Math Help Thread - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Questions and research help requests. Student surveys may be posted here.
By Wolfman
I imagine plenty of people want help with their math homework. I am three of them. To start out with:

21. 2/(3-i)

I know how to do this one and have done similar questions successfully, but the answer I keep getting isn't the right one, which is (3/5) + (1/5)i.

35. (-3 - √-7) ^2

Same thing. I know how to do it, but I'm not getting the right answer (2 + 6i√7)

(2/(9(x+h)^2)) - 2/(9x^2))/h

I got nothing on this.
By Nets

Cheers.

(2/(9(x+h)^2)) - 2/(9x^2))/h

What is this?
Ok, I see.

You need to bring this part
onto a common denominator. You will then be able to factor out h. The factored out h and the h in the (overall) denominator cancel and you are left with the expression/result you posted.

Marauder, textify.
By Marauder
I don't think you can reduce the expression to the solution you gave, if you give random values to the variables (for example x=2 and h=3) the original expression gives a different result than the solution.
Maybe he lost a minus sign somewhere?

Edit: No, a square in the denominator is missing. I think it should be (x+h)^2
By Wolfman
Just double checked, nope. Wouldn't be the first time a math textbook has included the wrong answer (in my last math class the professor spent 20 minutes trying to figure out an equation, then concluded the book was wrong).
By Wolfman
Economics. This is for College Algebra. I'm not a strong math student (majoring in Econ was mistake 1), and decided for godknows what reason to take the class online (mistake 2), and then realized that was a terrible mistake and dropped the class (too late to enroll in-class, mistake 3). I'll retake it in-class next semester.
By Marauder
I was wondering if you could give me your opinion about a couple of german universities I am interested in (I read somewhere you are from Germany), I am planning on doing a master in Germany in the area of electrical engineering.
By Wolfman
(I read somewhere you are from Germany)

If so, someone needs to tell the rest of the cornfield in Nebraska I live in that we've joined Germany. I'm a bit of a Germanophile though, and have seriously talked about moving to Germany, so that may be what you're thinking of. However, Killim may be able to help you.

Edit: However, this forum in general may be a good resource for you.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Saw an article about this story earlier in the mo[…]

@Godstud " blowjobs" You are like […]

Eugenics as a concept is quite interesting since […]

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]