Iran wants to kill all the Jews? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Interesting observation from Trita Parsi, Treacherous Alliance: The Secret Dealings of Israel, Iran, and the United States (New Haven: Yale UP, 2007).

p. 8

Following the revolution, Khomeini issued a fatwa saying that Jews were to be protected (http://www.sephardicstudies.org/iran.html)

"Few Iranian Jews take Ahmad.'s anti-Israel rhetoric seriously..."

p. 9

No synogogue, Hebrew school, Jewish library, hospital, cemetary, etc. has been touched by the regime, meanwhile a Jewish member of Iranian parliament, Maurice Mohtamed publicly condemns Ahmad.'s remarks, as does Haroun Yashayaei, chairman of Iran's Jewish Council7.
By NYYS
I don't think they care about Jews, particularly. It's Israeli Jews that rub them the wrong way. You know, the ones that faked the Holocaust so they could oppress Arabs :roll:
By stalker
Iranian Jews have nothing to fear for the foreseeable future, as long as the international scene remains ordered and Israel and/or the US remain strong actors.
By Oxymoron
Why would they want to kill the Jews? What good would it do them?

I dont know how about you ask the Germans.
By Thompson_NCL
I concur with the above; Iran hates Israel, not necessarily the Jewish people as a whole. After all, many of the Jews in Iran openly denounce Israel.
By Manuel
Iran has the largest Jewish population in Asia outside of Israel. It is the Israelis the Iranians have a problem with, not Jews.
By QatzelOk
I dont know how about you ask the Germans.

And if they won't tell you, ask the Romans.

And so on. And so on.

And she told two friends...
By Sapper
I concur with the above; Iran hates Israel, not necessarily the Jewish people as a whole. After all, many of the Jews in Iran openly denounce Israel.

Iran has the largest Jewish population in Asia outside of Israel. It is the Israelis the Iranians have a problem with, not Jews.

Therefore, if Iran and Ahmadinejad do not hate Jews, they can neither be anti-semitic nor genocidal.

That was my point. Everyone necessarily agrees then.

In my view, Admad.'s flamatory rhetoric is just rhetoric. He is a hardliner, and hardliners are aggressive in pursuing their foreign policy goals. He seeks the expansion of his country's influence and power, and so is using the classic strategy of rallying the Arabs to him by denouncing Israel and the U.S., and with especially strong rhetoric. Does anyone seriously think Iran would attempt an attack on Israel? Not to mention Israel would be able to defend itself, with, you know, that big, capable military they have, that gets bragged about all the time.
By FallenRaptor
^ Not to mention that Ahmadinejad has no control over any part of Iran's military forces. The chances of Iran attacking Irsael or the US are about as high as the chances of Cuba & Venezuela invading Florida.
By NYYS
I concur with the above; Iran hates Israel, not necessarily the Jewish people as a whole.

I think it's kind of a mix. It's well documented that they deny the Holocaust and generally see it as a big hoax, by Jews, to put Jews in Israel. So I think they clearly don't like a large number of Jews, and they are defining that group by their Jewishness. But, the Jews that they don't feel were involved in oppressing them are clearly no threat to them, even in their ridiculous fantasy world.
By Nets
After all, many of the Jews in Iran openly denounce Israel.

And a whole bunch more fled Iran to either Israel or the USA.

Plus I'd like some evidence of this. AFAIK Jews in Iran avoid the whole topic cause they'll get shit from both sides.
The chances of Iran attacking Irsael or the US are about as high as the chances of Cuba & Venezuela invading Florida.

You're ignoring the proxy war two summers ago between Iran and Israel.
By Maxim Litvinov
Actually, the evidence suggests that even the more radical Iranian leaders accept the historical nature of the Holocaust. What they deny is that the Holocaust should be seen (and is seen) as some ongoing justification for the dispossession and oppression of Arab people by the state of Israel.
By Goddess
justification for the dispossession and oppression of Arab people by the state of Israel.

Yes. They are still deluded. There is no dispossession or oppression of the Arab people by Israel.
By Maxim Litvinov
:lol: Kindof ironic that it's the same people that get so uppity about supposed 'Holocaust denial' who are the first to deny there is any problem with Israel's actions in the Middle East.
By Holt
goddess wrote:There is no dispossession or oppression of the Arab people by Israel.

lol, are you a joke account? :lol:
By PBVBROOK
Iranian Jews have nothing to fear for the foreseeable future, as long as the international scene remains ordered and Israel and/or the US remain strong actors.

True. Iran is walking a fine line and I think they know it.
By JFaulkner
Goddess wrote:There is no dispossession or oppression of the Arab people by Israel.

er .......... never mind
By Verv
A lot of regimes have rhetoric and then they have the views for when the tire meets pavement.

Destruction of all Jews is an utterly irrational viewpoint and though anti-Jewish rhetoric appeals to the masses it is not something easily actualized in praxis.

Everybody is a little bit mixed.

There are some here who are applying for permanen[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So if they are disarming the Ukrainian army why i[…]

The IDF did not raid the hospital until February 1[…]