greetings from Pittsburgh - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
hey everyone,

I'm Eric and I don't know a whole lot about politics but I like talking about it anyway (typical, I guess). Even though I don't know as much as I'd like to about politics, I find it an interesting subject and I like to follow the various debates (interest is enough, eh?). I subscribed to the George Carlin approach to politics for awhile but recently I figured that maybe I shouldn't be taking political advise from a comedian...though he makes a lot more sense than a lot of people I've talked to about democracy (probably b/c it’s easier to criticize the system than to try and make it work, however feebly). In a word, unimpressed with democracy...so what the hell let's hear what the communists and the fascists have to say.

My main interests include the arts, culture, current events, beers, languages, and of course politics. I've browsed the forum a bit and it seems like there’s a lot of engaging discussion going on so let's say I'm in. I’m also an atheist.. if that has any bearing on this introduction (think like an agnostic, live like an atheist). Just throwin’ that out there. And marijuana should be legal (?).

Um, political beliefs, I would say that socially I lean liberal (reluctantly). Economically conservative? Perhaps.

My favorite album is Blonde on Blonde. My favorite movie is The Big Lebowski. My favorite book was probably written by a Russian.

also I'm from Pittsburgh (USA) and I'm a student at the University of Pittsburgh. I decided to go to college and study English composition and literature because I wanted to be a writer.. which probably wasn’t the best idea.

oh, and I know I’m a newb and everything but I’m not easily offended, so have at it. I have a tendency to make strong arguments on issues I know little about, so be prepared for that I guess (or just ignore me). But still, be nice to me.

I’d like to thank the committee for reading my introduction and hope it was helpful to the formal greeting process. I hope it was sufficiently witty and minimally tiresome.

Cheers 8)
By ingliz
Good Morning
By Tigerlily
Hi Eric. Welcome!

Some things to know about Politicsforum.org

-Politics Forum is nicknamed "PoFo". This is the term most members use.

-All avatars must be 100x100 and in grey scale. They must be hosted on an external website that allows hotlinking (such as photobucket.com). Copy and paste the URL into the avatar filed in your profile (the link of your profile is up top).

-All signature images must be 400x100. They must not contain any offensive images or advertise another website or product. Any text signatures must not contain any URLS (except for pages from PoFo) or anything offensive.

-If you have any more questions about signatures and avatars, check our The Signature & Avatar Forum. Here other members will gladly assist you with your signature or avatar.

-Please read The Newbie Guide and the Forum Rules for more information about our posting guidelines.

-To prevent multiple quoting and/or pointless quoting, we do not have a "quote button" underneath a person's post in a thread. To quote someone, all you have to do is hit Reply and copy and paste:
Code: Select all [quote="USERNAME"] TEXT BLAH BLAH BLAH [/quote]
If you're quoting a newspaper article or something that isn't from a PoFo user, just omit the ="USERNAME" part.
By Holt
Hello and welcome. You sound like a decent sort of fellow.

In a word, unimpressed with democracy...so what the hell let's hear what the communists and the fascists have to say.

:up:
By SplashPlane
thanks everyone :)

I've read the rules, looks like a good setup.

there seem to be a lot of communists here! that's exciting...it'll be refreshing to hear from a communist perspective (I think).

Oxymoron wrote: Pittsburg has to many hills

apparently you've never been to Omaha.
By FallenRaptor
Privyet.

I subscribed to the George Carlin approach to politics for awhile but recently I figured that maybe I shouldn't be taking political advise from a comedian

Based on what I know about George Carlin's political views, I definitely approve. :up:
By SplashPlane
privyet! как поживаете?

FallenRaptor wrote: Based on what I know about George Carlin's political views, I definitely approve.

:) :up: yes Carlin is at once insightful and hilarious :lol:
By Oxymoron
Po Ruski Govorit nelzya This is an english speaking forum only.
By SplashPlane
FallenRaptor wrote: Я хорош, товарищ. Как у вас дела ?

спасибо, хорошо. :up:

Oxymoron wrote: Po Ruski Govorit nelzya This is an english speaking forum only.

I can see how you got your name.
By Sephardi
Welcome. Communism is a mental disorder and Fascism is only a little bit better (a fact that Communists have a 60 IQ and Fascists are around 80-84). Consider Fiscal Moderate Conservatism, Social Centrism, and Zionism.

- Sephardi.
By FallenRaptor
Welcome. Communism is a mental disorder and Fascism is only a little bit better (a fact that Communists have a 60 IQ and Fascists are around 80-84)

By Nets
Howdy Neighbor!

I'm down the street at CMU ;) .

My favorite movie is The Big Lebowski.

I like this guy.

Sephardi wrote:Welcome. Communism is a mental disorder and Fascism is only a little bit better (a fact that Communists have a 60 IQ and Fascists are around 80-84). Consider Fiscal Moderate Conservatism, Social Centrism, and Zionism.

Why are you so combative all the time?
By Michaeluj
Hmm, you slightly lean right...:|...Good enough for me!! :D
By NYYS
Why are you so combative all the time?

I don't understand a reason for the internet if it isn't to be combative.
By Sephardi
NY Yankees rule bish.
By Demosthenes
I don't understand a reason for the internet if it isn't to be combative.

To be constructive?

NY Yankees rule bish.

False. The Philles clearly, and without equivication, rule.
By Mazhi
Welcome. May you find what you seek here, and much more.

And marijuana should be legal.

What about other drugs?

Michael Jackson was a saint tho and still is, ins[…]

You must die on the hill of ZERO genetic differen[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you really believe that America decides how Uk[…]

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipmen[…]