The Next UK PM everybody... - Page 42 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
@Beren

Speaking for myself, despite living on a council estate, my constituency is a safe Tory seat -probably because my neighbours don't bother to vote, or perhaps they aren't able to vote. Turnout is around 18%, usually. The posh part of the constituency would vote for a gorilla if it wore a blue rosette.

Having said that, though, Brexit seems to have fired them all up and they all now support The Brexit Party , so maybe that'll split the Tory vote enough to get them out.

Quite honestly, I'll keep my ear to the ground when the time comes. I won't vote Lib-Dem if it means our Tory member will scrape through. I'm going to try to vote tactically.

That might even mean voting for the Brexit Party if they're likely to topple the Tories

I'm looking at the bigger picture.

Sure, I don't want a Brexit Party representative, but they're not likely to win more than a handful of seats overall and one less seat for the Tories has got to be good.
B0ycey wrote:Labour are strong up North, Lib Dems south.

I've made a little bit of research and found that even if the last YouGov/The Times poll, which says the Lib Dems are at 23% and Labour are at 21% is true, Labour are still much better at turning votes into seats and get more than five times more seats than the Lib Dems do.

snapdragon wrote:I'm going to try to vote tactically.

That's exactly I meant to suggest. :up:
Beren wrote:I've made a little bit of research and found that even if the last YouGov/The Times poll, which says the Lib Dems are at 23% and Labour are at 21% is true, Labour are still much better at turning votes into seats and get more than five times more seats than the Lib Dems do.

Sounds about right. I read the Lib Dems are on course for 39 seats. But given the percentages, there must be numerous marginal seats that they (Lib Dems) could take whereas Labour must have strongholds. Which suggests that given the logical sense of that in terms of tactical voting a Lib Dem vote is worth more within many more marginal constituencies and more importantly than that, that both parties should work together and stick to their strengths.

B0ycey wrote:I grew up on a council estate Skinster and I am sure I have told you that before. And no I do care about other things apart from Brexit. I don't mind a Corbyn government despite what you think.

Yet you'd vote for someone like Swinson who votes for austerity and is obviously a self-serving cunt like most politicians (aside from bae Corbyn and a few others). Interesting. Did you read that list from Ingliz that shows what Swinson is for? Here it is again:

ingliz wrote:A true blue Tory. Swinson has voted to cut payments for people with illness or disability, voted to cut funding for young people seeking jobs or further training, voted to cut local government funding and voted for increased restrictions on legal aid. She has voted against an increased income tax for those earning over £150,000, voted against a tax on banker’s bonuses, voted against restricting the fees that landlords can charge tenants and always voted for reducing the rate of corporation tax. Swinson has voted to sell off state-owned forests, voted against greater regulation of hydraulic fracturing (fracking), etc, etc.....

:lol:

Also, for the lulz.

snapdragon wrote:I've no time for Corbyn. He doesn't want to be PM. He likes being in opposition so he can shout from the sidelines without having to do anything.

What colour is the sky on the planet you live in? Corbyn has been calling for a GE for months and months and is in campaign mode for it and has been for months too. :lol: Maybe look elsewhere than The Guardian and BBC for news. :up:
Ukrainegate

So you can't in anyway conceive why it might be e[…]

EU-BREXIT

I think the most likely outcome now is extension,[…]

Trump and Russiagate

This is big news that will soon be played out. If[…]

If one is looking for genocide in Syria, he/she sh[…]