Black Lives Matter leader declares war on police - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Blog articles about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Blogosphere Rules.
ckaihatsu wrote:That's *beside the point*, though, HS, because the politicians are only supposed to be *representatives*, but if we ourselves don't know *our own* positions on the issues, then what good are *representatives*?

What if a politician *gets it wrong*? If we're unfamiliar with the political *material* then we'll be *clueless* as to what the politicians are doing, and they won't be representing us whatsoever, as on the issues of *police brutality*.

Most people do not have the time to keep up with every issue that might come up, so that is what our representatives are supposed to do. If we believe our representatives get it wrong after they debate the issues, then we can vote for new representatives the next time.
Hindsite wrote:
Most people do not have the time to keep up with every issue that might come up, so that is what our representatives are supposed to do. If we believe our representatives get it wrong after they debate the issues, then we can vote for new representatives the next time.

Yeah, you're definitely missing the point, but at least thanks for being so forthright.

Politics isn't *consumerism* -- we're not 'selecting' representatives like items from the shelf at the store. Rather, representative politics is a logistical *generalization* of popular political will / sentiment, from a population to a group of representatives, and that's the *best case* scenario.

I loathe the bourgeois establishment political process so much that I created a model framework of my own, just to show to others, like yourself, how things *could* realistically be, in terms of proposals and policies:

labor credits framework for 'communist supply & demand'

Spoiler: show

https://www.revleft.space/vb/threads/20 ... ost2889338

(We now have the communications technology to get socio-political-material 'demands' from each and every individual, each and every day. By having these individual daily demands as a *self-prioritized* demands *ranking* (#1, #2, #3, etc.), we can *aggregate* all ranked demands over any locality, or greater area, per *rank position*. This yields a mass-aggregated listing of *importance*, for all demands, proposals, and competing policy packages, for public collective self-reflection and consideration.)
I absolutely agree with you. very deep thoughts that respond within me. I recently read a very high-quality, informative essay on this topic, filled with very detailed statistics. You can view an essay on the struggle of blacks for their rights at https://writingbros.com/essay-examples/black-lives-matter/. The arguments presented in these essays are very similar to those you wrote about.
Last edited by Varannal on 28 Sep 2020 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
Varannal wrote:
I absolutely agree with you. very deep thoughts that respond within me.

Thanks -- I think it's a common error that people tend to make, that of substituting economics for politics, or at least not treating those two components of political economy in appropriate proportions.

I have a *depiction* of these two components as 'tentacled' objects that intertwine and merge:

Interpersonal Meanings

Ideologies & Operations -- Fundamentals

Anatomy of a Platform

Also, on the latter part:

Emergent Central Planning

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023