Whats your favorite conspiracy theory? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
I thought it would be fun to list some of the more interesting conspiracy theories. So list away what makes you role your eyes when you hear them:)

The Clinton Body Count
http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/bodycount.asp

The Protocols of the Elders of Zion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion

9/11 Truth Movement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_Truth_Movement

Man-made origin of AIDS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS_conspiracy_theories

Contrails Plot
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/resources/basics/2001-03-07-contrails.htm
By keso
This one is obscure, but my favorite is the idea that the Basques of 2000 years ago had an extended lower jaw, and as such could not pronounce a word initial "f," and that is the reason that Modern Spanish does not have words with initial F except for borrowed words...(F became H which then just disappeared).
By Nets
Scientology :lol:

That America never landed on the Moon :eh:

9/11 Truth Movement is particularly good, as these idiots have been debunked by structural engineers again and again.
By Sweeps
I love conspiracies about the US base at Pine Gap.
Some say that Pine Gap has an enormous nuclear generator to supply energy to a new type of transceiver. It seems too that there is a high-powered, high-voltage plasma accelerator which may be put to use to transmit electric current, or even to produce a 'death-ray', or quite simply to feed a plasma gun.

The investigations lead by Sawyer exposed, first, that the new Parliament building is meant to accommodate the world government-to-be; and, second, that the 20 luxury residences will be allocated to the different foreign members of that government... Why choose Canberra as the headquarters of the new world government? Simply because Australia is a peaceful country, with very few natives likely to turn rebellious, and, above all, it's an English speaking country. No other English speaking country can offer the safety Australia will provide at the time of the taking over by the World Government. In Ammeant to accommodate the world government-to-be; and, second, that the 20 luxury residences will be allocated to the different foreign members of that government... Why choose.

You're all going to be our bitches one day. Once we're sober.
By Sulla123
Speaking of Scientology have you seen the new videos that just were leaked?
By NoRapture
I like the conspiracy theory that claims, unless we remain occupying the MiddleEast, secret Islamo-Fascist cells are located all over the West in every major city. When an as yet undiscovered cleric gives the word, crazed terrorists will emerge with explosives and 'dirty nukes' tied around them. After suicidally exploding the devices, hundreds of thousands of al Qaeda troops will pour in, take over all regions, burn all churches, schools, the US flag, pictures of Jesus, Humvees, and Beastie Boys records. Then they'll convert us all to Islam, force us to submit anally to prove we believe, and make us eat dates and yogurt for the rest of our lives.
By Andres
keso wrote:This one is obscure, but my favorite is the idea that the Basques of 2000 years ago had an extended lower jaw, and as such could not pronounce a word initial "f," and that is the reason that Modern Spanish does not have words with initial F except for borrowed words...(F became H which then just disappeared).
That is a very weird theory, specially considering that the F as an initial letter mostly disappeared only in the last few centuries, and why would the Basques have such a influence on castelleno?

NetsFan wrote:That America never landed on the Moon
That belief perplexes me also, even if I would also role my eyes at your choice of words.

Sulla wrote:Contrails Plot
First time I've heard of it, but it does not surprise me. The advent of modern science is not going to magically remove the inclination of many people to invent absurd explanations to natural phenomena.
Last edited by Andres on 22 Jan 2008 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
By Nets
That belief perplexes me also, even if I would also roll my eyes at your choice of words.

Why Andres? :?:

Oh...is it cause I suggested that the entire country landed on the moon? :lol:
By Andres
Oh...is it cause I suggested that the entire country landed on the moon?
Yes. While it is clear what you mean, I usually find it strange when people adjudicate an action to an abstract entity with no capability of action or a larger group of people than were involved (this being an example of the former rather than the latter). Don't get me wrong, I commit the offense myself, but I still find it uncomfortable.
By Todd D.
Widespread batshit crazy theories: Gotta be the 9/11 movement. They put together the pieces in such an odd way that you really just kinda shake your head and say "Look, approach this rationally", yet they never do and just call you a "sheep" who can't see the "truth".

Plus, the crown jewel "documentary" was created as a FICTIONAL movie before some anti-semitic fool threw some money at Dylan Avery and, POOF, he's a believer and he gets famous. What a coincidence.

The moon one is kinda funny, and I actually know a few otherwise intelligent people that believe that one (which surprised me as well). Once you bring up the fact that the Russians would have blown the lid off of it, most of them relent with the exception of the "Global NWO Cold-war-never-happened world-is-run-by-reptiles" crowd, which thankfully I DON'T know.

I also am amused at the "the oil companies know how to make free energy, they just hold the patents so nobody can use them", or "doctors really just make you sicker to keep themselves in business" ones.
By NoRapture
...or "doctors really just make you sicker to keep themselves in business" ones.
Yeah. That's never happened... Eli Lily, sister companies, AMA have never been forced to reveal any side-effect injuries, deaths, or lawsuits due to corporate foot-dragging about the toxic effects of drugs. Just a theory.
By Muslim
Whats your favorite conspiracy theory?

Islamization of Europe.
By Phred
The ongoing Islamization of Europe isn't the result of any conspiracy, though, it is the natural and inevitable result of ease of immigration coupled with high birth rates vs low birth rates and an unbending culture vs a flabby culture. It's not as if anyone is sitting behind the scenes planning the whole thing.

Phred
By Brutus
I've always found funny how so many people are deathly convinced of these conspiracies yet all they do about it is pass the word, they don't try to buy a gun and "save us all".

Why would that be? Do loony-toon stories only appeal to those who are "weak"?
By Mazhi
The Liberal Media - hilarious :lol:
By Monkeydust
Far and away, David Icke's conspiracy theory about the world being run by a few select bloodlines of shape-changing reptiles, of which the Queen of England, George Bush, and Burt Bacherach are all examples.
By Typhoon
Suitcase nukes and where have they all been hidden,

The Kursk was sunk by a US torpedo,

Russia shoots down US spaceships with its Tesla cannon,

Hitler Lives in Argentina (still),

Theres loads that have amused over the years but who could forget my current fav and man of the moment MatthewJ and his resurgence of the evil communist empire threads. :)
Theres loads that have amused over the years but who could forget my current fav and man of the moment MatthewJ and his resurgence of the evil communist empire threads.

No fair, I was also going to say anything that MatthewJ posts. :(

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]

Lies. Did you have difficulty understanding t[…]

Al Quds day was literally invented by the Ayatolla[…]

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]