Homosexualism: biological or social-influenced? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Homosexualism: biological or social-influenced?

Biological
39%
Social-influenced
27%
Neither
5%
Other (Specify)
29%
By Zyx
Stop with these degenerate polls please.

http://www.politicsforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85880

For one thing, this is a stupid side debate that has no political significance, and for another it was already done and it failed as a thread miserably. Just one stupid side contesting with another stupid side on this irrelevant issue brought into importance because people would rather a feud over an irrelevant social issue then the fact that we are over in Iraq killing families to protect families in Israel.

Please. Stop with the degenerate polls! >:

This is your first warning. >: >: >:
By Brutus
More so socially influenced.

Ownd Kumatto.
By Nets
I voted other, I think it is both.

Kumatto wrote:Stop with these degenerate polls please.

Calling polls about homosexuals "degenerate" is pretty homophobic and bigoted of you. They are not degenerate, they are human beings that are different from you. :roll:

Ibid wrote:.....because people would rather a feud over an irrelevant social issue then the fact that we are over in Iraq killing families to protect families in Israel.

That may suit your ideology, but the facts are different. If Israel had its way we'd be in Iran, not Iraq right now.
This is from antiwar.com, hardly a Zionist propaganda machine. You should check it out.

Sorry to derail your thread Oblisk ;)
By Donna
Neither - the 'cause' of homosexuality will always remain a mystery. There is no consolidated physiological/psychological current that applies to every individual who self-identifies as homosexual.
By W01f
It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of ignorance. The only valid answer is "I don't know", with the option of adding "it doesn't matter".

Polls like this amount to absolutely nothing.
By Donna
Attacking a poll is kind of clique. Just browse through all the poll titles on this forum.
By Dr House
Other

I'd say it can be both/either. "Both" really should have been an option. I've met people who are gay by choice, but many others, like my mum for example, are naturally gay. However, I'd also say it's more likely to be biological because by general rule attraction tends not to be a choice.
By Andres
Other: Although I would be inclined to say both, I have not read any academic material on the subject, nor do I care to read about it.
By Quercus Robur
I think it probably is Biological: high rates of family occurance, prevails all sorts of repression, assumes integral part of identity, fluffy theory for it being included in evolution, present in animals etc

because I think a sexuality that is whole cannot be inculcated in any way it must be something inherent.
By Galoredk
I hardly think anyone grows up wanting to be homosexual, especially with the amount of prejudice that has followed homosexuality in the last hundreds of years.

I would argue that it is biologically, simply because it is not something, people wish for. Even in Iran, where you get executed for homosexuality there are homosexuals. I am pretty sure they are so biologically and not due to some social wish or influence.
By Thunderhawk
I believe it can be either, and at times both.

As the above two posters have stated, homosexuality has continued to show up in societies that condemn and oppress homosexuality. - this is a strong pro-biological stance.

Homosexuality is a behaviour, most behaviours can be learned. So I believe homosexuality can be socially learned too.
By sazerac
Other, it is a God given trait just like any other trait that makes people the way they will be for the rest of their life starting as babies. Some would call this the soul.
By Zyx
NetsNJFan87 wrote:That may suit your ideology, but the facts are different. If Israel had its way we'd be in Iran, not Iraq right now.
This is from antiwar.com, hardly a Zionist propaganda machine. You should check it out.

That was a pitiful attempt at refuting me as many do say that Iraq is a strategic position . . . strategic for what? Maybe to attack Iran? I do not know.

Anyway, that was not what I was saying at all in this post. What I was saying is that meager debates are a distraction on real debates like "Why are we in Iraq?"

I did not say that I was ideologically in par with the reason, just that the homosexual debate is one that is useless in allowing us to know why we are in.

Also, I hope you were joking about calling me a homophobe, and when you do joke the "roll eye" is an inappropriate emoticon, the "tongue stick" is more appropriate. Otherwise people think you are an idiot for reading basic sentences so improperly.

After all, I do not see where I have called homosexuals degenerate; I called the poll a REPEAT and said that the poll leads to a meager debate i.e. whether homosexuality is social or genetic.

The answer to the question is "whatever accounts for heterosexuality" and any deviant answer is abominable.
By Nets
Kummatto wrote:Also, I hope you were joking about calling me a homophobe, and when you do joke the "roll eye" is an inappropriate emoticon, the "tongue stick" is more appropriate. Otherwise people think you are an idiot for reading basic sentences so improperly.

Yes, I was joking. Anyways, English is naturally ambiguous language, so my reading wasn't invalid, even when based on context. You described to polls discussing homosexuality as degeneracy, a natural term used by the right to describe homosexuality as well. You should be more careful when picking your adjectives. Maybe next time try "perverted" or "deviant" polls.

Also, I have a hard time taking emoticon advice from someone who used ( >: ) four (!) times in his trolling post.

That was a pitiful attempt at refuting me as many do say that Iraq is a strategic position . . . strategic for what? Maybe to attack Iran? I do not know.

How so, you asserted we are in Iraq for Israel and I asserted otherwise. If you wish to debate actual points of that response I'd be happy to do so but your blanket brush-aside pretty much shows you got nothing.
By Manuel
Homosexual preferences are biological.

Homosexual "culture" is social.
By Mazhi
Evidence points towards 'biological'.
By W01f
Even in Iran, where you get executed for homosexuality there are homosexuals.

You have been misinformed >:
By Zyx
NetsNJFan87 wrote:How so, you asserted we are in Iraq for Israel and I asserted otherwise. If you wish to debate actual points of that response I'd be happy to do so but your blanket brush-aside pretty much shows you got nothing.

I have a poll that addresses this, but I do see Israel as an American ally and one that America would defend against aggressors.

I thought that was common knowledge, but if it is something debatable then you are right that I have nothing.

Your characterization of the Russian invasion of […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We don't walk away from our allies says Genocide […]

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]