Public satisfaction in government increasing in China - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Rancid wrote:Liberal? I thought I was a neocon to you? :?: :eek:

I get it though, logic & reason = boring.

No. He simply could not refute my interpretation of Imperialism.
skinster wrote:^ One thinks you can't be a liberal and a neocon at the same time - has Hillary Clinton taught you nothing? :lol: - and the other thinks he can make his own definition of imperialism.

One of your other fundamental problems is that you do not know how to have an actual discussion. You are more interested in just spouting off whatever you think (or that twitter tells you) is right, versus actually discussing. I'd image in person you are the kind of person that just wants to talk over everyone else and spout whatever you want to say, and not actually listen to anyone else.
Actually it's you that's constantly spouting off your boring opinion - every post of yours ITT is your opinion :lol: - so spare me your boring lectures because I don't give a fuck what you think about me. Although since you're acting like [rule 2 deletion] because I disagree with you on China, I'm glad to see I've touched a nerve. 8)
Last edited by skinster on 22 Jul 2020 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
skinster wrote:Actually it's you that's constantly spouting off your boring opinion - every post of yours ITT is your opinion :lol: - so spare me your boring lectures because I don't give a fuck what you think about me.

I get it, when you are shown a mirror and you don't like what you see, you get angry. The better response would be to introspect a little.
CCP has done a better job than some would like to admit for Chinese people.

The west doesn't care about China because they are bad, back in the day they would run people over with tanks and no one really did anything. They care now because they're starting to become a threat.

If the west would put the inner city gang bangers and AntiFA into mandatory re-education camps, sterilize the baby mommas, America could still blow China away. But they won't.
skinster should have been banned a long time ago.

Apparently the mods don't give a damn about the posting quality on this forum.

[mod reply: posting quality is not a reason for banning someone. If it were, then just about all of us would have gone at one time or another. Prosthetic Conscience]
Wulfschilde wrote:CCP has done a better job than some would like to admit for Chinese people.

Agree, but at what cost?

Wulfschilde wrote: They care now because they're starting to become a threat.

Though many have been warning about issues, yes, they are finally bubbling up, because now they are more serious threat. Agree.

Wulfschilde wrote:If the west would put the inner city gang bangers and AntiFA into mandatory re-education camps, sterilize the baby mommas, America could still blow China away. But they won't.

No, the answer is not to become like China. This is another gripe I have with TRump supporters (I don't know if you are one). They like and promote the idea of trying to become more like China. This will only make the world hate the US even more, and be less willing to cooperate with the US. That would be bad for long term foreign relations for the US. Just look at what it's doing to China's foreign relations and image....
Maybe the U.S. should be more like China so there'd be less American violence in the world and less poverty and healthcare for all at home. :excited:

Rugoz wrote:skinster should have been banned a long time ago.

Apparently the mods don't give a damn about the posting quality on this forum.

Another guy who posts his opinions.

And it's funny these people who cry about Chinese censorship wanting me banned for having different opinions.

:lol:
skinster wrote:Wikileaks published US embassy in Beijing cables that revealed this didn't happen. It's on the last page of this thread.

For a person perceived to be constantly anti-China, it may surprise this person that I talk very little for Tiananmen Incident.

After all it's 30 years ago, and it's how the Communists continues to suppress discussion (and think they can impose their own narrative) that proves their guilt, not what they had exactly done back then. If they do think they have done the right thing they would not hesitate to allow all kinds of discussion and / or at least regard whatever damage happened to exist. Now they can't stand scrutiny, who are they to blame?

As long as they don't change their ways there's little point in discussing how the Chinese public are "satisfied" with the government. Even whether the people answer it honestly is questionable. I was just being kind to assume it true and give other possible interpretations.
Last edited by Patrickov on 22 Jul 2020 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
skinster wrote:Another guy who posts his opinions.

And it's funny these people who cry about Chinese censorship wanting me banned for having different opinions.

Some people do not deserve their rights but I agree that calling for outright ban without justification is a level too low.

