Is it Right to Use Christians for Politics? Even when you're an Atheist? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
MARTIN LUTHER KING JR.

He denies the trinity. Denies the divinity of Christ. Claims that we are the one who "chose" Jesus to be the Christ. Claims the resurrection and immortality are akin to "magic" and that Christianity only exists due to pagan influences. I only 5 documents, he exposes himself as blatantly anti-christian. As someone who used the christian community as a vehicle for his politics. (https://youtu.be/ac15-jl8-3k)

Martin Luther King Jr was a great civil rights leader, the greatest of all time. But MLK was not a true christian.

And yet, his actions across America are universally understood to be necessary and grand. The question still remains -

Is it morally right for an atheist, to feign belief, for the sake of a greater good? And how can we even define that greater good?

Saw your YouTube video. Although I appreciate your efforts to read through the texts, it looked like you were operating on a prejudice through linguistic interpretation.
Auguste Comte believed that there are 3 stages of society. Theological, Metaphysical and Positive/Scientific. And that we have reached the scientific stage but tensions exist in society as other forms of knowledge is either in transition or has stagnated. There would be intellectual harmony when all aspects of human life converge in the positive stage, he believed. This includes religion too. Religion too has to adopt to science to stay relevant and Luther was doing exactly the same thing. I would rather appreciate him for his efforts. He in no way denies the Christ or the Bible. Religion is common to all its believers, and it is on each individual to decide the manner he/she wants to believe in.
And coming to your question. I would always say never mix religion with politics. Never ever. But if you feel that MLK has done it and the outcome was the civil rights, then I'd say its no sin.

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

@skinster well, you've been accusing Israel of t[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]