Why I DISLIKE America (by an Angry European) - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Maas
It also has the best soft-ice-cream distribution network in the world.

I think the top leaders in ice-cream distribution are
Unilever and Nestlé (a Dutch and Swiss)
the manufactures of Ben en Jerry's, magnums and cornetto's calippo's solero's etc etc etc
By noemon
Wraith, where are you from?
By soron
The "The Ten Rules of the "Blame America First" Mindset" thread would indicate that he's not European but American - possibly some military guy deployed in Europe.
By NoRapture
The "The Ten Rules of the "Blame America First" Mindset" thread would indicate that he's not European but American - possibly some military guy deployed in Europe.
Or some guy living with his mom in a double-wide in Missouri.
By Onion Poptarts
nice post.

Missouri isn't the state know for its lushes acres of free roaming trailers. Your thinking of West Virginia or judging by the fact that you used Missouri, you were trying to say Mississippi. When talking about Missouri in a negative way people usually say "another day of freezing my eye lids close in the state of Misery"
By PBVBROOK
There wouldn't even be a space program, if it wasn't for the russians supplying the INTERNATIONAL space station keeping it up and running after that Columbia disaster

Your anti-American attitude has led you astray again.

Try looking at the news for a moment. With your glasses.

Shall we discuss the mars programs?

So you think that because the Russians are temporarily doing supply missions to the Space Station that we would not have a space program?

Get a grip Maas. This is not your best work.

Try googling NASA :roll:
By NoRapture
When talking about Missouri in a negative way people usually say "another day of freezing my eye lids close in the state of Misery"
Actually I like Missouri, and the location of the imagined double-wide wasn't meant to have any connotation. Other than the middle of the country somewhere.
By Maas
Shall we discuss the mars programs?

what about it?

So you think that because the Russians are temporarily doing supply missions to the Space Station that we would not have a space program?

I don't think that, that's a fact. A space station aint plug and play equipment. Nasa dropped out for 2,5 years. That would have killed the program if it wasn't for the Russians. And there is nothing temporarily about the Russian presence in that space station because it's partially theirs + it got Mir modules.
By Ash Faulkner
An excellent post.
By Piano Red
Thread of the Week. Brilliant Satire my friend. Brilliant.

Dumbteen
Given how US policies have turned out in the Mideast I don't think criticism of America has been particularly 'irrational'...

Given how European policies (which predate American ones FYI) have turned out, i'd say it is.

Syphodias
Look at number two
https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... 1rank.html

Some words of wisdom for you:

1.) The EU is not a country.
2.) NAFTA has a higher GDP.

QatzelOK
It also has the best soft-ice-cream distribution network in the world.

And this is important because...?

It makes children smile??

W01f
Boring. It would have been better if you actually managed to convince us that you really are a European and you're not just writing a parody, while still making the same ironic points albeit in a more subtle manner. Now that would be a worthwhile post. This however is just more of the same old whining by an obvious American who's had his feelings hurt one too many times on internet forums.

Are you....*lowers voice*...insecure?

Maas
There wouldn't even be a space program, if it wasn't for the russians supplying the INTERNATIONAL space station keeping it up and running after that Columbia disaster

Sure there would.

The ISS doesn't comprise the entirety of the US Space Program. Not by a long shot.

If everybody kept busy with only their personal failures, than why have a democracy? If everybody kept busy with only domestic problems, than how do you suppose to stop the evil in the world? Actually suggesting that you don't critizise anybody else except in your immediate surroudings, is like a censure and asking to give up your freedom of speech.

Not really.

Just because you don't like to hear what he says when he uses his right to freedom of speech doesn't make what he said any less relevant.

NoRapture
Or some guy living with his mom in a double-wide in Missouri.

You're an idiot....

Everyone knows that up haare in roral Missery everibuudy live in triiple-waades!
By stalker
@wraith,

I live in a European country that only has the GNP of a couple of U.S. states.

What this ignores is that the US has several rather big advantages over most European nations, namely a) much cheaper land due to lower population density and relative lack of zoning restriction, b) economies of scale due to there being one huge market for capital, labor and products, c) having the dollar as the world's reserve currency, which allows unnaturally high consumption, d) it doesn't have fuel taxes, as in most European countries. Even so it's GDP per capita per hour is not significantly better than, say, France. The US has a bigger GDP mostly because Americans work longer. I also won't go into the fact that wealth is much more unequitably distributed there.

America has the best space program in the world, eight of the top ten Universities in the world and they make up about 25% of the total world economy.

No 25%, somewhat less than 20% as of today (in PPP). How do you quantify that their space program is "the best"? Finally, university rankings are subjective and of limited value, as I've written on this topic before.

Not to mention that my forefathers fought so poorly and surrendered so quickly that US troops had to spill their blood on our soil to bail us out.

I seriously doubt you are European. If you are you have one heck of an inferiority complex.