Of course, if some people violate some rules then it's a different story.
Patrickov wrote:After all it's 30 years ago, and it's how the Communists continues to suppress discussion (and think they can impose their own narrative) that proves their guilt, not what they had exactly done back then. If they do think they have done the right thing they would not hesitate to allow all kinds of discussion and / or at least regard whatever damage happened to exist. Now they can't stand scrutiny, who are they to blame?

For about the fourth time, there was no massacre in the square as revealed by U.S. cables from their embassy in Beijing. If you don't trust Wikileaks and the U.S. government's own cables, here is a corporate media source:

CBS: There Was No "Tiananmen Square Massacre"
skinster wrote:For about the fourth time, there was no massacre in the square as revealed by U.S. cables from their embassy in Beijing. If you don't trust Wikileaks and the U.S. government's own cables, here is a corporate media source:

CBS: There Was No "Tiananmen Square Massacre"

I repeat: What Chinese government did back then was less important than what the Chinese government did afterwards.

The problem is they do not allow people to even ask. Whatever the fact is, suppression of discussion never makes one clean.

Justify why they still suppress people talk or question instead of what happened back then, which cannot be known unless open discussion is allowed.

You don't even qualify well for a China apologist.
Justify why they still suppress people talk or question instead of what happened back then, which cannot be known unless open discussion is allowed.

It already is known. There was no massacre.

How do I know what you're saying is true? You haven't shared anything to support your position that people's heads get chopped off or whatever if they speak about that massacre that didn't happen. :eh:

I could see why the government may be opposed to speaking about this thing that didn't happen, since the West has been using this thing that didn't happen as a stick to beat China with for the past few decades.

Still, it doesn't seem so bad in China according to the OP, which reports a shitload of satisfaction by the Chinese in their government.
skinster wrote:It already is known. There was no massacre.

How do I know what you're saying is true? You haven't shared anything to support your position that people's heads get chopped off or whatever if they speak about that massacre that didn't happen. :eh:

I could see why the government may be opposed to speaking about this thing that didn't happen, since the West has been using this thing that didn't happen as a stick to beat China with for the past few decades.

It doesn't explain many in Hong Kong still had thousands of people keep mourning the event, even in the oppressive and epidemic 2020. Are you suggesting they are delusional Western-ball-licking zombies?

The best way to prove innocence is to brush it off instead of censoring the phrase.

Evidence is in the following link. Really not hard to find:
Apparently the Chinese government went even farther than I thought.

But seriously, now that there are much more concrete and present reasons to bash China that it is absurd to suggest this incident have as much value as the past.
Rancid wrote:No, the answer is not to become like China. This is another gripe I have with TRump supporters (I don't know if you are one). They like and promote the idea of trying to become more like China. This will only make the world hate the US even more, and be less willing to cooperate with the US. That would be bad for long term foreign relations for the US. Just look at what it's doing to China's foreign relations and image....

Well, it might interest you to know that although I am a Trump supporter, most of them would strongly disagree with me about becoming like China. There is actually almost no one in the US who wants to be like China. Believe me, I've looked around on the internet and there aren't many people who want that, this includes the "far right." So, don't take me as an example of something that I'm not.
skinster wrote:Wikileaks published US embassy in Beijing cables that revealed this didn't happen. It's on the last page of this thread.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldn ... claim.html

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. According to this article, they were still shooting people in that incident but I tend to give Wikileaks a lot of credit, so I could believe that it may have been exaggerated or that the tank part may have been added in.
Patrickov wrote:It doesn't explain many in Hong Kong still had thousands of people keep mourning the event, even in the oppressive and epidemic 2020. Are you suggesting they are delusional Western-ball-licking zombies?

Wouldn't you, since the massacre didn't happen? :eh:

Evidence is in the following link. Really not hard to find:
Apparently the Chinese government went even farther than I thought.

I'm already aware of internet censorship in China. We have it in the West too. As China censors made-up massacres, Silicon Valley is removing reporters and orgs from their large media platforms for things like opposing U.S. foreign policy.

Rugoz wrote:I don't give a rat's arse about your opinion. I simply want your garbage to disappear. An option to ignore users would do as well.

Lol, triggered.

This is ridiculous. Articles showing attacks on s[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab […]

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]