What is the biggest threat to your country? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

What do you think is the biggest threat to your country?

Terrorism
2%
Economic downturn / Unemployment
25%
Immigration
10%
Global warming
12%
Pandemia
3%
Alien invasion
7%
Poor education
20%
War
2%
Other
19%
By Dr House
Depends on what you mean by "my country". If it's my country of origin it's economic downturn/unemployment. Puerto Rico has a labour participation rate of 45%, an unemployment rate of 12%, an inflation rate of 6% a year, and as of 2007 it formally entered a recession.

If you mean my country of residence, I'd say it's poor education. The US economy is resilient. It looks to be in for a bumpy ride, but it still has one of the highest employment rates in the World, not to mention one of the highest payscales. On the other hand, the quality of public education is steadily going into the shitter, and throwing money at the problem doesn't seem to be helping. War is also a big worry, but the war is occurring outside our borders, so while it's an urgent problem that needs fixing it's not the most terrible problem.
By Doomhammer
Other: Its citizens.

Alright alright, fine...

Terrorism and poor education are pretty much equal in terms of their potential danger.
By NoRapture
I voted economic downturn. Poor education, or a growth of the already existing religious-cult education we have today would be next on my list of fears. An insane mob of furious murdering Christians, Muslims and Jews burning everything in its path wouldn't be a war. It would be a riot of overpopulated apes.
Last edited by NoRapture on 05 Apr 2008 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
By Nets
Global warming
By Le Rouge
It's a triad of doom: war, economic downturn, and poor education. :hmm:
By pikachu
The collapse of oil price is the biggest threat to Azerbaijan, among all the other threats listed above.

War is somewhat of a threat, but not so much. We may survive another war against Armenia, but we won't survive the drop in oil demand.

Another likely threat is that of environmental collapse, but I'm not too sure of the likelyhood of this.
By Thunderhawk
By Abood
What do you mean by my "country"? The royal family? The economic elite? The people? Who exactly?
With all of America's celebrities, I have determined that the biggest threat to America and the world is an Alien Invasion.

You see, America is really the place where all celebrities like to conglomerate. These celebrities are influential people who turn everyone around them into total morons. The aliens intend to invade America so they can take over the world.
By Abood
If it's the state, then, well, the Kuwaiti state is pretty darn safe. I don't see any threats against it.
By Rancid
i voted education. That's what has gotten America into it's current pitiful state.
By pikachu
With all of America's celebrities, I have determined that the biggest threat to America and the world is an Alien Invasion.

You see, America is really the place where all celebrities like to conglomerate. These celebrities are influential people who turn everyone around them into total morons. The aliens intend to invade America so they can take over the world.

The flow of your logic here is like a dream of Kashpirovsky in a condition of severe intoxication :P

By the way, the option which you have chosen does not exist in this poll.

If it's the state, then, well, the Kuwaiti state is pretty darn safe. I don't see any threats against it.

If US withdraws from Iraq, your country might be in some trouble.

i voted education. That's what has gotten America into it's current pitiful state.

Do you expect it to get even worse?
By Rancid
Do you expect it to get even worse?

Until we revamp the school system... yes
By stalker
From a Russian perspective...

I vote Pandemia, say if the H5N1 virus mutates into something threatning to humans like in 1918.

Otherwise...

Terrorism

Negligible, and anyone who says different, practically anywhere, has been brainwashed by the government. Probably more people die from car accidents every year than have ever been killed by terrorism.

Considering the economy is booming, there's a double surplus and 0.5tn $ in FOREX reserves, I'd say - not a threat.

Immigration

Nope.

Global warming

It will only benefit Russia. Otherwise, that's what I'd choose if I was in just about any country outside Russia or Canada.

Alien invation

No comment.

Poor education

Russia is relatively well-educated

War

Perhaps a distant second to pandemia, but I don't really envision anything big (ie with NATO or China) blowing over any time soon.
By peter_co
Poor Education
I think poor education is probably the most important long term threat to the prosperity of the United States. The inadequate educational system has already lowered the competitiveness of US workers. The Unites States has long relied on the immigration of qualified workers to offset this problem, but this cannot remain a solution indefinitely. Unless the US can figure out how to address this impeding crisis (and have the political willpower and unity to act), it could dampen the prospects of the country for decades to come.

Doesn't he have billions in Truth social (you pos[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]