Hobbies - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For more mature forum members to ramble about things of no interest to students (DIY etc.).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By DrSteveBrule
Film - Mostly watching older classics, but I do watch some interesting modern films. A Separation and Inception were my latest.
Watch restoration - Fixed up an old Omega tuning fork, working on a Longines Admiral 5 star now. I'm not doing full on disassembles, I just do basic stuff like refinishing/replacing dials and replacing the commonly worn parts (luckily balance wheels and escapements are easy to replace).
By Godstud
Why did you post, then? Didn't your mother teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything?
By Godstud
Being an asshole isn't a hobby, Serato, it's a vocation.

Change your life, Serato. I did and it worked out well for me. Dig outta that rut.
By One Degree
Never had a real hobby, to my disappointment. I tried several but nothing took. I think everyone should have music as a hobby, but I have no talent and don't understand why anyone listens to it while driving.
I will read 2 or 3 books a day for 6 months to a year and then not read anything for several months.
I enjoy sitting, thinking, and jotting ideas down that come to me. I can waste hours doing this.
I also like to come up with ideas, but have no interest in implementing them. I present them to organizations in a way that allows them to steal them from me. They think they are screwing me over and I get to laugh because I just wanted someone to do it other than me.
By Rancid
Playing with the kids.
Playing Guitar
Video games
Working out

I'm currently looking into playing in an adult soccer/football league.
By Decky
Drinking mostly with a bit or reading.
By One Degree
A day of physical labor ending with a few drinks is as close as humans may ever come to paradise. This may be the only thing Decky and I might ever agree upon, so I did not want to pass up the opportunity.
By Rancid
A day of physical labor ending with a few drinks is as close as humans may ever come to paradise.

This is nice when I toil away at my fucking yard or fix something in the house.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]