Clint VS Chair - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Blog articles about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Blogosphere Rules.
By strongservice
Everyone is all a buzz over the internet about Clint Eastwood’s speech to a chair at the Republican National Convention, In case you missed it here is the full transcript of that speech:
(Mr. Eastwood)
So, Mr. Chair, how do you handle promises that you have made when you were running for election, and how do you handle them?
(Chair)
I don’t know I’m just a chair, give me a break.
(Mr. Eastwood)
I mean, what do you say to people? Do you just -- you know -- I know -- people were wondering -- you don’t -- handle that OK. Well, I know even people in your own party were very disappointed when you didn’t close Gitmo. And I thought, well closing Gitmo -- why close that, we spent so much money on it. But, I thought maybe as an excuse -- what do you mean shut up?
(Chair)
I mean shut the hell up you nut job, you just took me from the back storage room, drag me up here in front of all these people, and now your gunna start grilling me about things I had nothing to do with; what the hells wrong with you man?
(Mr. Eastwood)
OK, I thought maybe it was just because somebody had the stupid idea of trying terrorists in downtown New York City.
(Chair)
I don’t know, I guess so, I mean no, and what the hell are you rambling on about any way?
(Mr. Eastwood)
I’ve got to hand it to you. I have to give credit where credit is due. You did finally overrule that finally. And that’s -- now we are moving onward. I know you were against the war in Iraq, and that’s okay. But you thought the war in Afghanistan was OK. You know, I mean -- you thought that was something worth doing. We didn’t check with the Russians to see how did it -- they did there for 10 years.

(Chair)
Once again Mr. I’m just a chair ,I don’t know anything about no war in Afghanistan or who the hell the Russians are, I’ve been sittin in that back storage room for four years now minding my own business until you puttered in there and took me up here.
(Mr. Eastwood)
But we did it, and it is something to be thought about, and I think that, when we get to maybe -- I think you’ve mentioned something about having a target date for bringing everybody home. You gave that target date, and I think Mr. Romney asked the only sensible question, you know, he says, “Why are you giving the date out now? Why don’t you just bring them home tomorrow morning?”
(Chair)
Cool, whatever man, if it will make you shut up and go away, fine ,I did everything ,I’m a bad chair, blah blah blah, is that good enough for you man, feel real good about yourself :lol: see the full transcript version at http://thesocialhysteriablog.blogspot.com
By Corporatios
It doesn't sound as bad as the media has presented it, but still I would expect something better from the creator of Gran Torino and other great films.
By strongservice
well I love the guy and he is gettin old so I wrote it just in fun --The idiots that let him do it are the real ones loosing their wits. Thanks for your response.(BTA) :knife:
By Cincinnatus_R
Definitely cheesy, but it was some humour that I think gave republicans at the RNC to remember and laugh about.

-Cincinnatus
By Cincinnatus_R
Hey! I didn't say it was brilliant, but it was better than Ann Romney's speech :lol:

-Cincinnatus
By Potemkin
Eastwood has become like someone's embarrassing granddad. I'm going to go away now and watch The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, to remember him as he was in his prime. :*(
By Social_Critic
I got the faint idea that Clint Eastwood is a secret Democrat agent, who infiltrated the Republican Convention and managed to get on stage to give an anti-war speech disguised as a discussion with an empty chair. This is truly brilliant.

Trump and Biden have big differences on some issue[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]