Woman claimed her husband repeatedly raped her, jury says he is not guilty - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
@pugsville Yep. Stealing her services could fall under sexual assault in the right context. If the terms of consent were upon payment, then without money, the consent wouldn't exist. It could be termed a sexual assault if you didn't pay the prostitute or "stole" her services.

@Saeko Sadly, it appears so.
Last edited by Godstud on 13 May 2022 01:57, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:@pugsville Yep. Stealing her services could fall under sexual assault in the right context. If the terms of consent were upon payment, then without money, the consent wouldn't exist. It could be termed a sexual assault if you didn't pay the prostitute or "stole" her services.

How about she says yes, begins taking off her braw, then you tell her you are not going to pay her? Then she says you can't have sex with her, even though she was going to do it a moment before, before you told her you would not be paying her.

In that case isn't it pretty much entirely an issue of money? Even if you have sex with her when she has now said "no", it was still all about the money. You both know that her refusal of consent is entirely about an issue of money.
Last edited by Puffer Fish on 13 May 2022 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
Puffer Fish wrote:Oh, and I suppose you think Medical rape is the same exact thing as rape too?
I showed you the legal definitions of rape. If you aren't smart enough to read them, then that's not my problem.

Medical rape could fall under the same First Degree Sexual Assault category as raping your wife in a coma. Your wife, however, might give you consent once she awakens.

Puffer Fish wrote:(In the case of "medical rape", as legally defined, the perpetrator gets no sexual satisfaction out of what they are doing, and the motivation is not sexual in nature)
:roll: Sexual satisfaction is NOT a factor in sexual assault. :knife:

Puffer Fish wrote:How about she says yes, begins taking off her braw, then you tell her you are not going to pay her? Then she says you can't have sex with her, even though she was going to do it a moment before, before you told her you would not be paying her.
When she changed her mind, she revoked her consent. Find another prostitute. If you try to have sex with her now, you'll be committing sexual assault.

Puffer Fish wrote:In that case isn't it pretty much entirely an issue of money. Even if you have sex with her when she has now said "no", it was still all about the money.
No. It always has to do with consent. Why can't you fucking understand that basic thing? WTF is wrong with you???

Reasons for refusing consent are irrelevant. Consent must be given, explicitly.
Last edited by Godstud on 13 May 2022 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
Fuck Turkey. No one here lives in that horrid barbaric country, except rapists, apparently.

We were never discussing TURKEY!!

The OP is about an incident in USA.
Last edited by Godstud on 13 May 2022 02:05, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote: No. It always has to do with consent. Why can't you fucking understand that basic thing? WTF is wrong with you???

I think you are committing what is termed in logic an overgeneralisation fallacy. (similar to "Black & white thinking")

Go watch Marnie (1964) and see that society used to have different views about this sort of thing.
Puffer Fish wrote:I think you are committing what is termed in logic and overgeneralisation fallacy. (similar to "Black & white thinking")
It IS black and white when it comes to legality. Laws are written in text. You're trying to defend illegal and immoral behavior. Thinking is not what you are doing.

I don't need to see a 50+ year old movie to know that it's illegal, NOW. it doesn't matter what they USED TO do. They used to have slavery, too.

Yes, @XogGyux, Turkey sounds like a right shit-hole.
Last edited by Godstud on 13 May 2022 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
@Puffer Fish NO, it's NOT New Age thinking! It's been like this for many decades!

Puffer Fish wrote:Yeah, I totally disagree.
You disagree with the legal definitions, so YOU are fucking wrong!! What you believe is contrary to reality.

Puffer Fish wrote:Where a man can be prosecuted for rape even though the woman never said no.
Oh, fuck off. This is all about you. Poor little victim... waahhhhhh!

This is as rare an occurrence as any false charges.
Last edited by Godstud on 13 May 2022 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:It IS black and white when it comes to legality. Laws are written in text. You're trying to defend illegal and immoral behavior. Thinking is not what you are doing.

I don't need to see a 50+ year old movie to know that it's illegal, NOW. it doesn't matter what they USED TO do.

You are aware that before 1975, the concept of "marital rape" did not exist in any US state?

Nebraska was the first state to pass a law making it illegal.
Godstud wrote:I don't care about prior to 1975. We are discussing NOW.

In my state, spousal rape is an offense only if force is used, or if the spouse is incapacitated.

In the state of South Carolina, a weapon or aggravated violence has to be used.
Even then, the maximum penalty for spousal rape is three times less than it is for regular rape.

