Women vs. Men - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By R_G
Also there are instances of Women beating men in their "own sport" Jutta Kleinschmidt won the Paris Dakar rally in 2001. Quite impressive.

The only sports women can beat men in are either not really sports, like golf, that ain't a real sport, or car racing where the athlete is controlling something.

The only instances where women have beaten men in physically demanding sports have all been farces, like the so called " Battle of the Sexes " where Billy Jean King who was 30 beat a retired Bobby Riggs who was 55, in a exhibition and she won in best of 3 sets, and Riggs is largely considered to have bet on himself and therefore threw the game.

On another note there was another " Battle of the Sexes " where Jimmy Connors played against Maria Navratilova where Connors was allowed one serve and Navratilova was allowed to hit into doubles area, and Connors won that 7-5, 6-2 and he was 4 years older.

Pitchers in baseball play far fewer games than any other position, yet make more money...Playing time has nothing to do with it.

WHAT?? Oh my dear friend you do not understand sport very well.

A pitcher has a FAR larger work load in a game than any other player, the catcher for instance is the least demanding job, the 2nd most demanding job is the outfield and they only have to make spurts of running and catching, hitters have an even less workload, albeit most of them do outfield work many hitters might not have the chance to step up to plate.

If a pitcher makes 12 pitches in an inning, they've already done more work than the average outfielder or hitter.

You can compare the position to a lesser extent with the NHL and the goalie, however elite defensemen, forwards and goalies make around the same, a possible argument is some goaltenders only have to make 15 saves a game, they however have to remain on the ice the entire time and failing to make 1 save could prove costly.

Baseball is not like most sports however, I myself don't care too much for it but I understand some of the history and the basic fact that the pitcher has BY FAR the biggest workload of any position in the game.

I haven't done any research on this but its probably a safe estimate that women account for about 50% give/take of ticket sales. As such, they deserve equal pay. You want em to play equal numbers of sets? What do I care?

Actually if you went and got tickets to tournaments like the Rogers Cup you'd know tickets for men are indeed more expensive, at Wimbledon I don't know, I've only been to the U.S. Open as far as Slams go and I don't remember the ticket prices.
By Suska
youre right Russian, we should instead give all our women a digital camera if they look like the lady in your sig, or if not give them a housekeeping class. we dont want to encourage them to continue this line of thinking where they might become professional athletes. The fact is sports are a lot of things including games and spectator attractions, but also there is an ethic of athletics. Were not talking about a drama tv show where the main goal is to sell advertising - if thats all its about what is Bob Costas on about, admiring guys like Willie Mays or Hank Aaron - they were just salesmen right? Raw Performance statistics don't explain interest from either spectators or athletes, the media could at least try to sell women's athletics. We have broader channels now, we can sell both even if some of it has to go over the internet. But not trying... and to justify it by raw athletics is ridiculous.
By Maas
Why do Grand Slam tournaments in Tennis now give equal pay to women as men?

First off men play 3 of 5 sets vs. 2 of 3, and secondly women are of lower quality in terms of athleticism.

I believe in equality, but never in sport, it's like women with fashion, men will never be equal.....gay men in fashion is just like lesbians in sport, that's the exceptions, not the rule.

If less people watch it, than they (men or women) should be paid less. It's just like in fashion. Beautifull women earn a shitload more than men.

personal views don't count.
If it's about the money, than it's about the money.
When (wo)men produce less income, than too bad.
It's not like they can't make a living with a lil less.

And I do believe in tennis.
Less people want to watch women. Way less.
(correct me if I'm wrong)
By Demosthenes
The only sports women can beat men in are either not really sports,

...What does this have to do with pay? Will you prattle on for days, weeks, and months repeating the same thing over and over in less interesting ways each time or will you address the fact that tickets ALONE should justify pay?

Let's take an example. I suck at tiddly winks, however I look really good playing it. I'm very charasmatic when I'm tiddly winking. You are really good but are extremely boring to watch. Your style of methodical tiddly winking is so (neutral zone-trapish) that most people can't stand to watch you. As such, when it comes to competitive tindly winking I make a killing and you make jack.

