Exclusive:French writer tells days in Tibet - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
This is a reproduced article and is narrated in first person for readability.

I was initially attracted by the novel of “Lost Horizon”. I have read many travel books in which Tibet was described as a “remote” and “hard to access” place. That’s why I want to travel there in person and find its real picture.
I have been to Tibet for twice, as the first visit in 2007 and the second in 2012. What most impressed me is the great change of Tibetan’s living standard between the five years.
In 2007, I went to Lhasa and Tingri of Shigatse and formed my first “Tibet impression”. But that’s not enough, and then I went to Tibet in 2012, during which I visited the Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and the Norbu Linka Palace in Lhasa and talked to many local people and culture figures.
Of course I see challenges for Tibetan people, but I believe Tibetans have shown wisdoms in dealing with these challenges, which should be the research samples for the westerners to learn.
Tibet seems so different in 2012 that it is changing bit by bit through the improved road construction and infrastructures in the past five years.
Tibetan has ability to preserve its own culture while keeping up with the high-speed economic development. That’s why Tibet could achieve a win-win situation for the balance between social development and traditional culture protection. On this point, Tibet did much better than many western countries.
The Tibetan food, Thangka and calligraphic art absolutely show Tibetans’ open-mind and positive thinking. Local people no longer believe in one-side opinions.
The western people, whose impression toward Tibet is usually prejudiced, may only be interested in religion. So I am planning to write a travelling book to introduce a comprehensive Tibet to westerners, including the Tibetan philosophy, medicine, culture and so on.
From the interview with Bressler, a French writer.
On Self Interest

@Wellsy But if we were to define "moral […]

He did not occupy czechoslovakia. The people ther[…]

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]