Colin Powell for VP? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Steven_K
Now, I think Colin Powell would be the ultimate VP pick for Obama. I think if he joined onto an anti-war ticket, it would be completely damning of the neoconservatives. There have been rumours that he could at least endorse Obama. My second choice for VP would be Joe Biden. Who are you favorites?
By Mazhi
Newt Gingrich.
By Ombrageux
Being Veep is damning honor. I like Biden. I laugh when they talk about his verbosity and his inability to get a crowd of more than 10 people. I think the fact that he (most of the time) realizes he's not presidential-election material means he's rather more frank, especially about foreign policy, his favorite subject, than the mind-numbing platitudes and 'lines' we get from a Hillary or an Obama.

I'd rather have him as Secretary of State though, you know, doing something, or staying in the Senate.

I don't think Powell could ever go back to Obama. If anything, it will make Obama's empty-suit issue about a gazillion times more glaring. I also think Powell's too jaded now..
By Rancid
Ron paul
By Donna
Powell is viewed by too many as a lacky for the Iraq war.
By Le Rouge
Strategically-speaking, I see Biden becoming the veep. But pushing for the most leftward administration I would entertain Kucinich or Richardson. But then Obama might as well declare to the public that he's running with the reanimated corpse of Stalin and Marx will be his Supreme Court appointee.
By Steven_K
He would have to do some repenting. Everything I've seen points to him being very unenthusiastic about the war while in the administration, "fucking crazies" and all.
By Praetor
Jim Webb would be an excellent choice for Obama. He's a young, Middle America, father of an Iraq veteran, anti-war, former Secretary of the Navy (under Reagan!), Washington outsider who has proved himself as a good campaigner.
By Zyx
The Colin Powell endorsement is poppy-cock--he said that he'd not endorse McCain or Obama until he finds out who there VP is and that he will definitely not be at either's convention. As to Obama's VP, I heard that it'll likely be a governor of a state that he NEEDS to carry to win.
By Lightman
If it couldn't be Clinton, Powell would be a great alternative, but I find it unlikely. I've had the oppurtunity to hear the man speak in person, and I have to say that it's a shame that he couldn't have himself become President a while ago, perhaps in the place of the current idiot in power.
By NoRapture
Now, I think Colin Powell would be the ultimate VP pick for Obama.
Yeah. Or how about Clarence Thomas and Jessie Jackson running together. The brothas stick with the brothas! Know'd I'm sayin'?
By Le Rouge
Yeah. Or how about Clarence Thomas and Jessie Jackson running together. The brothas stick with the brothas! Know'd I'm sayin'?

You might as well run a 2pac / Crosby ticket.
By amanamuse
NoRapture wrote:Yeah. Or how about Clarence Thomas and Jessie Jackson running together. The brothas stick with the brothas! Know'd I'm sayin'?

I don't think that the US is as racist as some would suppose. I think an Obama/Powell ticket would win decisively.
By Zyx
amanamuse wrote:I don't think that the US is as racist as some would suppose.

I lol'd.

Statistically, the U.S. is completely oblivious to Black culture . . . well the U.S. excepting Black Americans.

Further, whites, frequently report that they believe that Black failure is due to Blacks being more lazy than White folk. You can look this stuff up if you really care, amanamuse.
By Grunch
You might as well run a 2pac / Crosby ticket.

2pac and Bing Crosby would have been a pretty crazy ticket, yeah.
By Nets
I thought he was referring to Bill Crosby? I'd imagine that would be a wild ticket as well in light of Bill Cosby's comments on the black community and rap music.

If Bill Crosby had the one spot I'd vote for that ticket.
By Zyx
Nets wrote:I thought he was referring to Bill Crosby? I'd imagine that would be a wild ticket as well in light of Bill Cosby's comments on the black community and rap music.

If Bill Crosby had the one spot I'd vote for that ticket.

Whereas Nets may think that we would not notice his back and forth in spelling 'crosby' as 'cosby' it's sad that he did it.

Either way, I did not bother to know who Crosby was in thinking that Le Rouge was following the 'let's make all black pairings' precedence initiated by NoRapture but considering that Bing is White, I 'spose that, like Nets, I made a mistake as well.

There should, however, be a thread on what would be the best all-black political presidential couple.

Whatever.

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]

There was an American ethnigenesis in 1776, 1865,[…]

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]