A plastic canary for your coal mine - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
“When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases.” — President Trump

One of the depressing things about testing for the novel coronavirus is that if you do too many tests, you will start getting more positive results. In fact, sometimes people who once tested negative will test positive! This is the downside to testing, as the president has so wisely observed. It is time we improved it, regarding both the coronavirus and the many other areas of life in which too-good testing leads to misery and general unease. Here are some suggested improvements, following the president’s logic.

Canary in a coal mine: Why keep wasting canaries just to find out whether hazardous gas is leaking around you? What a depressing thing to discover about your mine! With the E-Z Canary, you need never worry about losing a bird again. This canary is plastic and will never die. It will also not give you information about whether your mine has a dangerous leak, which is good. What you don’t know won’t hurt you, probably!

Speedometer: This only goes to 0. Now, you’re never speeding, no matter how fast you’re going!

Burned-out headlights: Don’t you hate when you see something in the road that you’re about to hit? Now you will never have to worry about that again. What a weight off your mind!

Annual physical results: This is just a piece of paper saying that your body is the best body ever and has no flaws. Is it true, at all? Sure! Truth is what your mind makes it.

Not testing for covid-19: Already the numbers are going down! What a relief!"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/15/how-trump-would-fix-other-forms-testing/

An independent autopsy has been requested by the […]

I don't think Americans are as spineless as you […]

I'm so sick of thugs getting away with looting and[…]

You guys basically want to apply a kangaroo-cour[…]