Canadian Sovereignty - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By keso
You gotta admit, this rant is funny.

Love the links in the text on the page too.

http://www.fuckthesouth.com/

Fuck the South. Fuck 'em. We should have let them go when they wanted to leave. But no, we had to kill half a million people so they'd stay part of our special Union. Fighting for the right to keep slaves - yeah, those are states we want to keep.

And now what do we get? We're the fucking Arrogant Northeast Liberal Elite? How about this for arrogant: the South is the Real America? The Authentic America. Really?

Cause we fucking founded this country, assholes. Those Founding Fathers you keep going on and on about? All that bullshit about what you think they meant by the Second Amendment giving you the right to keep your assault weapons in the glove compartment because you didn't bother to read the first half of the fucking sentence? Who do you think those wig-wearing lacy-shirt sporting revolutionaries were? They were fucking blue-staters, dickhead. Boston? Philadelphia? New York? Hello? Think there might be a reason all the fucking monuments are up here in our backyard?

No, No. Get the fuck out. We're not letting you visit the Liberty Bell and fucking Plymouth Rock anymore until you get over your real American selves and start respecting those other nine amendments. Who do you think those fucking stripes on the flag are for? Nine are for fucking blue states. And it would be 10 if those Vermonters had gotten their fucking Subarus together and broken off from New York a little earlier. Get it? We started this shit, so don't get all uppity about how real you are you Johnny-come-lately "Oooooh I've been a state for almost a hundred years" dickheads. Fuck off.

Arrogant? You wanna talk about us Northeasterners being fucking arrogant? What's more American than arrogance? Hmmm? Maybe horsies? I don't think so. Arrogance is the fucking cornerstone of what it means to be American. And I wouldn't be so fucking arrogant if I wasn't paying for your fucking bridges, bitch.

All those Federal taxes you love to hate? It all comes from us and goes to you, so shut up and enjoy your fucking Tennessee Valley Authority electricity and your fancy highways that we paid for. And the next time Florida gets hit by a hurricane you can come crying to us if you want to, but you're the ones who built on a fucking swamp. "Let the Spanish keep it, it’s a shithole," we said, but you had to have your fucking orange juice.

The next dickwad who says, "It’s your money, not the government's money" is gonna get their ass kicked. Nine of the ten states that get the most federal fucking dollars and pay the least... can you guess? Go on, guess. That’s right, motherfucker, they're red states. And eight of the ten states that receive the least and pay the most? It’s too easy, asshole, they’re blue states. It’s not your money, assholes, it’s fucking our money. What was that Real American Value you were spouting a minute ago? Self reliance? Try this for self reliance: buy your own fucking stop signs, assholes.

Let’s talk about those values for a fucking minute. You and your Southern values can bite my ass because the blue states got the values over you fucking Real Americans every day of the goddamn week. Which state do you think has the lowest divorce rate you marriage-hyping dickwads? Well? Can you guess? It’s fucking Massachusetts, the fucking center of the gay marriage universe. Yes, that’s right, the state you love to tie around the neck of anyone to the left of Strom Thurmond has the lowest divorce rate in the fucking nation. Think that’s just some aberration? How about this: 9 of the 10 lowest divorce rates are fucking blue states, asshole, and most are in the Northeast, where our values suck so bad. And where are the highest divorce rates? Care to fucking guess? 10 of the top 10 are fucking red-ass we're-so-fucking-moral states. And while Nevada is the worst, the Bible Belt is doing its fucking part.

But two guys making out is going to fucking ruin marriage for you? Yeah? Seems like you're ruining it pretty well on your own, you little bastards. Oh, but that's ok because you go to church, right? I mean you do, right? Cause we fucking get to hear about it every goddamn year at election time. Yes, we're fascinated by how you get up every Sunday morning and sing, and then you're fucking towers of moral superiority. Yeah, that's a workable formula. Maybe us fucking Northerners don't talk about religion as much as you because we're not so busy sinning, hmmm? Ever think of that, you self-righteous assholes? No, you're too busy erecting giant stone tablets of the Ten Commandments in buildings paid for by the fucking Northeast Liberal Elite. And who has the highest murder rates in the nation? It ain't us up here in the North, assholes.

Well this gravy train is fucking over. Take your liberal-bashing, federal-tax-leaching, confederate-flag-waving, holier-than-thou, hypocritical bullshit and shove it up your ass.

And no, you can't have your fucking convention in New York next time. Fuck off.
By Rancid
^ that is funny. I've seen that before though.

Having traveled the US quite a lot.. i think the nicest people are in the south and the pacific northwest (Oregon, Washington) of the US. Also Texas.

sorry to take this off topic...

On topic:

I've heard that French Canadians are always pissed off. This is from one of my English speaking Canadian friends..

Qatz just seems to reinforce that statement
By Nets
All those Federal taxes you love to hate? It all comes from us and goes to you, so shut up and enjoy your fucking Tennessee Valley Authority electricity and your fancy highways that we paid for. And the next time Florida gets hit by a hurricane you can come crying to us if you want to, but you're the ones who built on a fucking swamp. "Let the Spanish keep it, it’s a shithole," we said, but you had to have your fucking orange juice.

QFT ;)

Here in NJ, we get something like a 50% return on every federal tax dollar. We should be the ones seceding!

And I agree, its getting a little ridiculous rebuilding all these beach houses for morons

Having traveled the US quite a lot.. i think the nicest people are in the south and the pacific northwest (Oregon, Washington) of the US. Also Texas.

