrote:I think someone had to say it. Capitalism is racist.

Why is it that every single nazi and white supremacist you've ever met will tell you that communism is evil?? Hmm, I wonder. Might it be because they use capitalism to get away with racism and discrimination? I think yes, that's really what's it about.


The two richest people I know unravel your argument.

The richest person I know is a black woman. She enjoys a net worth of about $80,000,000. The second richest person I know is a Jew, who has a net worth of about $60,000,000. Both have worked for what they have and have invested wisely.

Both are capitalists to the nth degree..
EU-BREXIT

I think the most likely outcome now is extension, […]

Ukrainegate

As I've said, the issue isn't profit. Even if it'[…]

Public low-carbon energy RD&D of industriali[…]

Personally, I think potential health effects shoul[…]