What Will Dems Run On? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

User avatar
By BigSteve
#15050503
Next year, what will Democrats be able to point to as accomplishments worthy of them being re-elected?

So far as I can tell, they're only going to be able to claim that they ultimately failed at removing Donald Trump from office, but little else. They're been so hyper-focused on impeachment for so long that they've ignored pretty much everything else so they could pursue it.

They're not going to be able to say "We did__________ (fill in the blank) and made your world a better place."

So, what do they have?
#15050557
BigSteve wrote:Next year, what will Democrats be able to point to as accomplishments worthy of them being re-elected?

Impeaching President Donald Trump is what they think. That is what many of the far left have been calling for from the day he became President.

BigSteve wrote:So far as I can tell, they're only going to be able to claim that they ultimately failed at removing Donald Trump from office, but little else. They're been so hyper-focused on impeachment for so long that they've ignored pretty much everything else so they could pursue it.

They're not going to be able to say "We did__________ (fill in the blank) and made your world a better place."


So, what do they have?

They will probably run on resisting orange man bad. :lol:
By late
#15050562
Hindsite wrote:
They will probably run on resisting orange man bad.



That goes without saying.

But there are two sides to a presidential election. The first part is usually a referendum on the status quo; do they want things to stay the same,or do they want change.

The second part is the More Perfect Union part. What do they intend to do to make the country better. That's what all the shouting is about.
#15050571
late wrote:That goes without saying.

But there are two sides to a presidential election. The first part is usually a referendum on the status quo; do they want things to stay the same,or do they want change.

The second part is the More Perfect Union part. What do they intend to do to make the country better. That's what all the shouting is about.

It appear to me that "orange man bad" has a better plan for making the country better. He has already provide tax cuts and eliminated some regulatory burdens that allowed creation of more jobs for all our people as well as make us energy independent.

The Democrat's open border plan that allows drug and human snuggling and giving free health care to foreigners and everyone else by taxing us into oblivion will not make the country better.
By late
#15050573
Hindsite wrote:
He has already provide tax cuts

and eliminated some regulatory burdens

that allowed creation of more jobs

for all our people as well as make us energy independent.

The Democrat's open border plan that allows drug and human snuggling and giving free health care to foreigners and everyone else by taxing us into oblivion will not make the country better.



Almost all of the tax cut went to the rich. In a year or two, ALL the tax cuts go to rich, the middle class cuts expire.

Cutting regulation comes with their own costs. Usually the cost exceeds the benefit.

The economy he inherited was strong. Economists aren't happy with the way he's been handling it.

We are going to be paying for fracking for a thousand years, it's the definition of short term gain, and long term pain.

Obama was excoriated by the Latino community over his immigration policy. That is the opposite of "open borders". Not that reality ever shows up in your writing. Obama also proposed bipartisan regulation that would have increased border efforts. The Party of NO said no to everything they could get away with. So they said no. See for yourself:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigrati ... ted_States

Your taxes pay for the empire, and all those tax cuts for the rich (there's lots of tax cuts and other bennies, that don't get attention). It's why we don't have enough money to do things like maintain roads and schools and such.

Taxes on the middle class are not high by developed country standards. The difference is they pay less ( or nothing ) for health care, their schools are better, the roads are better, etc, etc, etc.

IOW, their taxes benefit them enormously.

Here, the parasites and the empire suck down the money.

Image
#15050578
late wrote:Almost all of the tax cut went to the rich. In a year or two, ALL the tax cuts go to rich, the middle class cuts expire.

That is because the rich pay more taxes. Also many of the rich create jobs. I do agree that the tax cuts could have been done better, but they have to do what they can get enough votes to pass through the House and Senate and the Senate usually requires 60% majority vote. President Trump has proposed more tax cuts for the middle class and make it permanent as was done for the rich, but he has not been able to get anyone to take it up in the Congress.

late wrote:Cutting regulation comes with their own costs. Usually the cost exceeds the benefit.

Not in these cases.

late wrote:The economy he inherited was strong. Economists aren't happy with the way he's been handling it.

It wasn't very strong under Obama. It is much stronger under Trump. Just take a look at all the stock market records that have been set during the last three years. Some economist just don't like the trade war with China. But that is something that must be done or else we let China eat our lunch.

late wrote:We are going to be paying for fracking for a thousand years, it's the definition of short term gain, and long term pain.

