Iranian couple to travel globe by bicycle to promote peace - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By QatzelOk
most Hollywood elitists support a world view similar to your own.

Most Hollywood celebs have managers who they depend on to find roles. And these managers tell them a lot more than how much vaseline to put on their capped teeth (which are also manufactured).

Iranian cyclists have only their paniers and skinny rubber tires to carry them.
By dgun
And these managers tell them a lot more than how much vaseline to put on their capped teeth (which are also manufactured).

But who sets the overall vegetarian, gay, whale saving Hollywood agenda?

*realizes something*

Oh...my...God! :eek:

Somehow it all comes full circle.

:lol:
By QatzelOk
**epilogue**

So while Hollywood celebs bark out the platitudes that their writers and managers feed them (they're actors!), Iranian cyclists peddle their feet off trying to spread an authentic, from-the-heart message of peace on earth.

It is a stunningly beautiful message that can make anyone find the magic in their heart, an incredible tribute to the redemptive powers of the human soul that lifts you up, and keeps you there for the entire thrill ride.

Two bike-gloved peace-loving thumbs up!
By AmericanPatriot
Qatz I'm pretty sure everything is a conspiracy to you. Can you not just see stuff at face value?
By Far-Right Sage
Why is this surprising to anyone?

Iran is a country in which the government is somewhat militaristic(and might I add, unrealistic) in its ambitions, but a sizeable amount of the people do not wish to see conflict between their nation and the United States or the United Kingdom, because it can only spell domestic death and a loss of Iranian influence abroad.
By QatzelOk
AmeriPat wrote:Qatz I'm pretty sure everything is a conspiracy to you.

I guess I would be less paranoid if every second thread wasn't about some horrible thing happening ...in Iran ...involving Iranians... with the support of Iran.

This kind of monolithic view of a particular nation is a type of propaganda that isn't very helpful to the human condition.

On the other hand, here you have two Iranian non-celebs biking for peace. Don't forget that there are more of these types of Iranians than there are Mullahs holding flamethrowers.
By Nets
Qatz wrote:On the other hand, here you have two Iranian non-celebs biking for peace. Don't forget that there are more of these types of Iranians than there are Mullahs holding flamethrowers.

Very very true, Qatz. It appears to be the case in the texts that I read that the average Iranian is a very level-headed, progressive sort. Persia has traditionally been a pretty tolerant place.

But the issue is not the make-up of the Iranian people, it is the makeup of the higher levels of the Iranian government, for which the
Mullahs holding flamethrowers
are the certain majority.
By Grunch
Do Iranian cyclists have the rear brake lever on the left hand side of the handlebars or the right?

I have the front brake lever on the right. It's more intuitive for me.
By Thompson_NCL
Besides, I don't see this. Iranians speaking out against violence and terror is like Scots speaking out against obesity.

The irony! You realise that the USA is listed as the 9th most obese nation on the planet, and the UK comes in at 28th. And of course, you also have the CIA, Iraq War and so forth.

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

Yes, and it did not order a ceasefire. Did you ev[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]