Sheriff's Jail Log... - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By BigSteve
Potemkin wrote:Uh-huh...

How else would you characterize that?
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:I just finished reading a story about 40 or so people who were arrested and charged with drug crimes.

In the end, all the cases were dropped.

Their mugshots, though, can still be found online.

Many of them have lost their jobs. Some have lost their homes.

https://www.westword.com/news/the-snitc ... nt-6053891

Your stupid little anecdotal example is absolutely meaningless in this discussion.

Since you've proven incapable of discussing the actual topic at hand, I'll conclude that you have nothing of value to offer...
Tainari88 wrote:I think there are a lot of folks who feel about the entire system like you do Fin.

But allowing a bunch of thieving and lying politicians enter a system poor and come out rich is what capitalist morals are about Fin. I don't like the Supreme Court Justices appointed. Most of them will give all the power to corporations and won't hold the bankers responsible and won't liberate the unincorporated territories bad statutes and codes. No, the system is almost without redemption at this point. It will limp along but I think the takeover from China is going to be almost guaranteed down the road.

I am concerned about the PRC, it has a very deep underbelly of corruption and human rights violations. But the PRC also is highly pragmatic and also flexible when it comes to political and economic survival. It is highly intelligent in how it is coping with Latin American markets Fin. So? It is going to be interesting seeing how the Chinese citizens themselves start pushing the system and forcing rights out of the ones with iron fists eh?

If any nation can find some philosophies for balance eventually and hopefully it will be China. Just out of sheer AGE and length of human history.

But? The track record for coping with workers is awful. They need to change their attitudes and start giving workers a lot of power.

Otherwise they will be going down the tubes as well.

I think China's problem will be "the curtain falling", as time goes on it will be more and more difficult to shield their populace from a more favorable Western life style. Also I believe technology could possibly undue China thus their domestic issues will usurp the governments ability and need for imperialism. I'm no historian of China just my own experiences traveling their and doing business in that country.
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:People literally make money by showing the photo, and the reason they do is people want to laugh at this person’s misery.

The Sheriff's Department doesn't make a dime by showing these photos...

Companies then archive these photos for display on the internet and then charge people money to have them removed, even if the person was never charged with a crime.

Further proof that you're completely clueless.

If someone's picture shows up in the Sheriff's jail log, they have been charged with a crime. That's the only way someone's picture shows up there...
BigSteve wrote:The Sheriff's Department doesn't make a dime by showing these photos...

Once again, I never claimed they did.

I was alluding to the online newspapers.

If someone's picture shows up in the Sheriff's jail log, they have been charged with a crime. That's the only way someone's picture shows up there...

No. Someone can be arrested and not be charged with a crime. For example, if a cop has probable cause to think the arrested person has committed a felony.

They must be released soon after if they are not charged with a crime.
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:Once again, I never claimed they did.

I was alluding to the online newspapers.

How do they make money by showing the photos?

No. Someone can be arrested and not be charged with a crime. For example, if a cop has probable cause to think the arrested person has committed a felony.

In St. Johns County Florida, if your face shows up in the Police Log, you've been charged with a crime. If a cop has probable cause to arrest someone because he thinks he's committed a felony, then that person will be charged with a felony. If the person didn't commit a felony, that will be adjudicated in court.

Here's one that'll likely make your little liberal head detonate. They even include the individual's address:

And it's all perfectly Constitutional!!

They must be released soon after if they are not charged with a crime.

Even more proof that you don't know what you're talking about.

In Florida, a person can be held for up to 40 days without being formally charged. I don't know about you, but I sure the fuck wouldn't really consider that "soon after"...

https://casetext.com/rule/florida-court-rules/florida-rules-of-criminal-procedure/preliminary-proceedings/rule-3134-time-for-filing-formal-charges

But, please, continue to pretend that you have a clue...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By ness31
BigSteve wrote:Bear in mind that we're not talking about some upstanding citizen. We're talking about someone who got drunk, broke into a business which was closed, and then attacked the owner of that business after the owner called the police.

Why do you think such a piece of shit deserves to be shown any decency?

I dunno. Something about holding ourselves to a higher standard than the riff raff. But I guess it’s an outdated position.

So it’s settled. Bring on the Colosseum! ;)
@BigSteve

I am not going to explain to you how websites make money.

And thank you for providing evidence that someone can be arrested and then spend 40 days in jail without being charged.

And yes, you cna have your mugshot posted online despite not being charged with a crime.
By BigSteve
Pants-of-dog wrote:@BigSteve

I am not going to explain to you how websites make money.

I'll accept that as your acknowledgement that you're incapable of explaining how a website would make money from simply showing a mugshot.

Took you a while to get there, but it's nice to see you being honest...

And thank you for providing evidence that someone can be arrested and then spend 40 days in jail without being charged.

Wait, didn't you say the police had to release a person "soon after" their arrest if not formally charged? Do you think 40 days is "soon after"?

The police don't formally charge a person. A formal charge comes in the form of a court document. Let's say you steal a gallon milk from the grocery store. The police are called, find you with the milk and arrest you. When they book you, they will list whatever charges are appropriate for the crime in your processing documents. This is what's required and this is what I'm referring to, not the formal charges which are read at an arraignment.

Basically, they can't put you in the tank and not tell you what you're being charged with. It's not like you're going to sit in jail for a month and not know that you're going to be charged with stealing a gallon of milk.

At this point, you're arguing semantics, probably because you have nothing of value to add...

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]