Having pets instead of kids robs us of ‘humanity’, pope says - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
If the birth rate falls to 1.5 children per woman (person who menstruates, what ever the non hate term is), before you know it humanity could be extinct, well its about 3000 years, but 3000 years can disappear in no time.
:lol: Yes, because humans lack basic intelligence and will allow themselves to go extinct. :roll: :knife:

Are you people listening to yourselves? The reason for the lowering birthrates are obvious and present NOW. Those reasons may no longer exist in thousands of years. To make dire predictions of humanity going extinct is absurd.

Maybe only people who are dumb will go extinct. People like me, however, will thrive as there becomes more than enough resources for all, in a post-scarcity world, lacking in over-population.

Doom and gloom predictions of humans going extinct are lacking in basic critical thinking.
Pants-of-dog wrote:How many kids do you have?

More to the point how many kids do you the Pope have? You vile hypocritical bigot who says that women are not fit to become Priests. You the Pope who claims that you have inherent spiritual superiority over all women, just because you're born with a penis. You, the deceiver that spreads hate filled conspiracy theories about all our suffering being caused by a woman listening to Satan appearing in the form of a talking Snake.
@Godstud that wasn't directed at you, the flow of comments might have made it appear that way. just imagine if Trump had argued that Hilary wasn't eligible to become President because she was woman, but that's effectively what the Pope says for the Papacy. I've yet to hear a justiifcation of why its so terrible to discriminate on the basis of race but just fine to discriminate on the basis of gender.
@Rich I know it wasn't directed at me, but it was a bit off the deep end. Addressing Pants-of-Dog as if he was the Pope(I've met Pants-of-Dog and he didn't have a big hat), as a bit bonkers.

Also, how do you know the intent of his question about having kids? Have you considered that he was making an argument that we ARE having enough kids, and that these doom and gloom projections are just that?
Godstud wrote:@RichAddressing Pants-of-Dog as if he was the Pope

I wasn't addressing Pants-of-Dog, only the pope, but indirectly all those who believe that the Pope should be treated with double standards. Here's this sexist pig lecturing others on not having any kids, while taking an oath not to have any kids himself and no one even seems to notice the incredible level of hypocrisy.

A significant number of Catholic priests do have children, the Catholic church does support these children behind the scenes, but you would have thought that if the Catholic Church had an ounce of decency in it, it would order these priests to marry the women they have got pregnant, even if that meant under their stupid rules they had to leave the Priesthood. But no!
Rich wrote:If the birth rate falls to 1.5 children per woman (person who menstruates, what ever the non hate term is), before you know it humanity could be extinct, well its about 3000 years, but 3000 years can disappear in no time.

The non hate term is real women. And no, Even if the population shrunk by 90% humanity would still be more numerous than at any point prior to the 20th century. Get a grip.
Igor Antunov wrote:The non hate term is real women. And no, Even if the population shrunk by 90% humanity would still be more numerous than at any point prior to the 20th century. Get a grip.

Yep. The problem isn't extinction, it's poverty and the quality of life declining as a result of population decline, as well as the economic decline.

My late father use to say "More babies means more Jobs" and he was right.
Rich wrote:If the birth rate falls to 1.5 children per woman (person who menstruates, what ever the non hate term is), before you know it humanity could be extinct, well its about 3000 years, but 3000 years can disappear in no time.

Actually, they disappear in 3000 years. Unlike the human race. :)
My grandmothers had 8 and 9 children respectively. My paternal grandmother would have doubtless popped out a good few more had she not died at the age of 35. From complications following the birth of baby number 8.

She was a Roman Catholic from Ireland. My dads eldest sister told me about the male members of her mother’s church getting the priest round to berate their wives for refusing their husband’s sex, which was an act of desperation after having baby after baby, year on year. They used to do it, too. Bastards. See to your husbands needs, they would thunder at those poor women. This was in the 1930s.

Doesn’t seem as if much has changed.
Couples choosing to have pets instead of kids does rob them of their humanity.

Same as saying that the sky is blue.

Most of you can hate on the Pope all you like, but ad-homs do not prove your points.

I have 3 kids and 2 cats. I know couples who have opted for pets instead of kids because it is easier, more convenient and because pets are far more easy to manage and control than kids.
noemon wrote:Couples choosing to have pets instead of kids does rob them of their humanity.

Same as saying that the sky is blue.

Most of you can hate on the Pope all you like, but ad-homs do not prove your points.

I have 3 kids and 2 cats. I know couples who have opted for pets instead of kids because it is easier, more convenient and because pets are far more easy to manage and control than kids.

I know a lot of Latin Americans. The vast majority love the idea of having children. The pope is definitely Latin American. :lol:
Potemkin wrote:Actually, they disappear in 3000 years. Unlike the human race. :)

Potemkin you are a bachelor with no known children. You are helping save humanity's resources by not reproducing. Plus, you are frugal and don't overconsume. You Scottish thrifty person you! Saving humanity one Calvinist who does not live the high life at a time! Hee hee. :lol: :lol:

Care: 73 Fairness: 77 Liberty: 83 In-group: 70 Pur[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

You just do not understand what politics is. Poli[…]

Are you aware that the only difference between yo[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]