Anti-smoke activists claim that smoking reduces penile size - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
BBCImage wrote:
Health

Penis shock tactics 'could cut smoking'

Penis size: a new weapon for the anti-smokers?

The anti-smoking lobby has called for research showing that smoking could reduce the size of a man's erect penis to be used in health warnings on cigarette packets.

Action on Smoking and Health (Ash) believes that targeting sexual performance may be a very effective way to persuade people to stop smoking.

Clive Bates, director of Action on Smoking and Health (Ash) said: "There may be people out there who don't care at all about the risk of getting cancer later on, but might be really upset if they thought it was interfering with their sex life.

"The advantage of the penis from a communications point of view, is that it is easy to imagine it shrivelled up and shrunken, whereas damage to other vital organs such as the heart is much less obvious or easy to visualise."

Blood vessel damage

Smokers may risk many health problems

Smokers may risk many health problems
Preliminary findings of a study of 200 male volunteers by researchers from the Boston University School of Medicine show men who smoked were likely to have a shorter erect penis.

Smoking is believed to damage blood vessels, inhibiting the blood flow to the penis. It may also effect elastin, a substance needed to obtain an erection.

'Waste of time'

Majorie Nicholson, director of the Freedom Organisation for the Right to Enjoy Smoking Tobacco, questioned whether the research produced valid results.

"How would you perform under those circumstances?" she said. "It sounds likes a complete and utter waste of time and money.

"For the anti-smokers to resort to this smacks of desperation and indicates a rather shallow attitude towards human relationships. As every problem page will tell you, size isn't everything."

Mr Bates said smokers should also be made aware that the habit resulted in reduced endurance and stamina, gum disease, tooth loss, snoring, grey skin, wrinkles, halitosis. lowered sperm count and damaged sperm.

:lol: :lol:
By Captain Sam
I approve of this message.
Smoking is extremely destructive. Both of my parents are chain smokers. I have breathing problems from all the second hand smoke I have to inhale every day.

Whatever will convince people to stop smoking, is a-okay in my books.
By QatzelOk
Smoking shrinks your penis, and driving a car turns your ass into jello.

Tiny dicks and jello asses are a bi-product of Adam Smith's work and the ideology it spawned.
By nilof
:lol: :lol:

I believe that the soviets did have cars and cigarettes available though, so it's not exclusive to capitalism.
By Nets
Smokers have a right to smoke all they want; at the same time taxpayers should have the right to not pay the medical bills of smokers in the event of socialized healthcare.
By QatzelOk
Smokers have a right to smoke all they want;

No one is saying that they don't, Strawmanets.

They are just saying that it's important that smokers be aware that their penis is shrinking with each puff. They have a democratic right to be reminded of the sexual damage caused by their industrial addictions.

Cartons of cigarettes should just include a rubber strap-on for smokers to place in their pants for the duration of that carton (1 week). The mass production of these rubber prosthetics could employ the millions of laid-off auto workers. And smokers could get some of their Darwinian self-esteem back.
By NoRapture
Cartons of cigarettes should just include a rubber strap-on for smokers to place in their pants for the duration of that carton (1 week). The mass production of these rubber prosthetics could employ the millions of laid-off auto workers. And smokers could get some of their Darwinian self-esteem back.
:lol: CAUTION: Cigarette smoking may shrink your penis size and may cause erectile dysfunction.

I think poorer members of our society who smoke should definitely be provided by the State with rubber dildos.
By canchin
Seems more like the anti-smoking terrorists have just a little penis envy.

These poor little self-righteous twits really need to get a life and perhaps go after the real health problems like processed sugar being shoved down the throats of unsuspecting babies, toddlers and children by their ignorant parental units, that lead to a lifetime of disease and early death.

How about stopping the abuse of prescription drugs by adults and those same sick parental units that shove drugs like Ritalin down the throats of their spawn to keep their spawn compliant and uncomplaining so mommy and daddy can abuse drugs like alcohol and uppers and downers in peace and quite?

Maybe they could marshal their self-righteous asses and fight against Iatrogenic deaths, the number one cause of death just in the States and equally problematic in almost all countries that are partially controlled by the disease-establishment. This from:

The American Medical System
Is The Leading Cause Of Death And Injury In The United States
By Gary Null PhD, Carolyn Dean MD ND, Martin Feldman MD, Debora Rasio MD, Dorothy Smith PhD

A definitive review and close reading of medical peer-review journals, and government health statistics shows that American medicine frequently causes more harm than good. The number of people having in-hospital, adverse drug reactions (ADR) to prescribed medicine is 2.2 million. (1) Dr. Richard Besser, of the CDC, in 1995, said the number of unnecessary antibiotics prescribed annually for viral infections was 20 million. Dr. Besser, in 2003, now refers to tens of millions of unnecessary antibiotics. (2, 2a)

The number of unnecessary medical and surgical procedures performed annually is 7.5 million. (3) The number of people exposed to unnecessary hospitalization annually is 8.9 million. (4) The total number of iatrogenic [induced inadvertently by a physician or surgeon or by medical treatment or diagnostic procedures] deaths is 783,936.

The 2001 heart disease annual death rate is 699,697; the annual cancer death rate is 553,251. (5) It is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and injury in the United States.

The anti-smoking terrorists are useless and they are liars - both to themselves and others. The so-called "War on Cigarettes" (not tobacco since it is a very profitable crop in America) is a con used by governments all over to obfuscate their inability to tackle the real problems.
By Erebus
Hilarious and I'm sure it will work. :up:
By Carpe Veritas
Having developed asthma recently (from a bugger of a chest infection) I agree whole heartedly with this message. In fact I'm going to text my smoking friends with it now! :lol:
By canchin
/\
If you live on an island east of Africa where there is no industry, no cars, and no buildings, and you smoked real tobacco and not the chemical-laden, sugar-cured garbage, and still got a lung infection, then it could be suggested that your infection was due to the tobacco.

If not, then blaming the tobacco is specious and shows lack of information.

The self-righteous anti-smoking terrorists are simply part of the con used by governments to obfuscate their failure to tackle the real health problems.
By Carpe Veritas
The self-righteous anti-smoking terrorists are simply part of the con used by governments to obfuscate their failure to tackle the real health problems.

Because the Illuminati controls them all right? :D
By Rippy The Razor
Smoking is believed to damage blood vessels, inhibiting the blood flow to the penis. It may also effect elastin, a substance needed to obtain an erection.

Anything that leads to damaged blood vessels such as diabetes, hypertension, or smoking can cause erectile dysfunction.
By Quercus Robur
hah they're probably right that it adds another discouraging element, one that people may feel easier to relate to. It is possibly a bit cheap, but, like the advertising the warnings mar and mimic, millions of cheap shots can be effective.

Mexico, LoL, why would anyone nuke Mexico. Drlee[…]

Major General Harri Ohra-Aho on Russia's decision […]

Uh...there isn't an 'England gene'...if that is w[…]

Back on topic , here are my results . Care-85 […]