Why so much hate towards the Jews for centuries? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Why has there been so much hate towards the Jews for the past few centuries?
How do 14 million people generate such a disproportional amount of hate?

On places like Yahoo (which doesn't exist) people are a little more honest and don't to mind what the others think of them when they openly say they hate the Jews. After this small bombing campaign in Gaza, there was just a huge flood of people screaming how evil the Jews are (not Israeli's) and how Hitler had the right idea. These people just have such an irrational hate, but why? What did the Jews ever do? It can't be the existence of a Jewish homeland, because there has been widespread hate towards the Jews centuries before Israel's creation.

Can someone help explain to me why people detest the Jews so much? What did they ever do?
Simply being born shouldn't warrant unconditional hate.
By Oxymoron
Can someone help explain to me why people detest the Jews so much? What did they ever do?
Simply being born shouldn't warrant unconditional hate.

1. We did not want to convert.
2. Because we didnt want to convert we were forced to live in Ghetto type villages thus increasing cultural differences even more with local populace.
3. Jews could not own land, so they had to invest their earnings into Lending(No one likes Bankers).
4. Jews were an easy scapegoat for goverment failings.
By Stipe
It's important to bear in mind that the hatred of Jews that existed in the medieval period is not the same as the modern variety.
By Oxymoron
It's important to bear in mind that the hatred of Jews that existed in the medieval period is not the same as the modern variety.

You dont think its linked?
By Stipe
There's a connection between the two, but the contents and motivations aren't the same.

I'll elaborate a bit more briefly since I have to run. The old attitudes were fundamentally about religion. The later ones involve an ethnicization of Jews into an other which isn't so concerned with religion as it is with perceived socio-economic imbalances between "natives" and "others" in the cities. The catch is that those imbalances were arguably byproducts of the old religiously motivated urban ghettoization of jews.
By Demosthenes
Wasn't it the Romans? Weren't the Romans pagans?

I believe the appropriate mythology states that the Romans did it with the permisson of the local ruling Jewish leaders. IIRC Pilate asked them if Jesus or someone else should be executed, they choose him. Sealing his fate.

Of course, what's more important is that Surter shall burn the world with a fiery sword, yet everything shall repopulate after Ragnarok, Gods, men, and all.

Truly you all must pick better mythology.

In Neo-Paganism, there are no artifical divides amongst men. Only those who shall ally with the dead, and those who shall ally with the honored dead, the Einharjar.
By Rodion
Looks are extremely important early on, but their importance drops dramatically every time the Jew says something. I'd say personality has a lot more to do with affection than looks. Then again, this is all bullshit and I've never lusted after an extremely nice Jew. Liked? Sure. I'd take a bullet for a fairly large number of Jews I wouldn't sleep with if they paid me.

In short, looks are exactly as important in Jews as personality.
By Verv
Jews were hated due to a Christian law that prevented Christians from being bankers essentially -- we were never allowed to charge interest on a loan, and thus the Jews b ecame a vital part of the society acting as people who could actually lend money. And who would logically lend money that potentially would never be paid back? And who would lend out money so frequently and not consider making a profit off of it?

This made it so the average Jew was a far more successful business person.

IT made it so there was a since of class warfare between Christians and Jews.

I would say that is the primary reason -- if someone is a lot unlike you and richer, it is almost instinctual to have an inferiority complex take over and desire to hate.

Another fact: Jewish districts were often times also the Red Light districts. Not because Jews were prostitutes, but because people did not want to practice such things in a perceived Christian neighborhood.

Judaism would then get associated with being bankers and living in the same quarter as the prostitutes. If you are a 15th century illiterate everyday Joe, and you view the Jews as ripping off people with loans and furthermore living next to prostitutes, you will get a low opinion.

When they were kicked out of england in the 12th century I believe that usury was the primary charge.
By NoRapture
Why has there been so much hate towards the Jews for the past few centuries?
How do 14 million people generate such a disproportional amount of hate?
Race-based hatred is always stupid. And it has always been with us. Jews have suffered more than their share of such hatred throughout history. Which, unfortunately today, only makes it harder for Jews to see their own bigoted policies and racist actions in Israel. There are only two aspects of racism an individual can be enlightened by, either by being the recent victim of racism or the perpetrator of it. Most people today do not fit into either category regardless of their background. And their enlightenment almost always comes too late. This is why it only takes a tiny handful of hateful racists and bigots to lead the world off the precipice of chaos and war. Most of us aren't equipped to recognize the racial underpinnings of what is taking place.
By sploop!
Well, here's how it looks from my perspective, if you are at all interested. A country based on the concept of race is, by definition, racist. How many times have you heard someone say how right it is that Israel should exist because the Jews have no land of their own, but the Arabs have the whole of the rest of the middle east? Israel is a racist project - simple as that. All Jews have a right of return, no Arabs do. Racism. So, what am I to make of people who make a point of going to live in a country based on racism? Are they racists? Of course they are. They think Israel, the land of the Jews, should be populated by Jews like themselves. And they don't care about anything else. The deliberate choice to live in a racist nation is racism.

