US President 2009 - and how - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Who will be President - and how?

Hillary Clinton (D) vs Mike Huckabee (R) - Clinton wins
11%
Hillary Clinton (D) vs Mike Huckabee (R) - Huckabee wins
No votes
0%
Hillary Clinton (D) vs Rudy Guiliani (R) - Clinton wins
9%
Hillary Clinton (D) vs Rudy Guiliani (R) - Guiliani wins
6%
Barak Obama (D) vs Mike Huckabee (R) - Obama wins
26%
Barak Obama (D) vs Mike Huckabee (R) - Huckabee wins
6%
Barak Obama (D) vs Rudy Guiliani (R) - Obama wins
20%
Barak Obama (D) vs Rudy Guiliani (R) - Guiliani wins
3%
Ron Paul (R)
11%
Other (Please Elaborate)
9%
By stalker
The old one has expired, so let's make a new one. This one will run 30 days.

I've made it more challenging this time though ;)

(Damn why can't we have as many poll options as we bloody well please?)
By stalker
I suspect Hillary Clinton (D) vs Mike Huckabee (R) - Clinton wins. It will be close.

I also think Clinton will defeat Guiliani, as will Obama.

However, if Obama faces off against Huckabee, then Obama will lose.
By Oxymoron
I think Obama will shock Hillary as her war machine realises she is not Bill not even close, and Obama brings out the youngins.

On the Republican side Rudy will win major States to win the nomination.

General Election will be about a great speaker, new Blood Obama versus Rudy's Exprience, and Merit, it will be close I think Rudy will win NY and Florida most of the South and carry the election.
By Beren
Obama beats Giuliani.

I can't imagine Huckabee can really become presidential candidate, good old Giuliani will get the Republican nomination finally.
Obama seems to be a tornado becoming stronger and stronger. He sweeps away anybody who gets it his road. He and Edwards will win the race.
Last edited by Beren on 06 Jan 2008 01:04, edited 1 time in total.
By Zyx
Other.

Clinton Wins.

Maybe the Republican candidate "dies" mid-campaign and the nomination goes to an unknown person since everyone suddenly fell sick, chicken, or dead.

Then Hillary walks into office and I look to her, throw up my thumb and shrug my shoulders to the invisible camera reminding it "that's politics!"

Then I get my cabinet seat in 2012.

*Wakes up.

But yeah, Clinton wins, who cares against who?
By Beren
Hillary's chances look like Howard Dean's in 2004. Although he seemed to be the most probable winner of the Democrat nomination, he actually lost the race at the beginning in Iowa already.
By peter_co
Other: McCain beats Hillary
Personally at the moment I favor Hillary, but I fear that in a general election McCain will win. And I think McCain will be the rep nominee; after he'll win NH tuesday, he will be the forerunner and will run home.
By Beren
Obama had 41 percent, up from 32 percent in mid-December, in a new USA Today/Gallup poll. Clinton was at 28 percent, down from 32 percent. Former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards had 19 percent, New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson had 6 percent, and no other candidate had 3 percent.

On the Republican side, McCain had 34 percent, up from 27 percent in mid-December, while Romney had 30 percent, down from 34 percent. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee was third with 13 percent, while Rep. Ron Paul of Texas and former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani were tied at 8 percent. No other candidate, including former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson, who conceded Sunday he was focusing on South Carolina rather than New Hampshire, was above 3 percent.

Source

It seems I was wrong and Obama will beat McCain instead of Giuliani. ;)
By PredatorOC
My prediction:
Neo-liberal puppet vs. neo-liberal puppet: neo-liberal puppet wins.

What do I win?
When elections come around its basically a decision of who you despise the least and in my case that would be Stephen Colbert. After all he did make fun of George Bush on national television within ten feet of the guy, kudos. Democrats really beat themselves come election time so if you are going to vote, vote Republican. But not just a Republican a fake Republican.
By Praetor
If Rudy Giuliani got the nomination at this point, it would be an enormous upset. I think the GOP will end up falling back on McCain as an old standby. Obama will probably win the nomination at this point. If he wins New Hampshire, he'll be in a tier of his own. If he wins racist South Carolina, he has won the nomination.

Obama will probably win come November.
By bbarett
I'm really glad to see that McCain is apparently not even being considered an option :-P

It's a toss-up right now for me. Hard to call when we've only made our way to New Hampshire just yet. I think (or *hope*) a Democrat comes out on top, I think there is a fairly good chance of that considering people seem to be getting tired of "staying the course." Hilary seems to be an incredibly strong candidate and worthy of the white house...it's all about whether or not she can overcome the huge quantities of people who dislike her so much.
By Nets
It is far too close to say at this point.

On the Democrat Side it will be Hillary or Obama, Republican will be Romney or McCain, democrat wins IMO.

We shall see....

only vacation ? i think many of them moved (avoid[…]

wat0n and Zionists in general playing victim here […]

Michael Jackson was a saint tho and still is, ins[…]

You must die on the hill of ZERO genetic differen[…]