The West projects its own crimes onto China by accusing it of ‘genocide’ and ‘colonialism’ - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Crantag wrote:Please provide evidence for your claims.

As is you are merely trolling, e.g. spamming with no content and not addressing any of the ponts brought up in the thread. You have merely contributed as much to conversation as a parrot.

The evidence for Chinese colonialism and genocide has been discussed in many threads.

I do not find most of it particularly compelling. But there are also logical reasons why it would be difficult to find damning evidence. However, the history of China to its western provinces in the last few centuries seems to be very close to the settler colonialism practiced in North America during the same time.

Since the historical contexts are so similar, it is logical to assume that Beijing has financial interests similar to Ottawa and Washington or other American capitals: to impose its culture in order to secure land and reaources.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The evidence for Chinese colonialism and genocide has been discussed in many threads.

I do not find most of it particularly compelling. But there are also logical reasons why it would be difficult to find damning evidence. However, the history of China to its western provinces in the last few centuries seems to be very close to the settler colonialism practiced in North America during the same time.

Since the historical contexts are so similar, it is logical to assume that Beijing has financial interests similar to Ottawa and Washington or other American capitals: to impose its culture in order to secure land and reaources.

So you have no response to anything related to the actual thread.

Noted.
@Crantag

I find my comparison between the west and China (specifically looking at colonialism and genocide) to be relevant to a discussion about whether or not China and the west are guilty of colonialism and genocide.

I find it is likely in both cases.
The main defense the CCP uses for its own crimes and genocide is "If the west did it in the past, we get to do it too." They are not interested in being an example of peace and harmony, contrary to the shit they say publically.

Actions speak louder than words, and right now, the CCPs actions (genocide and war mongering its neighbors and the west) are so loud we can't hear what they are saying.
BBC and CNN denies genocide all the time, when UK/US geopolitical interests are not benefited.

Canada

Saudi Arabia

Ethiopia

When they are reported, there is far less outcry than if the story can be useful. Such as painting a potential rival for global influence in a bad light. :roll:
@MadMonk I saw for all three regions a reports on CNN except the forced sterlisation in Canada but your link is a Canadian newspaper, where are the articles in China about Maos crimes.

Canada is history and nobody is alive who is connect with this decisions. Saudi-Arabia and Ethiopia are not part of the West, but there was intense cover about the mass killings but CNN did not call it genocide in Yemen, in Tigray they did.

Sandzak wrote:Canada is history and nobody is alive who is connect with this decisions.

No. This is incorrect.

Canada has openly admitted to ethnicity based violence against Indigenous people through a deliberate and institutional policy of omission, resulting in the deaths of (minimally) hundreds.

This includes access to potable drinking water, underfunding of health care systems, lack of infrastructure, and deliberate refusal to investigate crimes against Indigenous people, especially women and girls.

And this is all ongoing, It is happening as we speak.

Helping Ukraine to defeat the Russian invasion an[…]

https://twitter.com/huwaidaarraf/status/1773389663[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]