Thank god for Cuomo - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
Cuomo is giving the country an education on how we should be dealing with this crisis, and his best briefing on it is happening right now.

The CDC worked up a detailed plan for re-opening the country safely, and scientifically. Trump buried it, because he couldn't pull it off, and also didn't want to. Cuomo has a completely transparent system for testing and tracing that could serve as a model for the rest of the county. It's pretty much what we would be doing if we were following the CDC plan.

He explained what the Feds need to do to keep us out of a Great Depression.

You want to get up to speed, watch this:

By fokker
I do not believe Trump should follow CDC and Fauci's plans without questioning them. They do not understand economy, they do not have political responsibility.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52629681

Here Dr. Fauci goes at it again scaremongering people. Guess what we do not want our lives to be controlled by epidemiologists. Where I live they also recommended extreme caution, but government opened up big tool shops. Parking lots were overflowing with cars, long queues inside, people not respecting safe distance in many cases. Chief epidemiologist proceeded to scare people with severe consequences due to this chaotic re-opening but after two weeks new cases dropped to 1/3 of what it was. So much for epidemiologist predictions :lol:

I want the end of lock-down. Forever lockdown cheerleaders can stay at home. I do not want government to control my life and track me, with excuse of a virus being out there somewhere. Viruses have existed for millions of years and we earned the right to live on this planet through evolution. People do not have to get infected if safety rules are followed.
By late
fokker wrote:
I do not believe Trump should follow CDC and Fauci's plans without questioning them. They do not understand economy, they do not have political responsibility.

You're going to re-open without doing your due diligence, and it's going to blow up in your face and make things worse.

Watch the video.
By fokker
late wrote:You're going to re-open without doing your due diligence, and it's going to blow up in your face and make things worse.

It did not happen here. It's so safe here you could come here for your cycling vacation :D

Government planned to improve tracing by having military visit people and have them tested. They also developed android app to trace recent contacts. But there was never real need for it, new cases dropped as economy was re-opening. It puzzled everyone.
By late
fokker wrote:
It did not happen here.

But it will happen here.

Not rocket science, we didn't do a national lockdown or crank up testing up fast enough.

So we have several states where the number of cases is growing (including mine) and the goofier states (like Georgia) are going to have a spike in the number of cases.

Speaking of goofy, following medical advice doesn't lead to a dictator. Ever...

These procedures were developed over the last hundred years, they have to be adapted to this disease, but as Fauci has pointed out, it ain't rocket science.

“The major message that I wish to convey to the Senate HLP committee tomorrow is the danger of trying to open the country prematurely,” he told the New York Times’s Sheryl Gay Stolberg in an email. “If we skip over the checkpoints in the guidelines to: ‘Open America Again,’ then we risk the danger of multiple outbreaks throughout the country. This will not only result in needless suffering and death, but would actually set us back on our quest to return to normal.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/05/12/3-early-takeaways-anthony-faucis-health-officials-testimony/

This is easily defeated if ALL persons are judged[…]

Most European countries haven't had 'publicly deb[…]

@ingliz UUUHHH OHHH! An American hater and co[…]