Kurt Cobain - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By | I, CWAS |
Kurt s the greatest musician ever. I do believe he committed suicide, but I'm concerned that there are people in the world that pretend that Kurt isn't the greatest rockstar ever.
By Nets
You're joking right?
By Abood
Calling him the greatest musician ever is quite... well, subjective.

And if you believe that he committed suicide, all you have to do is go to www.cobaincase.com . It was written by Tom Grant, the private investigator Courtney Love hired when Kurt died, whom she fired soon after. It provides the evidence Grant found. You can read it and decide for yourself.
By millie_(A)TCK
I never got him whilst he was still Alive and I still don't. Grunge was so damn overrated and " Teen Spirit" though catchy has the stupidest lyrics ever.

Axel Rose is my favourite rock star or rather the late 80's and early 90's Axel. When the hell will Chinese Democracy ever come out?
By Abood
Teen Spirit actually has meaning, if you listen to it carefully. Nirvana's songs aren't known to be easily understandable, but if you actually know the story behind them, you'd understand them. That's the beauty of them, really. Mysterious, personal art is one of the greatest forms of art.

But truth is, even Kurt didn't like that song.
By millie_(A)TCK
Teen Spirit is all about apathy. I got that much, still there are better ways to highlight apathy in words than:

A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My libido
Yea
By Abood
The idea of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' came when someone said that he smells like Teen Spirit. It's a play on words. It's essentially about the "teen spirit" and the party life. The words you quoted are pretty accurate descriptions of a party, IMO.
By millie_(A)TCK
The idea of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' came when someone said that he smells like Teen Spirit. It's a play on words. It's essentially about the "teen spirit" and the party life. The words you quoted are pretty accurate descriptions of a party, IMO.

The idea of the song didn't come from someone telling him he smelled like Tommy Hilfiger's Teen Spirit. The name of the song did. He had already written the song when the friend made that remark about him, he took it because he hadn't yet decided what to title the song.
By millie_(A)TCK
It doesn't matter. Axl thinks that the name of the band is important, not the band itself. Chinese Democracy is going to be a total flop.

Axl isn't Michael Jackson and the issue here to me isn't sales as much as quality.

I believe in you Axl!
By Abood
Well, still, the title fits the song. That's the point of a title.
By Lensky1917
Axl isn't Michael Jackson and the issue here to me isn't sales as much as quality.

I believe in you Axl!

Apparently he can't even sing as well anymore. Plus, with how long it's taking you can tell that he doesn't have anything up his sleeve.

I'm a Slash fan anyway. 8)
By millie_(A)TCK
I'm a Slash fan anyway.

Slash is who got me addicted to Rock when I was 4 years old!! I saw him live in a festival in Holland. His performance with Velvet Revolver wasn't as raw as I wanted. It was so choreographed and professional it took the raw rock aspect out of it.

His chords will remain my faveourite of all time but when it comes to live guitar perfomances praise be to Tom Morello. My lord that man is a guitar god. I was right up to the stage, he played for me and my lil sis with audioslave, and we were just flabbergasted. What he can do with a guitar defies music law. I'm so exicted RATM is back. I hope they play Toronto soon, If not I'am forced to fly back to NL this summer to catch em on one of their european festival gigs.
By Lensky1917
I think alot of Slash's excellent guitar playing came from him doing drugs to be honest. ;) From what I have seen, guys tend to mellow out when they get a woman.
By Nets
I've yet to see Rock guitarists better than Robert Fripp (King Crimson) or Steve Howe (Yes), or Jan Akkerman (Focus).
By amanamuse
Sorry, CWAS et al, but Kurt Cobain was just an average artist. I'm begging you all to give up on this delusion.
By millie_(A)TCK
I think alot of Slash's excellent guitar playing came from him doing drugs to be honest. Wink From what I have seen, guys tend to mellow out when they get a woman.

What is up with the women bashing on this forum? Grow up.

Just as there are guy who mellowed down after deciding to settle into a relationship there are also guys who became inspired and invigorated by being in a steady relationship.
Last edited by millie_(A)TCK on 05 Apr 2008 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
By Lensky1917
What is up with the women bashing on this forum? Grow up.

Did I say that mellowing out was a bad thing? :roll: Hell, it would probably save his life. Which would certainly give people more time to appreciate his music.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]