"Until 1975, every state in the nation considered a husband’s rape of his wife an exception to its rape laws. Legal codes of the time either defined rape as a man having non-consensual sexual intercourse with a “woman not his wife” or defined the victim of the offense to exclude the wife of the actor. (see for example UTAH CODE ANN. § 76-5-402 (1985), ALA. CODE § 13A-6-6O(4) 1977 )
Slowly, states began to repeal these exceptions, with Oklahoma and North Carolina being the last to do, both in 1993. (For context, 1993 was the year that Beanie Babies first became a national sensation.) Today, the law of spousal rape is nuanced. Although it is now technically illegal in every state for one spouse to rape the other, vestiges of the spousal rape exception still permeate into many states’ laws."

From the famous seventeenth-century judge and legal expert, Sir Matthew Hale:
"For the husband cannot be guilty of a rape committed by himself upon his lawful wife for by their mutual matrimonial consent and contract the wife hath given up herself in this kind unto her husband which she cannot retract."
M. Hale, Pleas of the Crown 629 (1847)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ousal-rape
Last edited by Puffer Fish on 13 May 2022 02:27, edited 1 time in total.
@Puffer Fish I do not care what the exceptions are.

You lie, too:
South Carolina
First and second degree sexual assault carries a maximum prison sentence of 30 and 20 years, respectively, while 10 years is the maximum sentence for marital rape. In order to prosecute, the married victim must report the rape within 30 days, even if they are living separately from their spouse.

Marital rape, and people who espouse it, are pieces of shit barbarian assholes.

At the very least, you demonstrate clear misogyny in this thread. Are you an Incel or follow MGTOW?

I hope you warn any woman you plan to marry that rape is OK with you. :knife: Hopefully, she'll peg your ass to wake you up and teach you that it isn't.
Here is a theory about one factor that could be causing some of the difference in perspective. It could come down to Progressives viewing the acceptability of sex as being all about consent, whereas for conservatives the acceptability of sex has much more to do with trying to keep sex within the confines of marriage. So there would be less emphasis on the single issue of consent because there are several other considerations at play. Whereas for progressives, the only factor is consent, so all the focus is about that.

(Which is not to say that conservatives don't respect consent, but it is just seen in a different light and not taken to literal extremes, like with the wife having to give an affirmative yes each time or it's rape)
Godstud wrote:@Puffer Fish
You lie, too:

How did I allegedly "lie"?
I think you are mistaken about that.

The article said that criminal liability for spousal rape is not imposed. You understand what that means, don't you?

I think you are misunderstanding that article.

Punishment is only imposed in cases where a weapon or aggravated violence are used. Her just lying naked in the marriage bed and saying "No, no, no" will not result in any criminal charges.

She would have to fight him with physical force, and he would have to hurt her, for the husband to be charged with "spousal rape".
Puffer Fish wrote:trying to keep sex within the confines of marriage

How is that an argument?

The consequences of such [marital] rapes are no less dire just because the perpetrator is a spouse. Indeed, women who are raped by their husbands suffer severe and long-lasting physical and mental health problems.

The physical effects of spousal rape often include injuries to vaginal and anal areas. Vaginal and anal tearing, pelvic pain, urinary tract infections, miscarriages, bladder infections, infertility, and the contraction of sexually transmitted diseases are often reported among spousal rape survivors (Campbell & Soeken, 1999).

Other bodily injuries are also common. For example, Campbell and Alford (1989) reported that 50 percent of the spousal rape survivors in their study were kicked, hit, burned, or stabbed while being raped. Many survivors go on to report lacerations, soreness, bruising, torn muscles, and broken bones (Adams, 1993).

[...]

The psychological effects of spousal rape are also severe. Indeed, given that spousal rape survivors are likely to experience multiple assaults, and because they are raped by someone whom they once presumably loved and trusted, it should come as no surprise that these survivors suffer extreme and long-term psychological consequences (e.g., Kilpatrick et al., 1988). Common effects of spousal rape include anxiety, shock, depression, suicidal ideation, disordered sleeping, and PTSD (Stermac et al., 2001). Women raped by their intimate partners are more likely to be diagnosed with depression and anxiety than those who are raped by non-partners (Plichta & Falik, 2001). Research has also shown that spousal rape survivors experience more long-lasting psychological effects, with some survivors reporting flashbacks, sexual dysfunction, and emotional pain for several years after the violence (Bennice & Resick, 2003).

— Maclen Stanley, Psychology Today May 15, 2020

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]