In general, I've found niceness increases in all directions away from New York City. Atlanta, Charleston, Chicago, very nice people. New York and Boston....utter assholes.

I've heard that French Canadians are always pissed off. This is from one of my English speaking Canadian friends..

True. I had far nicer experiences with the locals in Niagra Falls, Toronto and Ottowa then I did in Montreal. The French Canadians I encountered were very rude. I attended a model UN conference there and you could feel the anti-americanism dripping off the Quebecois. The English canadians were really nice folks.

Qatz just seems to reinforce that statement

I stopped taking anything Qatz said seriously a long time ago....he is ornery for the sake of being ornery. ;)
By Rancid
LOL at the guy from NJ... don't people call NJ America's arm pit?? :p
By Nets
They do. But at the same time we have the highest population density of any state (so people like something about NJ) and the highest Median Household Income as well in the Union.

No doubt we are polluted, but much of that is blown in from the far dirtier NY as well as the numerous coal power plants in the midwest (PA, OH, IND).

In fact NJ sued Ohio over coal pollution blowing into the garden state
Last edited by Nets on 09 Jan 2008 05:22, edited 1 time in total.
By Ideational Ontarian
This is the problem with Quebec. There is always some boogey man trying to destroy their culture. I sware, if it wasn't for the Confederation, the Quiet Revolution would be known as the Anglophone Holocaust. Quebec is the most xenophobic and racist region in North America. What makes it scary is how they hide it unlike the Deep South.
By Nets
This would be my ideal setup:

Canada, sans Quebec would enter the Union.

The "Deep South" would gain domestic autonomy in a reborn CSA, would still be subject to Federal gov't for environmental and foreign policy.

English Canada and the rest of the US would create a Social-Democratic, moderate, superpower utopia.

By Rancid
what about travel between CSA and USAC? I'm moving to Illinois (new Nazi Germany) in about 6 months. But i will still have strong ties in CSA.

Also, why is North Carolina and kentucky not part of the CSA?

Arrogant republic of Quebec... i like that
By Nets
Rancid:

Travel would be completely open. The CSA would remain part of the USAC, but would be allowed to set its own domestic policy without interference from the rest of us and vice verse. That way they can have their constitutional marriage amendments and guns and we can have our gay marriage decent education systems.

Why is Illinois the new Nazi Germany? I've found people there to be quite nice? :?:

I built the CSA out of the states that seceded before the battle at Fort Sumter....the hardcore south. Therefore, adding TN was an error :hmm: .

I've never really thought of Kentucky, Arkansas, Oklahoma as "true" south....and Virginia and North Carolina are gentrifying enough to merit inclusion in the North, particularly Virginia thanks to Washington DC.
By Rancid
The people are nice (i lived in Chicago last summer). I just hate the politicians and the fear tactics they use to pass shady gun laws (this is for another thread of course lol).

I'm just pissed off I'm not allowed to take my guns with me to IL, or even keep any in my home when i move up there. The only downside to my move up there. :( oh.. and cold ass winters haha.. :(

One thing i noticed though. Is that people on the 'El' (trains) always have smug looks on their face.. like they're pissed.. other than that.. people are nice haha.. it's weird..
By Xopolis
I would like to see Canada's head of state elected, our senate elected, and no connection to a foreign monarch. Wishful thinking, because many Canadians are still traitors.
By Meistro1
"I would like to see Canada's head of state elected, our senate elected, and no connection to a foreign monarch. Wishful thinking, because many Canadians are still traitors."

I agree absolutely on every count. What role do you see for an elected head of state and senate? Ideally I would have both the senate and the head of state given veto power over legislation passed by the house, and put the Head of State as Commander in Chief as well.
By Meistro1
Bonus Youtube vid made by yours truly (my neighbour did the killer editing).

By Nets
Meistro1, a little to libertarian for my taste. You seem like a good guy though, just profoundly different political views than I. Your economic policy makes me look like a communist! :p
By Thunderhawk

Is Vancouver island and a couple islands to the North all that would be left of monarchist Canada?

..acceptable.
By QatzelOk
Arrogant republic of Quebec... i like that

I think "Uppity Republic of Quebec" would be more appropriate.

This is the problem with Quebec. There is always some boogey man trying to destroy their culture.

This "boogey man" has been genociding French-speaking North Americans since it had the capacity to do so. The only reason the Quebecois have survived the anglo-Israelis is because of the French connection, and because England and the US were competing boogey-men for so long.

Whatever happened to French Manitoba, Louis Riel, French Ontario schools, and the Acadian majority? Was it that boogeyman?

And arrogance is a funny word for NJ fan to be using. He doesn't speak a word of French, and wondered why the French-speakers weren't all smiles and handshakes because English is the only language in the world, right non-Arrogant poster?
By Rancid
I think "Uppity Republic of Quebec" would be more appropriate.

that's fine too...
By Thunderhawk
French Ontario schools

They are still here.
Most immigrants send their kids to English only schools.
A few send their kids to French emersion, but those school are still part of the main (english speaking) School board.

The French school board remains, independant of the rest.
By QatzelOk
Thunderhawk, how about the Ontario School Question? In 1890, the Ontario government decided to stop funding French language schools in order to stop this disease dead in its tracks, just like the Indians were stopped by other lovely pieces of Nazi-esque legislation aimed at destroying minority cultures.

This was "the United Canada" trying to get rid of its french-speakers, not the British trying to retain Britishness.

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

how 'the mismeasure of man' was totally refuted.[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]

It very much is, since it's why there's a war in t[…]