Theories of Intelligence - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Questions and research help requests. Student surveys may be posted here.
Has anybody researched various forms of intelligence? While I don't dispute the effectiveness of IQ testing, or the practicality of it, I'm aware of others assertions of "multiple intelligence"; this makes some sense, since social skills equally correlate to success alongside IQ. However, I've only noticed two to date- Gardner's "8 intelligences", which include spatial cognition, fine motor control, and introspection, rendering it absurd, and Sternbergs three forms- analytical, creative, and practical.
To me, Sternberg makes much more sense, since not only are they testible and moderately independent, but they don't include bodily functin or sensory control. I think, though, that "Practical intelligence" might be better represented by "Social Intelligence", since Practical issues are either handled by direct social interaction, or memetic learning, such as learning to fix a car by observing the conventions used by your father or fellow repair enthusiast. Since memetic learning indicates mirrorings conventions, even in things that don't appear outwardly social, it might be considered a form of social intelligence, alongside "emotional". Of course, I haven't done the level of research Sternberg has, but it's certainly provides a quantifiable measure.
So, anyone here more familliar with these theories and the evidence behind them?

It has already been explained that this type of c[…]

For me Republicanism is masculine and monarchism i[…]

Please provide it again. You have no problem aski[…]

Sure, keep thinking that. Election year is caus[…]