Narcissists, Sociopaths and Psychopaths? What is the difference? Explaination. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I was discussing this with a friend a few weeks ago when we were discussing Gere as a possible sociopath. He showed some of the signs but I cannot be 100% sure. I am no psychologist.

He seemed to blame me for why the job hunt did not go well. But really, I wanted to end it. He wanted to keep going. I felt like he manipulated me by using my uncertainty against me. He pushed me and it worked to his advantage for a month more. He was not sorry for any discomfort he caused me.

I told him I would be stressed out and testy. He did not fully understand what I meant. I never told him about feeling upset with management or that I had feelings for Mac or other coworkers and that those feelings were tearing me up a bit. I knew he was not my therapist.

My manager is a narcissist. She thinks she is the best. She even blames her forgetfulness on some health condition, she may or may not have. She calls it brain fog. I am not sure but I just tolerate her and try to stay on her good side. I need the job for now.
@late @colliric @MistyTiger there are a lot of people who are all three or one or two, they usually accuse mentally sane people of being insane or obsessed with them or crazy and it has to do with their own insecurities and projections. They lack empathy and are angry or terribly incompetent at intellectually demanding work and want to feel better about themselves by cutting other people down. They are nasty little pieces of work indeed.

Many pscyhologists in the USA have signed petitions stating that Donald J. Trump is very much a narcissistic personality, and might have strong tendencies for the other two psychological profiles as well. But the Right wing people refuse to acknowledge it. They want to rule no matter what. Liberals are not much better since they are corrupted by money and have no intention of being honest Leftist philosophy people.

Descriptions of the characteristics:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/bl ... aslighters
Tainari88 wrote:Many pscyhologists in the USA have signed petitions stating that Donald J. Trump is very much a narcissistic personality, and might have strong tendencies for the other two psychological profiles as well. But the Right wing people refuse to acknowledge it. They want to rule no matter what.

Trump won the election. So what if Trumps got narcissistic tendencies? I said the same thing abut Bill Clinton. I had no time for the Republican investigations. Even if he did rape Jennifer Flowers. I'm sorry for her on a personal level, but the Presidency, as long as you have an independent executive Presidency needs to be decided at the ballot box.
Rich wrote:Trump won the election. So what if Trumps got narcissistic tendencies? I said the same thing abut Bill Clinton. I had no time for the Republican investigations. Even if he did rape Jennifer Flowers. I'm sorry for her on a personal level, but the Presidency, as long as you have an independent executive Presidency needs to be decided at the ballot box.

Bill Clinton was and probably still is just as narcissistic and, yes, sociopathic as Donald Trump. He was just better at hiding it, due to his more polished social skills. I can't understand why so many people were taken in by Bill Clinton. I couldn't understand it back in the 1990s, and I still can't understand it.
Tainari88 wrote:Many pscyhologists in the USA have signed petitions stating that Donald J. Trump is very much a narcissistic personality...

Oh, no! Not... PETITIONS!

Um, petitions for what, exactly?

Anyone who seeks the office of the President is a narcissist...
BigSteve wrote:
Anyone who seeks the office of the President is a narcissist...

There is a massive difference between a strong, healthy ego, and narcissistic personality disorder.

Massive doesn't fully encompass the differences.

The best presidents invariably see their role as one of service. Trump can't even imagine such a thing, unless it's service to him.

I would warmly suggest McCullough's biography of Truman, or any of the good biographies of Ike.
Potemkin wrote:Bill Clinton was and probably still is just as narcissistic and, yes, sociopathic as Donald Trump. He was just better at hiding it, due to his more polished social skills. I can't understand why so many people were taken in by Bill Clinton. I couldn't understand it back in the 1990s, and I still can't understand it.

I loved Bill and Tony, I don't think that's too strong a word. It was a joy to listen them. I normally avoid listening to politicians as much as possible, preferring to listen to political commentators who can distil down the worthless bull. Ideologically they had little to offer. Little going on nothing. But as political operators it was a privilege to watch them operating at the top of their game. It was like watching Pele, Senna or perhaps better still Viv Richard's effortless batting.

I remember watching those two go into the Labour party Conference and persuade them to back Dubbyha's invasion of Iraq. It was like, did that really just happen? I think that should go down as one of the all time great political achievements of all time.
late wrote:There is a massive difference between a strong, healthy ego, and narcissistic personality disorder.

Thank you...

That may be.

But it's also important to note that person running for President does so because he (or she) believes that he is "the guy" who can fix it, and no one else...

The best presidents invariably see their role as one of service. Trump can't even imagine such a thing, unless it's service to him.

I believe the last President we had with truly altruistic intentions were Reagan and, to a much lesser extent, Bush #1. Suggesting it's only a problem with Trump is stupid...
BigSteve wrote:
Thank you...

But it's also important to note that person running for President does so because he (or she) believes that he is "the guy" who can fix it, and no one else...

I believe the last President we had with truly altruistic intentions were Reagan and, to a much lesser extent, Bush #1. Suggesting it's only a problem with Trump is stupid...

You're welcome.

So you're not missing the obvious, you are hiding from it.

It's not altruism. McCullough likes to say the presidency is a test of character. Which is why Truman had a sign on his desk saying "The buck stops here."

And Trump never lets the buck stop where he is.

I didn't pick Truman at random.
late wrote:You're welcome.

So you're not missing the obvious, you are hiding from it.

It's not altruism. McCullough likes to say the presidency is a test of character. Which is why Truman had a sign on his desk saying "The buck stops here."

And Trump never lets the buck stop where he is.

I didn't pick Truman at random.

Funny, I didn't see that sign on the Boy King's desk, either.

Like I said, trying to suggest it's only an issue with Trump is stupid...
Tainari88 wrote:Who are sociopaths, psychopaths and narcissists what they are about.

The characteristics of these psychological profiles:

Did you know anyone from this profile?

;)

Well shit. Now I want to be a psychopath but since apparently I can't then will have to go with the 2nd best choice of Sociopath. Is there courses for that that don't involve a rough childhood?
Rich wrote:I loved Bill and Tony, I don't think that's too strong a word. It was a joy to listen them. I normally avoid listening to politicians as much as possible, preferring to listen to political commentators who can distil down the worthless bull. Ideologically they had little to offer. Little going on nothing. But as political operators it was a privilege to watch them operating at the top of their game. It was like watching Pele, Senna or perhaps better still Viv Richard's effortless batting.

I remember watching those two go into the Labour party Conference and persuade them to back Dubbyha's invasion of Iraq. It was like, did that really just happen? I think that should go down as one of the all time great political achievements of all time.

Both Bill and Tony were brilliant manipulators. I'll grant them that. But I was never taken in by, in particular, Tony Blair's rather mannered delivery. His 'spontaneous' pauses were so obviously calculated for effect that I could never listen to him for more than a few seconds at a time. His 'impromptu' speech after the death of Princess Diana was particularly stomach-turning for me. He was so obviously cashing in on her death for his own political benefit in the most cynical and calculating manner.
Finfinder wrote:Apparently studying Psychology is a complete waste of time, all we need is a couple of videos, and a Google search and you can come up with an expert diagnosis without ever talking to or examining a person.

My mother majored in Psychology and since middle school, she and I would discuss classmates or people I met. We would analyze their behavior and speech, became a ritual for us. It was by no means "expert" but pretty decent. I learned how to observe people.

That said, I too do not believe that Google searches and video watching are enough to diagnose anyone with a psychological disorder. Real experience helps. I once diagnosed someone as having ADD and I was proven right by the principal of the school, the kid was a notorious troublemaker.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]