Why is the West falling and China growing? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
This is a debate where a well-versed educated scholar ERIC LI explaining China's perspectives and achievements.
Eric Li is right, the Western countries should reform their own institutions to compete with China instead of wasting their energy
and resources on trying to contain China.

A roundtable of western scholars couldn't even hold a candle next to Eric Li, and english is his 2nd language.
Eric Li is absolutely awesome! He successfully exposes the hypocrisy of these western clowns.
Those so-called western scholars are ridiculous. On one hand they don’t want China to touch anything in HK, on the other hand they want China to take responsibilities in Afghanistan! OMG.

Last edited by Russianbear on 15 Aug 2021 03:24, edited 1 time in total.
Igor Antunov wrote:Good, good. Accelerate. It is a favorable trend. At this point even Islamism is preferable to the festering wound that is neo-liberalism.

Please define neoliberalism for me, thank you.

I find that English speaking conservatives are using this term quite differently recently, compared to its original definition.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please define neoliberalism for me, thank you.

I find that English speaking conservatives are using this term quite differently recently, compared to its original definition.

It means economic deregulation and by proxy degeneration of tradition. Accelerated all over the west in the 50s-60's, led by the US, first trialed on the minority population (destruction of black family units) then applied to the rest of the population. It led to total decentralization of political power, rise of the big monopolies/corporate run oligarchy, formalization of political corruption. annihilation of social cohesion, popularized mass identity factionalism (eg. race, gender) and dysphoria, demoralization, and ultimately as we are seeing now, the fall of the west.

Some say this new progressive parasitic ideology was planted into US tertiary institutions by soviet spies engaged in a long con back during the upheavals of the Vietnam war. It may have actually succeeded decades later. At least two to three generations of students now forming the elite are decisively compromised degenerates.
Igor Antunov wrote:
It means economic deregulation and by proxy degeneration of tradition. Accelerated all over the west in the 50s-60's, led by the US, first trialed on the minority population (destruction of black family units) then applied to the rest of the population. It led to total decentralization of political power, rise of the big monopolies/corporate run oligarchy, formalization of political corruption. annihilation of social cohesion, popularized mass identity factionalism (eg. race, gender) and dysphoria, demoralization, and ultimately as we are seeing now, the fall of the west.

Some say this new progressive parasitic ideology was planted into US tertiary institutions by soviet spies engaged in a long con back during the upheavals of the Vietnam war. It may have actually succeeded decades later. At least two to three generations of students now forming the elite are decisively compromised degenerates.

Love your crazy!
This pattern of falling in the West did not just happen overnight. It was a gradual slide into mediocrity. My mother reminded me of the difference between a Taiwan education and an American education. In her youth, students were pushed to study hard and get the best test scores. She was busy studying and learning piano. She did not party, shop or date boys. While growing up for me, there was more focus on snacking, parties, shopping, spectator sports, having fun...and students hated studying and expected to do poorly on tests. I did get good grades but I was not as dedicated as she was. I did have a binge watching phase and I did get distracted by my peers. I did get depressed and lost focus. I am lucky that I regained my focus.

China has been determined to grow in power. They took a hit during the opium wars in the 1800s and they never forgot it. I imagine that they felt so humiliated. China has been determined to come back stronger. The Chinese are smart.

Centuries later, it is ironic that the West is facing an opioid crisis. What goes around comes around, as they say. People seem to be intrigued by poison.
late wrote:Love your crazy!

In case that was too crazy, a quicker simpler version;

Because of the quality of leadership. West is led by corrupt scum pushing useless self defeating policies, China is led by somewhat competent technocrats pushing actually beneficial policies. That's all you need to know really.
"The contest today is between a US plutocracy, in which the bottom 50% of the population has experienced stagnant or declining livings standards since 1990, cf the meritocracy in China in which the bottom 50% of the population has experienced the fastest increase in living standards over the same period, in all of China's 2200 year history. Actually In USA and the rest of the the west nothing left of democracy, there are only plutocracy
and oligarchy that successfully control everything.
Western democracy is dead but two party cartel “democracy” ruled by plutocracy and corporatocracy (Corporate fascism) are flourishing.
It is time for the west to acknowledge that China is the most successful capitalist country and that the CCP, apart from its formal name, has nothing to do with communist ideology but with meritocracy. China has proven to have a much more successful capitalism than corrupted deep state Plutocracy of the US-western Empire.
Western countries (particularly US) should reform their own institutions to compete with China instead of wasting their energy
and resources on trying to contain China".
Decadence has penetrated into all segments of western society. This is worse than the collapse of the Roman Empire.
Believe or not but this is the President of the United states, and the media just let's him get away with it. NO ACCOUNTABILITY AT ALL.
The only time Biden comes alive is when he spots young girls. Other times, he doesn't know where he is or what he's doing there.
It's incredible how parents allow this to continue happening to they're kids right in front of them
If anyone approached him they would be shot on the spot. It’s the power! That’s the problem.
Imagine what he does when he's not in public.

@Russianbear

By blatantly praising totalitarianism over democracy, I am afraid you have been being barbaric right from the start, and therefore are not entitled to any civility you pretend to have or should receive.
Russianbear wrote:This is a debate where a well-versed educated scholar ERIC LI explaining China's perspectives and achievements.
Eric Li is right, the Western countries should reform their own institutions to compete with China instead of wasting their energy
and resources on trying to contain China.

China GDP per capita 2010 - 4550 USD
US gdp per capita 2010 - 53749 USD
Difference: 49 199 USD

China GDP per capita 2020 - 8400 USD
US gdp per capita 2020 - 63,416 USD
Difference: 55 016 USD

Estonia 1991 gdp per capita - 1200 USD
China 1991 gdp per capita - 333 USD
Difference: 867

Estonia 2020 gdp per capita - 23 312 USD
China 2020 gdp per capita - 8400 USD
Difference 14 912 USD
JohnRawls wrote:China GDP per capita 2010 - 4550 USD
US gdp per capita 2010 - 53749 USD
Difference: 49 199 USD

China GDP per capita 2020 - 8400 USD
US gdp per capita 2020 - 63,416 USD
Difference: 55 016 USD

Estonia 1991 gdp per capita - 1200 USD
China 1991 gdp per capita - 333 USD
Difference: 867

Estonia 2020 gdp per capita - 23 312 USD
China 2020 gdp per capita - 8400 USD
Difference 14 912 USD

In other words:

Chinese GDPPC increase (2010-2020): 84.61%
US GDPPC Increase (2010-2020): 17.99%

Chinese GDPPC increase (1991-2020): 2422.52%
Estonian GDPPC Increase (1991-2020): 1842.67%

:lol:

Lies, damned lies, statistics and, the JohnRawls special, statistics without context, meaning or justification.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]