Woman sent to prison for "sexual assault" for misrepresenting her gender - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
A woman who tricked another woman into having sex with her by pretending to be a man has been found guilty and sentenced to 8 years of prison, in the UK.

She was convicted of three counts of "sexual assault", despite the other woman having agreed to have sex.

Gayle Newland found guilty at retrial of tricking female friend into sex | UK news | The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... d-into-sex

In my opinion, this does sound like an excessive amount of punishment.
But what it does show is that it's not okay to misrepresent your actual gender, and that sex obtained through deception is a form of rape (albeit a very mild form, in my opinion).

A lesbian who pretended to be a man in an elaborate hoax has been found guilty of sexually assaulting a woman with a fake penis for a second time. Gayle Newland hid her own sex during a remarkable two-year deception after befriending her victim as both herself and with an online alter ego Kye Fortune. The couple are said to have had up to 10 sexual encounters with Newland using a strap on sex toy. The court had heard how the sexual predator had fooled her victim by insisting on her wearing a blindfold and tying her hands. During their time together the victim never suspected that Newland and her "fiance" were one and the same person.

The victim said she was heterosexual and had no idea that Newland was a lesbian. It was only after discovering Fortune was actually her best friend, she ran out of her own house in shock.
The jury was told the real issue of the case boiled down to consent: did the complainant really know she was having sex with her friend, or did she honestly think her sexual partner was a man she had met on the internet?​
Oh by the way, just to get this thread going, I'll throw in a little additional tidbit...

This case is going probably going to set a precedent making it illegal for transgender persons to go sleeping around with unsuspecting people without revealing their true original gender they were born with.

I expect this discussion to get going and heated now, any moment now...
Puffer Fish wrote:Interestingly, over on another forum there is a bisexual woman who is unable to see anything wrong with this, and doesn't believe the perpetrator should face any punishment.

She's probably ok with building relationships on a foundation of lies. :lol:

Seriously though, yes, I think trans people should in fact disclose that they are trans to romantic partners. You can call it transphobic that someone would not want to date/fuck a trans person, but at the end of the day, people should know who they are dating/fucking whether they are ok with dating trans people or not.

Besides why wouldn't a trans person not want to know if a potential romantic partner is (in their eyes) transphobic by not wanting to date/fuck them?
Rancid wrote:She's probably ok with building relationships on a foundation of lies. :lol:

Seriously though, yes, I think trans people should in fact disclose that they are trans to romantic partners. You can call it transphobic that someone would not want to date/fuck a trans person, but at the end of the day, people should know who they are dating/fucking whether they are ok with dating trans people or not.

Besides why wouldn't a trans person not want to know if a potential romantic partner is (in their eyes) transphobic by not wanting to date/fuck them?

I completely agree with this.

8 years seems pretty strong though. The consensual bondage aspect of this does sort of make it seem pretty far fetched that the woman/victim did not know that something was up. (So to speak.)
Drlee wrote:The consensual bondage aspect of this does sort of make it seem pretty far fetched that the woman/victim did not know that something was up. (So to speak.)

A pun, or a play on words?
You have all the wittiness of a French nobleman.

Perhaps even a double entendre?

(I can see at least two plays on words with that statement; for the perpetrator was up above and on top of the unsuspecting & naive female ; and indeed there was "something up", a something that was flesh-colored and made of silicone...)
Drlee wrote:
I completely agree with this.

8 years seems pretty strong though. The consensual bondage aspect of this does sort of make it seem pretty far fetched that the woman/victim did not know that something was up. (So to speak.)

Agreed.

I can see a year or two in the hoosegow, but more than that looks like petty vindictiveness, to me, anyway.
Unthinking Majority wrote:The "victim" should be sentenced to 1000 years in prison for being a moron.

You are forgetting these were women.

The woman perpetrator knew exactly how to emotionally manipulate the other woman into falling for this improbable elaborate deception. This plot could not have succeeded without playing on the woman's emotions.

I can't envision a situation like this ever happening to a male victim.

(Well, not without large amounts of alcohol or drugs impairing judgement)
Puffer Fish wrote:You are forgetting these were women.

The woman perpetrator knew exactly how to emotionally manipulate the other woman into falling for this improbable elaborate deception. This plot could not have succeeded without playing on the woman's emotions.

I can't envision a situation like this ever happening to a male victim.

(Well, not without large amounts of alcohol or drugs impairing judgement)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Boursicot

Bernard Boursicot (born on 12 August 1944) is a French diplomat who was caught in a honeypot trap (seducing him to participate in Chinese espionage) by Shi Pei Pu, a male Peking opera singer who performed female roles, whom Boursicot believed to be female. This espionage case became something of a cause célèbre in France in 1986, as Boursicot and Shi were brought to trial, owing to the nature of the unusual sexual subterfuge alleged.[1]
Pants-of-dog wrote:Bernard Boursicot (born on 12 August 1944) is a French diplomat who was caught in a honeypot trap (seducing him to participate in Chinese espionage) by Shi Pei Pu, a male Peking opera singer who performed female roles, whom Boursicot believed to be female.

Well, to be completely fair on his behalf, Eastern Asians (including Chinese) do most oftentimes tend to be pretty feminine-looking in appearance, at least compared to European stock. Many tourists going to Thailand also get tricked.

I do believe there is a genuine chance he could have been tricked.
Alternatively, it might also simply be possible that even that Asian male was more attractive than any women that would have been in that man's league (even for a heterosexual male). Sexual affairs are often about the fantasy. The English may have trouble understanding this but to a French man it would have been less likely to matter.
Puffer Fish wrote:Many tourists going to Thailand also get tricked.
This is mostly myth. The people who want to get tricked, are tricked. They see what they want to see.

The transgender people in Thailand do not hide what they are, because problems arise when they do. Merely asking if one is transgender or a "ladyboy"(to which no one gets offended), will get an honest answer.

If a problem did arise, it would never get to court, however.
Godstud wrote:This is mostly myth. The people who want to get tricked, are tricked. They see what they want to see.

The transgender people in Thailand do not hide what they are, because problems arise when they do. Merely asking if one is transgender or a "ladyboy"(to which no one gets offended), will get an honest answer.

If a problem did arise, it would never get to court, however.

I think you're just being dismissive, looking for easy excuses to avoid a reality you don't want to believe.

This is a common psychological reaction, I've noticed.

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]