New Silk Road a recipe for world Peace - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
The ingenious idea of Chinese President Xi Jinping (for which he definitely deserves a Nobel Peace Prize) was to revive the ancient Silk Road as a modern way of communication and cooperation between countries that will lift a billion people out of poverty.
The emerging network of economic corridors, enhanced transportation routes, logistics zones, ports, and manufacturing centers which stretch from China to Europe is founded on the premise of countries and companies working together in the pursuit of their individual economic ambitions.
In addition to the economic benefits, the greatest value of the Silk Road was the exchange of culture. Ideas, Art, religion, philosophy, technology, language, science, architecture and every other element of civilization were exchanged in these ways from country to country bringing peace and prosperity to ordinary people in the world.
Of course, such an idea of win-win concept does not suit today's Anglo-American alliance, which is trying its best to preserve its Neo-colonial domination in the world based on the exploitation and enslavement of other nations, even at the cost of a destructive nuclear war.
Thanks, first laugh of the day.

First, the Soft Power initiatives like Silk Road are brilliant. They have the potential to bring the world closer together, peacefully, through trade.

Second, they are being totally undermined by China's new aggressive behavior. And since I don't want to give anyone the wrong idea, Xi had been skirting the limits of tolerance with the 'old' aggressive behavior.

I used to have a lot of respect for the diplomatic savvy of China's initiatives. They did a trade thing about a year or two ago that benefited them geopolitically enormously, at the expense of America's geopolitical position.

I felt like I was watching a good Go player.

But they have long had trouble constraining their aggressive impulses, and that has gotten worse since Xi came to power.
late wrote:Thanks, first laugh of the day.

First, the Soft Power initiatives like Silk Road are brilliant. They have the potential to bring the world closer together, peacefully, through trade.

Second, they are being totally undermined by China's new aggressive behavior. And since I don't want to give anyone the wrong idea, Xi had been skirting the limits of tolerance with the 'old' aggressive behavior.

I used to have a lot of respect for the diplomatic savvy of China's initiatives. They did a trade thing about a year or two ago that benefited them geopolitically enormously, at the expense of America's geopolitical position.

I felt like I was watching a good Go player.

But they have long had trouble constraining their aggressive impulses, and that has gotten worse since Xi came to power.

How "old" is aggressive China compared to America?
Did China do aggression on Libya, Iraq, Syria, Vietnam, Yugoslavia, Afghanistan and so on. Did China bomb the US Embassy in Belgrade?
Did China commit genocide by killing 40 million American Indians, millions of Australian and Canadian Aborigines, NZ Maoris and so on?
Did China enslave millions of black Africans?
Does China have over a hundred military bases around the world?
Please explain.
:)
Russianbear wrote:How "old" is aggressive China compared to America?
Did China do aggression on Libya, Iraq, Syria, Vietnam, Yugoslavia, Afghanistan and so on. Did China bomb the US Embassy in Belgrade?
Did China commit genocide by killing 40 million American Indians, millions of Australian and Canadian Aborigines, NZ Maoris and so on?
Did China enslave millions of black Africans?
Does China have over a hundred military bases around the world?
Please explain.
:)

Are you saying that America is responsible for mistreating/genociding people in Australia and New Zeeland? That's a new take. :p

And now we are going back hundreds of years. I suppose you know that many of the great wars through history have all taken place in China with huge amounts of casualties? The Second Sino-Japanese war they were attacked by Japan, granted. When the Qing Dynasty conquered the Ming Dynasty it led to a rebellion that lasted for over 60 years (1618 to 1683) with deaths above 25 million casualties. The Taiping Rebellion from 1850 to 1864 cost 20 to 30 million.

I'm not saying China is unique in this regard. It's rather you saying that China is unique that I have a problem with. China has risen to a great power again and as for positive or negative effects it will have, well... I guess we shall see :)
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Settlement program is an example of slow ethn[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]