We can't be certain of that, but I am satisfied with the short term gain, because I want be here to deal with that possible long term pain.

late wrote:Obama was excoriated by the Latino community over his immigration policy. That is the opposite of "open borders". Not that reality ever shows up in your writing. Obama also proposed bipartisan regulation that would have increased border efforts. The Party of NO said no to everything they could get away with. So they said no. See for yourself:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigrati ... ted_States

I never said Obama was for open borders. I said it is the Democrat party today that want open borders to oppose President Trump just because they hate him for beating their butts in the election.

late wrote:Your taxes pay for the empire, and all those tax cuts for the rich (there's lots of tax cuts and other bennies, that don't get attention). It's why we don't have enough money to do things like maintain roads and schools and such.

Taxes on the middle class are not high by developed country standards. The difference is they pay less ( or nothing ) for health care, their schools are better, the roads are better, etc, etc, etc.

IOW, their taxes benefit them enormously.

Here, the parasites and the empire suck down the money.

Image

I can agree that the politicians love spending other people's money - tax and spend. However, I believe that any time we can get any of that money back in tax cuts, so we can save or spend it ourselves, then we are better off. I am not sure about other countries, but our politicians waste a lot of our tax dollars on nonsense. There have been many examples of that in the past, but the most recent has been the Mueller investigation on the fake Russian collusion hoax. The Impeachment inquiry hearings are a real waste of time that prevents getting real important things done to benefit the American people. Pelosi says they will likely delay bringing the USMCA trade agreement to a vote until next year even though it will pass easily for it is great for our people. She apparently does not want to give President Trump a win while they are trying to damage him with this impeachment nonsense. They had to pass a C.R. to keep the government open until late December because they haven't been able to even work on the budget spending with this other nonsense going on.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15050588
They're not going to be able to say "We did__________ (fill in the blank) and made your world a better place."


They do not need to do that and they should not. If they want to win they should get on message that Trump is dangerous, has destroyed the US position around the world, is destroying the economy and all that. But the most important thing they should do is hammer home that he is an extortionist. They need to run on his dishonesty and lining his pockets at the taxpayers expense. They need to refer to Moscow Mitch every chance they get.

They won't though and they will likely loose. I fully expect to have Trump around for another term.
#15050674
Drlee wrote:They do not need to do that and they should not. If they want to win they should get on message that Trump is dangerous, has destroyed the US position around the world, is destroying the economy and all that. But the most important thing they should do is hammer home that he is an extortionist. They need to run on his dishonesty and lining his pockets at the taxpayers expense. They need to refer to Moscow Mitch every chance they get.

They won't though and they will likely loose. I fully expect to have Trump around for another term.


So, at the very least, it's nice to see that you agree that they've accomplished nothing.

The idiotic name calling notwithstanding, how is Trump lining his pockets?
By late
#15050759
BigSteve wrote:
1) So, at the very least, it's nice to see that you agree that they've accomplished nothing.

2) The idiotic name calling notwithstanding, how is Trump lining his pockets?



1)They have the presidency and the Senate. The House has sent over dozens of bills that should have been passed, that's on Republicans.

Or are we back in your cartoon caricature of reality?

2) Lots of ways, try reading news that isn't crap.
#15050771
late wrote:In a year or two, ALL the tax cuts go to rich, the middle class cuts expire.

That's always a setup. The Republicans will just run on making them permanent.

late wrote:It's why we don't have enough money to do things like maintain roads and schools and such.

That's a function of spending priorities--like healthcare for illegal aliens, or the Kurds. Don't forget about the Kurds!

Hindsite wrote:President Trump has proposed more tax cuts for the middle class and make it permanent as was done for the rich, but he has not been able to get anyone to take it up in the Congress.

QED.

Drlee wrote:If they want to win they should get on message that Trump is dangerous, has destroyed the US position around the world, is destroying the economy and all that.

The Kurds! He he! I doubt that message is going to sell.

Drlee wrote:They need to run on his dishonesty and lining his pockets at the taxpayers expense.

They have a track record of making charges without evidence. Trump hasn't gained as a result of being president. Somewhat the opposite.

Drlee wrote:They need to refer to Moscow Mitch every chance they get.

Yeah. That'll do the trick. :roll:

Democrats took on the burden of defending the deep state against the American people. For that reason alone, they are setting themselves up to lose. Nancy Pelosi has made the calculation that the gamble is worth it.
#15050775
late wrote:1)They have the presidency and the Senate. The House has sent over dozens of bills that should have been passed, that's on Republicans.


What bills are those?

2) Lots of ways, try reading news that isn't crap.


As suspected, you're unable to explain how his Presidency is allowing him to line his pockets.

Got it...
By late
#15050784
BigSteve wrote:


As suspected, you're unable to explain how his Presidency is allowing him to line his pockets.



You mean the way the Saudi bribed him by renting out the top floor, and nobody went?