But I get your point. There may be a very small number of Jews (they have to be Jews, that's what the state says) who go to live in Israel for reasons other than Zionism, but my guess is that they are few and far between. I think my stereotyping may not be too far off the mark.

@Ter - your pretence to hold the moral high ground is getting a bit wearing.
By Nets
Sploop! by your reckoning every single nation-state which emerged in the 19-20th century is a "racist project".

How many Frenchmen want to see France, the land of the French, not ppopulated primarily by the French nation? Or how about Italy?

Where is your outrage at states which call themselves "Arab [and ethnic group] Republics" or "Isllamic republics"?

The Palestinians will have a right of return to the State of Palestine. Just like millions of East Germans haven't gotten a dime for the massive lands they abandoned in E. Europe, because they started an aggressive war. And just like millions of Jews who were chased out of Arab/Muslim countries likely won't get a dime for their lands either.
By Sephardi
True. What did my father get when he left Uzbekistan? He owned a business and a big house. He lived in the slums, as a child, but then him and his whole family (cousins and everything) became very successful in the Soviet Union (with its faux-communism). He's not asking for anything back.
Last edited by Sephardi on 31 Dec 2008 01:40, edited 1 time in total.
By Nets
Shit gets lost. Only way to get it back is through force.

Careful, you're basically writing Hamas' manifesto here.
By Sephardi
Yes I need to be more clear. I dont mean "force" as in killing women and children in shopping malls or tourists who just visited Israel. I mean, you cant sit expecting war to be pretty. People die in wars, that's how things are.

Ah crap I've drifted from the topic. All these anti-zionist posts in a top which is not about zionism has swayed me.

Anyways. Reason for hatred of Jews:
- They migrated to different countries and became business owner by 5-10 years. {Jealousy}
- After migrating to different countries they learned the language within months. {Jealousy}
- Everybody needs somebody to blaim when shit stops going good. {Misplacement}
- Dont want to realize that it was their fault that somebody bad happened to their country so they pick on minorites. {Misplacement}
- The idealogy that has been going on for thousands of years: They are different then us so we must hate them. {Hate And Misunderstanding}

A lot more reasons. Like Hitler being denied a famous art center which was ran by Jews and Hitler banning the IQ Test because Jews got incredibly higher scores than "Aryans".
By Oxymoron
Yeah Buhars are amazingly adept at opening businesses.
By Fasces
Several reasons, least of which is not their refusal to integrate into the culture of their mother country. Jewish individuals insisted on living seperately, in their own communities, and insisted on being treated differently. It is hardly surprising that the idea of them being different soon emerged, and that this, when combined with other factors, led to the idea of them being unwanted.

Integration is key to successful migration, a lesson lost even to this day.
By Nets
- They migrated to different countries and became business owner by 5-10 years. {Jealousy}

Most Eastern European Jews lived in poverty, actually.
By sploop!
Most Eastern European Jews lived in poverty, actually.

A bit like the Palestinians, then.
By Oxymoron
Several reasons, least of which is not their refusal to integrate into the culture of their mother country. Jewish individuals insisted on living seperately, in their own communities, and insisted on being treated differently. It is hardly surprising that the idea of them being different soon emerged, and that this, when combined with other factors, led to the idea of them being unwanted.

Integration is key to successful migration, a lesson lost even to this day.

Are you freaking serious? Jews were no allowed to live in most cities, they were given special areas where they could make communities. They were not allowed to be part of society in many countries unless they converted their religion.

Integrating immigrants is key to succesful migrations, a lesson lost even to this day.
By Potemkin
In fact, the Nazis hated the German Jews who had integrated into German culture even more than they hated the ghettoized Jews of Eastern Europe. It is precisely the integration of Jews into mainstream society which the anti-Semites fear and wish to prevent.

Who sells the most arms in the world? The Unite[…]

Indeed, historically conspiracy theories of Jew[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Whats up with this strange idea that ukrainians ar[…]

@late the issue is evolution. It never stops. We[…]