I never gave a damn about the Iraqi people while Saddam Hussein was killing them off by the thousands and I never cared about the abuses that went on at Abu Ghraib until the U.S. military became the new managers of it...Everytime the U.S. military unintentionally kills civilians I make sure I post a thread about it here to condemn it, yet whenever an Iraqi "freedom fighter" straps a suicide bomb to himself and intentionally targets innocent civilians I'm strangely unconcerned.

The US is judged by its own standards, which it claims are higher than Saddam's Iraq's. If it doesn't want this, it can just declare itself a rogue state and people will shut up...at least on this point.

In conclusion,

[
By Syphodias
Some words of wisdom for you:

1.) The EU is not a country.
2.) NAFTA has a higher GDP.

I never actually claimed the EU was a country, I was just trying to illustrate how European countries aren't solely dependent on the US.

Plus although NAFTA has a higher GDP it's mainly a trading bloc and doesn't have the same political and legislative ambitions as the EU.

Damn
By Maas
The ISS doesn't comprise the entirety of the US Space Program. Not by a long shot.

oh realy? Big suprize to me. :roll:
By W01f
Are you....*lowers voice*...insecure?

Insecure about what? I'm not a European.
By NoRapture
You're an idiot....Everyone knows that up haare in roral Missery everibuudy live in triiple-waades!
It's confusing. They live in double-wides. Their mom's are triple-wide.
By QatzelOk
Maas wrote:I think the top leaders in ice-cream distribution are Unilever and Nestlé (a Dutch and Swiss)
the manufactures of Ben en Jerry's, magnums and cornetto's calippo's solero's etc etc etc

Maas, this is where you reveal yourself as a Eurosnob.

I was talking about softice cream: the stuff that drips from a big machine and makes a nice little curl when you remove the yellow cardboard-flavored cone from the plastic spigot.

This is very well distributed by Dairy Queen and Mister Softee, along with several mobile ice cream truck armies that often play music that hypnotizes children into whiny obesity.

The ubiquitousness of soft ice cream in America is comparable to its pride in its space program. Who cares? While the US shoots a few lucky jock assholes into space, it is destroying the planet we humans can actually live on without million-dollar oxygen suits.

wiki wrote:It was invented by a chemical research team in Britain that discovered a method of doubling the amount of air in ice cream, which allowed manufacturers to use less of the actual ingredients, thereby reducing costs.
Last edited by QatzelOk on 02 May 2008 08:31, edited 1 time in total.
By NoRapture
The ubiquitousness of soft ice cream in America is comparable to its pride in its space program. Who cares? While the US shoots a few lucky jock assholes into space, it is destroying the planet we humans can actually live on without million-dollar oxygen suits.
Actually, there is very little really good soft-serve left in America. Dairy Queen has strong-armed virtually all it's commercial competitors out of business. Next to 9/11 I think this is one of our great tragedies. Some of the old soft-serve machines can still be found working at a precious few roadside Buffets. But the old golden colored, icy soft serve of yesteryear has pretty much disappeared. All we have now is the plutonium-based Dairy Queen product to stir memories of the good old days.

I'm sure Obama is way too elitist to ever consider government grants to start up some of the old soft-serve companies again.
By NYYS
Dairy Queen isn't bad. Then again I might be too young to remember the times before they seized power and created an impenetrable monopoly. I simply have nothing to compare it against.
By NoRapture
I simply have nothing to compare it against.
Yeah. If you leave a Dairy Queen cone uneaten it doesn't melt. It sets up. Like a cake. Dairy Queen declared preemptive war against all competitors and Shock and Awed them into submission with nuclear buy-outs.

I think all nations should be judged by the quality of their soft serve.
By Lupiris
That is a good post.

Now heres why I hate both sides of the argument. Too much assuming... "The rich hate the poor because of this." "The poor hate the rich because of this." "Europeans hate us because of this".. what ever it is. Its way too much assuming and way to much grape-vine animosity. We're a world playing telephone trying to read each others thoughts. We're all insecure and trying to figure out why everyone hates us or why we should hate them or whatever.

Rather then sitting and trying to assume what others think, or why, or what others are doing, or reason to hate each other or whatever, why not actually use the technology infront of us and talk to each other?

That all being in respons to the responses I've read to the original post.

One of the things thats bugs me the most, I've talked to people in England who have gone on and on about the U.S. government, and have been bluntly pompous on the topic saying what they think is right and whats wronge with the people of America. But what about their own government? What about the fact that the British government is in Iraq too? Or that they're political system is just as messed up as ours? American's are getting a lot of shit for not doing enough or for our government, but to those that aren't American, honestly what are -you- doing to make your government better? If you care so much about how bad the U.S. government is, then stop blaming every American you see and help us find a way to make it better... If your agrument against that is that you can't help us make it better, all I can say is shut up and deal with your own government..

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]