Or how about how he diverts planes to Scotland, and his resort. It would be a lot cheaper if they stayed on base like they used to.

There's a bunch more, if one reads real news.

Now back to the usual fantasy..
By late
#15050785
blackjack21 wrote:
1) That's always a setup. The Republicans will just run on making them permanent.


2) That's a function of spending priorities






1) No, it's not. Feel free to find examples otherwise..

2) It's also a function of spending limits. America is taking a back seat to the empire, and the rich.
#15050796
late wrote:You mean the way the Saudi bribed him by renting out the top floor, and nobody went?

Or how about how he diverts planes to Scotland, and his resort. It would be a lot cheaper if they stayed on base like they used to.

There's a bunch more, if one reads real news.

Now back to the usual fantasy..


See, here's the thing: I'm completely open to learning about how Trump is "lining his pockets" at taxpayer expense. Conversely, you are completely averse to providing any actual facts and, instead, offer only personal commentary based on nothing but your delicate emotions and hatred of the man.

Your opinion is completely meaningless. Cite actual facts or admit you have nothing...
By late
#15050801
BigSteve wrote:
Your opinion is completely meaningless. Cite actual facts or admit you have nothing...



What I said was accurate.

What you said, as always, was not.

Here's more..

"And when it comes to wringing bucks out of this administration, no one can match President Donald Trump himself for the sheer depth and breadth of his national grift. Hell, the way he's set things up it's virtually impossible to even capture its scope. Thanks to presidential ethics laws that never contemplated a businessman president who would not follow the political norms of divesting himself of his businesses, disclosing his taxes and generally trying to avoid conflicts of interest, much and possibly all of this is legal if unseemly. "The president can't have a conflict of interest," Trump noted...

We can start with the truly big money. Forbes' Dan Alexander and Matt Drange estimated last month that Trump rakes in at least $175 million annually from commercial tenants like the state-owned Industrial & Commercial Bank of China.

And that's just one avenue for filling the Trump-branded, solid gold trough. Foreign governments have been quick to figure out how to stay on the president's good side. They've "donated public land, approved permits and eased environmental regulations for Trump-branded developments, creating a slew of potential conflicts as foreign leaders make investments that can be seen as gifts or attempts to gain access

But wait, there are still more ways to enrich the most powerful man in the world. His company still sells real estate, after all. An investigation by USA Today last summer found that in the 12 months after he clinched the GOP presidential nomination in 2016, "70% of buyers of Trump properties were limited liability companies – corporate entities that allow people to purchase property without revealing all of the owners' names. That compares with about 4% of buyers in the two years before." Overall in 2017, the paper reported, Trump's companies "sold more than $35 million in real estate ... mostly to secretive shell companies..."
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles ... t-the-ways


Give it a rest.
#15050808
late wrote:https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2018-03-05/how-is-donald-trump-profiting-from-the-presidency-let-us-count-the-ways


See the word "opinion" in the link you posted?

Yeah, it's as fucking worthless as yours is.

I'm working under the assumption that you're able to discern between facts and opinions. Perhaps I should reassess whether or not that's the case, because it's becoming more and more clear that you can't...
#15050810
blackjack21 wrote:
Yeah. That'll do the trick. :roll:

Democrats took on the burden of defending the deep state against the American people. For that reason alone, they are setting themselves up to lose. Nancy Pelosi has made the calculation that the gamble is worth it.


Drlee thinks they should use the " live in a glass house and throw stones gaslight technique". The problem with that is there is real corruption from the Dems that has actually been exposed and a lot more to come. Corruption on tax payer money is the worst kind.
By late
#15050811
BigSteve wrote:
See the word "opinion" in the link you posted?

Yeah, it's as fucking worthless as yours is.

I'm working under the assumption that you're able to discern between facts and opinions. Perhaps I should reassess whether or not that's the case, because it's becoming more and more clear that you can't...



You keeping running away from facts.

You seem to lack the ability to face them. Something must be missing.

We know what it is, don't we.
#15050815
late wrote:You keeping running away from facts.

You seem to lack the ability to face them. Something must be missing.

We know what it is, don't we.


What facts? Despite being asked twice for some, you've failed to provide any. All you did was provide a link to an opinion.

We all know, though, that you wouldn't know a fact if you tripped over it...
By late
#15050832
BigSteve wrote:
What facts?



The ones you are always running away from.

You need better lies.

Why the fuck do we have a forum that is moderated[…]

A crime in progress

Crime in Progress is a new book by the founders of[…]

Oh don't under-estimate the MSM. They define the[…]

Macron: Nato is brain-dead

Yes, Europe needs it's own defence architecture b[…]