Is that fair? Doesn't-flippin-matter. People pay to watch me, they hate watching you.

Riggs is largely considered to have bet on himself and therefore threw the game.

You're either lying or just full of it. The event was a hoax I'll grant you, but you're just making the rest of this up.

WHAT?? Oh my dear friend you do not understand sport very well.

I just fucking love the internet. I really do. I coach women's fastpitch and some little e-numbnut wants to pretend to know more about the sport than I do. :roll:

Chump. Pure. Chump. :muha1:

A pitcher has a FAR larger work load in a game than any other player, the catcher for instance is the least demanding job, the 2nd most demanding job is the outfield and they only have to make spurts of running and catching, hitters have an even less workload, albeit most of them do outfield work many hitters might not have the chance to step up to plate.

This is total and compete nonsense and completely ignores the fact that pitchers only play 20% of the games that all the other fielders do, AND they don't even play the entire fucking game!!!!!!!!!!!

They play 5-7 innings at most genius... :eek: :roll:

Everyone else plays 5-7 GAMES a week genius.

I'm not even going any further. I've seen enough fake Russians on the internet with their e-tough guy act and "slap-the-bitch-around" attitude to know when I'm just dealing with some zit-faced little stooge with no clue about life other than pissing contests, which women suck at cause they have to squat...

You go, e-tough guy! :knife:

Reminds me of that Budweiser beer commercial
By Dave
Women get paid plenty in tennis because there are a lot of sexy tennis players now wearing hot outfits who men like to watch.
By R_G
I just fucking love the internet. I really do. I coach women's fastpitch and some little e-numbnut wants to pretend to know more about the sport than I do.

That's another thing about the internet, you can't reall trust anybody, you could be some asian web designer and I could be an east indian working at walmart.....

This is total and compete nonsense and completely ignores the fact that pitchers only play 20% of the games that all the other fielders do, AND they don't even play the entire fucking game!!!!!!!!!!!

They play 5-7 innings at most genius...

Pitching is the hardest thing to do, try throwing 50 of those major league pitches, your arm might break off.

Baseball is a waiting sport, you do need to be somewhat athletic, although not all Major League players are, for the most part outside of the pitcher and the outfield, there's relatively little exercise involved in baseball, sure you need to be strong to hit a ball far, but that's target practice, some players at the home run derby might get tired after hitting 30 balls, but that's another story.

I'm not even going any further. I've seen enough fake Russians on the internet with their e-tough guy act and "slap-the-bitch-around" attitude to know when I'm just dealing with some zit-faced little stooge with no clue about life other than pissing contests, which women suck at cause they have to squat

Funny how I don't see a picture of you in the members area, tell ya what, I'll post mine if you post yours and then we'll know who's lying.
By Sniperwolfe
I personally love watching women play hockey... It's hot.

It's really lame they wear full helmets though (perhaps I was watching college level? Eh, I don't remember).

I think all sports are overpaid, ESPECIALLY baseball and American football players, with particular emphasis on the baseball.

Despite women having smaller lungs and not really being able to compete on the professional level as well as men, as long as their hot, I don't see the problem with them being paid equal.
By Demosthenes
you could be some asian web designer

Except I'm not...

Pitching is the hardest thing to do, try throwing 50 of those major league pitches, your arm might break off.

I never said I could pitch. If I could I wouldn't be coaching anyone, most likely. Still it's totally beside the point. In terms of work put in pitchers have it easy. Granted their shoulders and elbows get more work than anyone else, but most of them can't hit and a fair amount of them can't play the field at all. Weak.

Funny how I don't see a picture of you in the members area, tell ya what, I'll post mine if you post yours and then we'll know who's lying.

Anyone on this site who is important knows I'm not lying about anything. That's good enough for me. Aside from that, if you're looking for dates try: www.adultfriendfinder.com

They may have what you're looking for.

I'll post mine if you post yours

eewwwww

Yeah, no shit...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2xXMrwU[…]

I define my terms very clearly and very simply. S[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Yes. It's an adaptation to socially-constructed c[…]

Corruption ain't domination, and history ain't th[…]