What is Cultural Marxism? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

There was some discussion whether or not the term 'Cultural Marxism' was appropriate to use. I believe the assertion was that it was mostly used by American white supremacists. Anyway: an amateur's attempt at explicating the term.

[youtube]dYu6qhd88_M[/youtube]
By Rich
The Sabbaticus wrote:I believe the assertion was that it was mostly used by American white supremacists.
These days White Supremacist is mostly a cultural Marxist slur for someone who is anti racist. In today's world most racists are found on the left, spreading their anti White racist hate. The contempt for the truth shown by Cultural Marxists beggars belief. Through their distorted hate filled lens, men are not a minority group, Whites are not coloured and Blacks are people of colour.
Michael Acuna has written a detailed blog piece about Cultural Marxism, most of which I agree with. You can find it here: https://commonruin.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... l-marxism/

Basically, Cultural Marxism is a conspiracy theory that functions as device for conservatives to blame "others" (specifically Jewish leftists) for the rise of social and cultural phenomena that they don't like while absolving capitalism of any fault for these developments.

It is difficult to maintain traditional cultural values while operating in a dynamic economic system such as capitalism.
The best is how the video in the first moment throws Marx completely out the window in its description about, "cultural Marxism."

They hint at the beginning of, "cultural Marxism," in the Interwar period, but seem weirdly reluctant to mention that it was something that the Nazis were peddling when attempting to make people that didn't like murdering Jews seem overly critical and part of a giant communist conspiracy.
I raise!

[youtube]vYQo6LI3Y7c[/youtube]

Cultural Marxism means literally nothing. The more intelligent purveyors of this nonsense usually try to associate it with Gramsci and the base versus superstructure debate within Marxism but even that is hopelessly tenuous. It's almost always thinly-veiled anti-Semitism.

In fact, I've always considered it to be a very poor debating technique.

Here's how a normal debate plays out...

Liberal: This particular thing is an example of social progress.

Conservative: But it may have unintended consequences.

Here's how a debate plays out with someone who believes in this crap...

Liberal: This particular thing is an example of social progress.

Crackpot: I think it's part of a secret plot to destroy Western civilisation.

Liberal: That's dumb. You're dumb.

Crackpot: Stop censoring my freedom of speech!
By Rich
Cultural Marxism is an attempt to smash the superstructure of liberal democratic societies. It started in embryo with Engels. With Gramsci and Lukaks the process of differentiation as a separate current started. Herbet Marcuse and Althuser were key figures and to some extent Ernst Bloch. The point about Cultural Marxism though is that is has completely broken from its classical Marxist moorings. it is like a virus that has cross bred back and forth with feminism, Black supremacism and Islamic Supremacism. Far from being an all encompassing conscious conspiracy it has become a reflex, like a rabid dog that seeks to undermine, mock and destroy everything that is White, is Male, is heterosexual, is native European. initiated as strategy for the overthrow of the market, the profit motive and private property, it has become the ruling ideology of the rich western establishment.

The dominant western ideology is like a dog attempting to catch and devour its own tail.
Cultural Marxism is the same as islamophobia. It's just a made up word to stop debate.

@JohnRawls Former President Trump is the worst[…]

According to the IHRA source posted above, claimi[…]

Is that true? The concept of race, and racial[…]

1. It is not clear that settler colonialism is th[…]